Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've got 30 teeth, two hands and two (severely ouchy arthritis ridden) feet

No surprise Jack having extra teeth seeing as she has extra bones in her feet too. Medical marvel

I've got 30 teeth, two hands and two (severely ouchy arthritis ridden) feet

No surprise Jack having extra teeth seeing as she has extra bones in her feet too. Medical marvel

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Jack as Chancellor of the Exchequer?! Can't see anything going wrong with that. Perhaps she can use her GoHenry account and get someone else to open all the annoying decade-old bills.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
wtf? what's a years' old picture got to do with how it's going now? it's winter 2021 in a pandemic, not summer 2018 or whenever it was. no one is grinning manically on downing street apart from the cunts that live there

i seem to recall there was another pic in that set of her pretending to be facing a press pack, the mendacious ghoul

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
wtf? what's a years' old picture got to do with how it's going now? it's winter 2021 in a pandemic, not summer 2018 or whenever it was. no one is grinning manically on downing street apart from the cunts that live there

i seem to recall there was another pic in that set of her pretending to be facing a press pack, the mendacious ghoul
I reckon she's put the years' old photo up to try to fool her followers into thinking it's a recent one and that she has some sort of political relevance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
We aren’t making this up are we? It is absolutely off the chart to post a picture like this 3 years late and completely out of context.

Why do none of the peeps on twitter see this?

Why only us?

Please someone explain it to me.

Please.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Picture 1 copy.png

This recipe was born out of a drastic need to cover an open wound (the result of a tumble near a train, involving me chasing a smol drawing and trying to run and bend, whilst trying at the same time to kick the nearest shin). As you can see, the resultant marmite bread is first-rate at soaking up all that excess blood, until you are able to hobble your Mediterranean ass to the nearest A&E for multiple selfie opps and copious wailing at stern doctors telling you to stop being a silly witch. Enjoy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
the squigs just have no capacity for critical thinking. they're blind in their devotion to their no 1 top princess of poverty who gives everything away for FREE, as she keeps reminding them

it's only evil bastards who would ever question her, so the squigs are the righteous devotees and she must be protected at all costs

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Hi Fraus

I've finally been dragged out of hiding to comment because I can no longer refrain from addressing this absolute bullshit!!

🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺
I worked in Police Control at almost the exact same time as our friend was in Fire.

We had to wear uniform, but this comprised of traazers as these were felt to be more universally appropriate. Skirts had been phased out years before There was a far larger proportion of LGBQ staff than I have come across in any other work environment before or since and we even had 2 (!!!) trans colleagues.

As other Fraus have pointed out, this was around 2010, not 1910, there was a lot of campaigning around LGBTQ rights; special lanyards, pin badges, societies etc etc. If a Frau with a 'masculine leaning aesthetic' had been denied traaaazers there would have been a monumental uproar. The Union would have been clawing at the walls, a chaos would have ensued and Old Chief would have been put out to pasture. I'm sorry, its just complete bollocks.

I have forensically examined photos of passing out ceremonies of the time and guess what most of the firemanladies are wearing?

If that wasn't enough 🔺, I should add that whilst working in Police Control I found myself unexpectedly pregnant and subsequently a single mother (actually single, as in lone). Guess what? I had my beautiful Bebe, asked for reasonable adjustments to be considered, (under all those equal opportunities policies that existed because it was 2010 not 1910) to accommodate childcare and immediately moved to daytime only shifts post maternity. No issue, I just earned significantly less as there was no Ionger an un-social uplift. They don't want to lose experienced members of staff as the turnover is +++ due to the job being HARD, stressful and thankless.

I RENTED and claimed all the benefits I was entitled to. There was no wailing and gnashing of teeth; neither me nor my SB starved. We lived v. frugally but comfortably, warmly & happily.

I worked in Police Control for about 6 years... I would be mortified to even consider putting 'Ex police force' in a bio. It gets a cursory mention in my CV but quite honestly, I remember close to duck-all and 10 years later, I imagine the role, processes & policies have changed considerably.

My apologies for the essay but I could bare it no longer, and so this has been something of an explosion. And may I add what a fantastic bunch of kind, intelligent and funny Frauen und herren you are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 197
Everyone in the replies thinks the Number 10 photo is recent. She's a head.
It took me two seconds to Google when the photo was taken. Just shows that the Squiggles take everything at face value, which is why she gets away with so many inconsistencies.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Exactly. I think all of our “how it’s going” pics (including Jack’s) would be pretty dire right about now.

Maybe Joe Wicks and Jeff Bezos could be excluded though.

In her comments she claims she would rather live at No. 11 because there are fewer mendacious (🤬) fools to deal with. She has no idea does she? Does she know about Sunak’s a) background and b) wife and in-laws?
Number 11 is where Boris, Cameron and Blair lived 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I was looking for the photo I mentioned in my post and found this instead - Jack ranting about people pretending to be poor!

She even quotes "Common People"

:ROFLMAO:
Maybe she's just a really dedicated performance artist? The woman makes me question my own sanity sometimes, not to mention the first thing I did when I woke up this morning was count my teeth (28, four wisdom teeth still partially buried, if anyone cares).

And sorry if this has been answered, but has the book deadline just been extended constantly over the past few weeks or has she somehow shaped time into a mobius strip sort of affair with her deadline fuckery and constant revision of the past?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It's February, surely even the dimmest squiggles would question her being out and about in London with bare arms and legs?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Where were these shops? I mean apart from the 1930s
Grace Brothers. On the telly. Complete with Mr Humphries, Mrs Slocombe and Miss Brahms. It would have been Captain Peacock with the tape measure.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She talks about being 17 and buying herself a suit in the mens department of shops, where "bemused middle aged men harrumphed into their tape measure". This would be in 2005, so the middle aged men would have been teenagers in the 80's, not the 50's.

Pushing the gender boundaries was at its height in the 80's what with the likes of Annie Lenox and Boy George. Women's trouser suits were everywhere. In 2005 gender non conformity was being talked about, Hayley Cropper was in Corry for goodness sake.

Of course it is quite possible that an individual sales assistant would find it strange that she wanted a man's suit for herself. But I doubt they would harrumph if they thought they could get a sale! It is also odd that she never comes across the helpful assistant she always gets the judgemental unhelpful and bigoted one one.

I know my experiences reflect being brought up in a big city, and Manchester in the 60's, 70's and 80's was particularly accepting of alternative lifestyles. But the way she writes about her experiences just don't ring true. They sound like someone telling a story, not recounting true life events. They all sound like she lived in a backwater in the 1950's.
Me and my friend used to buy men’s trousers from C&A for school in the late 80’s early 90’s no one blinked an eye and our school while not liking us not wearing skirts never kicked up a fuss 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.