Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go and get it out. My mum's had a bad toothache a few months back she went straight to the dentist and it had spilt she got it out there and then. Cost her plenty though perhaps that why she's stalling.
Yes. She'll happily spunk her money on sideboards and scarves, but actually very important things like dentistry - forget it.

I'm going to the dentist this afternoon!

Reactions: 30
Oh interesting that her dad was the union rep - I wonder if he accompanied her to the meeting where she asked for her job back?
I would imagine he wouldn't have as it's a conflict of interest, and I don't think they would even be in the same Union? I would presume call handlers would be in unison, and her dad the fire brigade union

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
My favourite comfort food? Anything beige. If only there were some easily accessible recipes on postcards one could order to satisfy that craving for beige comfort foods.

Oh well

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Yeah!!! My dad too!!! I think her dad was an ADO. I think the thing is, there was a lot of pride around being in the fire service*. Everyone lived on the same roads by the station, Christmas parties for kids, a fire engine came to my house to bring presents because I was poorly. It was brilliant. I was (still am) so proud of my dad. So I completely understand that it was a bit of a thing.

What I am not, is qualified to fight fires or assess the structural integrity of buildings. My nephew likes to play with fire engine toys though so maybe we've got a 3rd genner on our hands 🙄🙄

*Possibly there still is. My dad's been retired ages and mostly reminisces with his pals about the good old days when there were proper fires and no trazzzzzzzzzers on birds**

**He does not do that, he's a lovely man
Yes, the “fire family” is still strong, all the retired ones and their meet-ups and their magazines and charities. So proud of my dad too. If Jack’s dad was an ADO, that makes sense with the flash watch and car, because I definitely didn’t grow up with those!

One thing I do remember my dad saying, that is relevant in reference to Jack, was how hard it was to get rid of someone who was appalling at their job! One guy had a terrible attitude, and was a general dick go everyone. They literally transferred him between stations, because that’s all they could do, it’s all so heavily unionised (he ended up in prison, so they got rid of him in the end!)

• Wow
Reactions: 39
I have a full set, including wisdoms, and mine aren't that crowded either. I promise I've got a regular sized mouth and jaw too, not a comedy style lantern jaw or anything!
Me too - once went to a dental hospital as one of the guinea pig patients and I ended up with a bunch of dental students peering into my mouth to catch a sight of a full set. It caused as much of a chaos in their small world as a full moon in Jack's.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
My brain is not properly functioning after about four hours of sleep so I read all the figures of speech in the screenshot of that article literally. I'm laughing at a mental image of Jack emerging from a wardrobe with a book strapped to her waist by a belt then taking a seat on a blue and diabolically comfortable sofa. Her young son looks on in amazement while she starts hurling all of her furniture and Brexit tins across the room like a giant toddler. That made me think of The Simpsons 'so I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time' which in turn made me think of the onion police and basically the thing is I think I've curdled my brain, pls send goatos.

ETA: why am I so interested in how many teeth people have tho :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
This fascinates me. Letters, numbers and colours here. I thought everyone was the same, til I mentioned it to Mr Ellis a couple of years ago and he looked at me like I had grown horns
Positional synaethesia here, I see the year, seasons and months as a circle in front of my body with different colours and I recall events by what colour and whereabouts in relation to my body So for example i started a new job in a yellow month so I know that would be April time and is near my ear. Yes, I’m aware I sound like a lunatic. I only recently explained this to my husband and he informed me it is a type of synasthesia.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Positional synaethesia here, I see the year, seasons and months as a circle in front of my body with different colours and I recall events by what colour and whereabouts in relation to my body So for example i started a new job in a yellow month so I know that would be April time and is near my ear. Yes, I’m aware I sound like a lunatic. I only recently explained this to my husband and he informed me it is a type of synasthesia.
Ooh that’s fascinating too! I know someone who sees time on a line and they say they always remember dates because of it, I bet you’ve got a great memory for birthdays etc.

• Heart
Hi all. Work’s been insane the last few days so I’m catching up. Has she gone viral yet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Ooh that’s fascinating too! I know someone who sees time on a line and they say they always remember dates because of it, I bet you’ve got a great memory for birthdays etc.
These stories are amazing to me, I’ve only ever met one person in real life with synaethesia, and what blows mind is how normal it is to her, and you guys.
I see time as a line too, left to right, but if it’s in the past, right to left. Not synaethesia in my case though!

@Cookiecookie I hope you’re going to the dentist just to spite Jack!

@traumatised sideboard and anyone else who’d like goatos....

