Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is so hard to keep up on here. This pic seems out of date now but someone posted a jacket reminder the other day (slow news day). I found this, def seen the pic on here before but not sure about the article.

Fellow adult compacted wisdom tooth sufferer here, no clawing and crying in pain but got it removed, antibiotics, still went to work but slept very well afterwards. She’s such a liar m’lud.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Can’t believe I’ve become a teeth truther, dedicate this to our thread dentist @TheDragonWithAFlagon 🥰

I’ve just googled and we’re meant to have 32 teeth. I counted mine and bizarrely only have 24 (this gives me anxiety - where did they go?). Jack claims to have 22... sorry but this bottom row is not the bottom row of someone missing teeth, I think she may be conflating needing 6 out with actually having it done 😳

View attachment 455171
Wow, Jack has a lot of teeth 😮
I've only got 20 😳 Had all my wisdom removed because they were bastards and one hind molar when it broke. As a primary school child I had 4 extracted as they were crowding my mouth. Jack could probably do with a few extractions or a brace herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
But did you actually see a Dentist, or, as usual, sort it yourself so you can harp on about it as you have before. FFS my patience is shot. 🧐
If it is a genuine tooth infection, you can't just leave it. The pain just gets worse and spreads to your body. My former BIL ignored an infected tooth and ended up in a&e after passing out and uncontrollably vomiting. Dental infections can increase your risk of certain heart conditions by as much as 30% too. Definitely not worth ignoring because it can literally kill you.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
All this talk of butter pies and cheese pies is reminding me how regional they are. If you haven't had a Greenhalgh's butter pie followed by a vanilla ring scone and a cup of tea, you haven't lived.
Ooh, Greenhalgh's do a Manchester tart too which I love.

Unf, butter pie and Manchester tart!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It is so hard to keep up on here. This pic seems out of date now but someone posted a jacket reminder the other day (slow news day). I found this, def seen the pic on here before but not sure about the article.
Sweary post incoming (this may have been repeated in previous threads and I apologise).
0.5. Dear Jack.
1. duck off.
2. Go and finish your A levels and get a degree.
3. Then go and do a teaching course (PGCE etc).
4. Then tackle the horror that is the NQT year ( you will not be allowed to only teach ‘home economics’. Food technology teachers now often have to teach a number of other subjects as part of the cost cutting that schools have to undertake due to the austerity measures that you just love talking about.)
5. Then face secondary students day after day along with the accountability pressures placed on you by school leaders and OFSTED.
6. If you are one of the lucky ones to last longer than 5 years, try to climb the ladder to middle leadership.
7. After 10-18 years you might end up, in your words, a broken husk of your former self. Stripped of any self-confidence, suffering from a chronic pain condition and still loving the profession but unable to give it what it deserves.
8.But crack on, fall back on being a home ec teacher if all else fails.
9. duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
just going back years in jack time, so this morning, but I believe I have triangulated the scarf from the women of the year pic. the muddy puddle is so generous 🙃

Screenshot_20210225-205438_Chrome.jpg

and there's some sort of joke in that her award was sponsored by dfs, given her love of sofas and furniture in general, but I am TIRED 😖

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Sweary post incoming (this may have been repeated in previous threads and I apologise).
0.5. Dear Jack.
1. duck off.
2. Go and finish your A levels and get a degree.
3. Then go and do a teaching course (PGCE etc).
4. Then tackle the horror that is the NQT year ( you will not be allowed to only teach ‘home economics’. Food technology teachers now often have to teach a number of other subjects as part of the cost cutting that schools have to undertake due to the austerity measures that you just love talking about.)
5. Then face secondary students day after day along with the accountability pressures placed on you by school leaders and OFSTED.
6. If you are one of the lucky ones to last longer than 5 years, try to climb the ladder to middle leadership.
7. After 10-18 years you might end up, in your words, a broken husk of your former self. Stripped of any self-confidence, suffering from a chronic pain condition and still loving the profession but unable to give it what it deserves.
8.But crack on, fall back on being a home ec teacher if all else fails.
9. duck off.
She's just ignorant. She thinks it's teaching children how to sling slop but not anymore.

The kids in my school tormented our he teacher to the point of a breakdown. She wouldnt cope a week.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
@traumatised sideboard from the last thread, but I grew up with butter pies 🔺, I’ve tried to do vegan versions and they’ve been ok but not entirely satisfactory. At some point when travel was allowed I saw there was a vegan place in Bolton that does them but Mr F said it was too far to go there just to get a butter pie and I’ve not forgiven him, but I have hope post lockdown that I can go.
Totally off topic and behind, and I don’t know where you are in the world, but there’s a lady that does vegan butter pies in Preston and highly recommended 🔺🔺🔺

Reactions: 18
just going back years in jack time, so this morning, but I believe I have triangulated the scarf from the women of the year pic. the muddy puddle is so generous 🙃

View attachment 455516

and there's some sort of joke in that her award was sponsored by dfs, given her love of sofas and furniture in general, but I am TIRED 😖
This, and her absolute tripe about teaching is making me want to go and howl at the (gibbous?) moon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Husband has an infected tooth . His face is swollen but not rashy (although the beard may be covering that up). At no point has he screamed and sobbed in the night. Do you know what he‘s gone and done? Got antibiotics and an appointment to have it removed next week. Madness I tell you....

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Omg High school is brutal, Jack would not last, you need nerves of steel and dedication which Ms flaky does not possess. She is so deluded. She similarly said if the writing career failed she would fall back on working in Asda. As if she would cope with customers. Also Asda require certain qualifications like maths and English. You can't just rock up and think you can get a shop job.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Yet more dangerous flim flam, "I didn't want to bother anyone" well first of all when has that EVER been true? You went to A&E with a mostly imaginary black eye!

And more importantly, don't casually suggest to your credulous audience that visiting a dentist when you're in pain is bothering them.
The dentist is paid to sort your mouth out.
As someone has said, you leave an infection/abscess of any sort too long and you risk finding out what real pain feels like. There's nowhere for swelling and pus to go in the jaw, I've seen people end up in ICU on round the clock morphine and fentanyl pops because they tried to "struggle through" the warning signs.

Stop eating in bed, stop drinking juice from cans, brush your teeth, visit the dentist.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I always think that whenever I post a letter because my Dad was a postie.

'Second generation, yo'

Oh no wait I don't because I'm not a ridiculous bellend.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
i'm swear i'm telling the truth! ask my mummmmm
The whole tooth and nothing but the tooth...I’ll see myself out 😬

@heretoreaditall2019 28 teeth here, 4 ‘adult’ teeth removed and a stubborn baby tooth that was still in situ when I was 11. I had years of braces and also really tiny smol elastic bands to help realign (I assume - I used the spares when plaiting my hair). I find it freaky we’re born with all of our teeth and they then move down - remember seeing a skull showing it in a museum as a kid and being freaked out, just as I was when I realised sharks have rows of teeth so maybe Jack’s maths isn’t out of whack if she has rows of teeth?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Fellow adult compacted wisdom tooth sufferer here, no clawing and crying in pain but got it removed, antibiotics, still went to work but slept very well afterwards. She’s such a liar m’lud.
Does kumquat have relatives?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.