2401F1CA-D669-4A75-8853-6FC43D6583B7.jpeg

(Today I learned “funny goats” is the best google images search since “cat sitting like a human”)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
On a grunka and just had to stop to count my teeth 😳 28- had a couple removed years ago and a couple of wisdom that never came through and cause a bit of trouble (sans rash) every now and then.

I also live with chronic pain, and whilst there’s been a few occasions where I’ve woken up crying with pain, I’ve had the self control not to scream.

• Heart
Third generation yo.

View attachment 455547
(19th Sept 2015)
I'm speechless.

She must live in a parallel universe
where this makes sense?

These stories are amazing to me, I’ve only ever met one person in real life with synaethesia, and what blows mind is how normal it is to her, and you guys.
I see time as a line too, left to right, but if it’s in the past, right to left. Not synaethesia in my case though!

@Cookiecookie I hope you’re going to the dentist just to spite Jack!

@traumatised sideboard and anyone else who’d like goatos....

View attachment 455828

(Today I learned “funny goats” is the best google images search since “cat sitting like a human”)
I was talking to a friend about my synaesthesia and he asked me what it's like.

I said I do t know because I've always been like this, eh.

Re: Goats! So cool. Google 'Stoked Goats'
You won't be disappointed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
On a grunka and just had to stop to count my teeth 😳 28- had a couple removed years ago and a couple of wisdom that never came through and cause a bit of trouble (sans rash) every now and then.

I also live with chronic pain, and whilst there’s been a few occasions where I’ve woken up crying with pain, I’ve had the self control not to scream.

Sorry to quote myself, but my other half just counted his teeth too- 30. Why am I so invested in how many teeth 🦷 everyone has?

Also the synaesthesia stuff is fascinating!

🙏 Thank (space) you for bringing us all together Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Sorry to quote myself, but my other half just counted his teeth too- 30. Why am I so invested in how many teeth 🦷 everyone has?

Also the synaesthesia stuff is fascinating!

🙏 Thank (space) you for bringing us all together Jack.
It was your post that finally made me think “fine! I’ll count my teeth too!”
32 pearlies there! 😮

Re: Goats! So cool. Google 'Stoked Goats'
You won't be disappointed
I’ve fallen down a goat version of a rabbit hole, thank you!

• Haha
  • Heart
I would imagine he wouldn't have as it's a conflict of interest, and I don't think they would even be in the same Union? I would presume call handlers would be in unison, and her dad the fire brigade union
Yup, when I was a UNISON steward, the local fire service non-firefighter staff were UNISON too. The fire and police stewards used to sit up the back of meetings, grouching about local government taking up all the time while waiting to get to the bit about pensions 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My great great great great grandad was the biggest bullshit artist in Six-Toe County. He invented bullshit, it was his niche.

Mind your step, folks...there's a giant patch of it to your left.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve got 28 teeth, not including wisdom teeth. I’ve never had any removed. Am I broken?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
My brain is not properly functioning after about four hours of sleep so I read all the figures of speech in the screenshot of that article literally. I'm laughing at a mental image of Jack emerging from a wardrobe with a book strapped to her waist by a belt then taking a seat on a blue and diabolically comfortable sofa. Her young son looks on in amazement while she starts hurling all of her furniture and Brexit tins across the room like a giant toddler. That made me think of The Simpsons 'so I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time' which in turn made me think of the onion police and basically the thing is I think I've curdled my brain, pls send goatos.

ETA: why am I so interested in how many teeth people have tho :unsure:
I’ve got 28.
I am interested in who’s got feet 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’ve had to DO things this week it’s been hideous. There better be sheep news on f&d or I’ll cry
BE76834D-F226-4C6D-B7A7-9F9E05E47457.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I've got 32 teeth with the 32nd partially hidden.

If Jack really had 6 teeth removed, at least some of them would have been milk teeth. They can last until your teens. But she's probably just lying.

Jack doesn't look like she's had orthodontics as her lower jaw is crowded and she has a slight overbite. She has all her premolars, which are the teeth usually removed for orthodontic work, so she can't make that excuse. If she has at least two molars on each side of both jaws, that means she never had molars removed for crowding, either. The wisdom teeth would be the 3rd molar on each side of each jaw, and come down at the earliest of age 17, but usually older (I was 19 🔺)

I can believe that she has impacted wisdom teeth in her lower jaw as it's visibly crowded. But it's highly convenient that they're causing her jip right now days before her eleventy hundredth deadline.

I also believe she made the shark comparison knowing that it would cause a little laugh on here. Attention seeker.

I’ve got 28 teeth, not including wisdom teeth. I’ve never had any removed. Am I broken?
The wisdoms are probably impacted - hidden under the gums - but causing you no problems.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.