Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone above said that she was the acceptable and sometimes articulate voice of poverty. I think thats it, the go to, put in front of a camera, better off ranting than cooking, voice of poverty. She promotes herself to fill that spot and make a living off it. Its her need to make a living off it that invalidates her. That and the fact that I fail to see what tangible work she has done with those in poverty in the last few years ( I do not include speaking about her time in poverty, for a fee, in this).During the free school meals tv spots, channel 4 stood out for me in interviewing other voices on the subject.
Exactly this. When the FSM debate was raging she tweeted that it was HER story to tell, and the
journalists/reporters should go to her for the story.
Jack also said she would donate the money she was paid to a charity(can't remember which one, sorry)
She did lots of interviews/articles off the back of this.
Jack hasn't got any personal experience of FSM.
Jack never mentioned the donations again.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Amazing - if you poke yourself in the tooth all weekend you too can have an ouchy mouth to extend your deadline.
I think it was the original tv version of 'The Stand' when Jimmy Smitts ripped a tooth out to convince people he was turning into an alien/baddie person.
That is basically what she's been doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think author and writer Jack means she was being obstinate, not belligerent. Clearly all those lunchtimes with her English teacher were wasted on her. Get a bleeping dictionary you berk.

Get well soon @Flash123! I hope your sense of taste and smell aren't impaired so you can enjoy some chippy chips when you're legally allowed out again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Why would an infected tooth give you a rash on your face? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!!! 😭
Apparently it can. Let's not imagine that she didn't google every possible illness she could pin on that rash, and went for the one she had built up a backstory for and that gave her the most downtime from finishing her bloody book.

1614274421731.png

While she's at it, she could get those bloody sinuses sorted too.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Nail on the head with 'cult'
I have had the misfortune of meeting Camila Batmanghelidjh a couple of times, years ago when her 'charity' was up and running.
She was horrible. Very Narcissistic/God complex. Her staff were almost all volunteers with very few paid a salary and they were all devoted to her. It was creepy, just like a cult.
At one meeting it was literally like she was holding court and if there was an dissent or questions the person was waved away and her devotees would remove them from the room.
My then boss described her followers as 'it is like they've been groomed to love her'
No one was surprised when all the scandal came out and they went bust. She was protected by some very high up people and I doubt we'll ever hear the whole story.
I'd always taken CB at face value, mainly because I never paid her much attention.

But once I looked at her a bit closer, such a lot didn't make any sense, I have no idea how she got away with so much for so long

Reactions: 36
Thank you to whoever mentioned the R4 Camila Batmanghelidjh interview upthread- dodging questions, defensive word salad, clearly terse when presented with facts. A grifter by any other name still smells rotten to the core.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Apparently it can. Let's not imagine that she didn't google every possible illness she could pin on that rash, and went for the one she had built up a backstory for and that gave her the most downtime from finishing her bloody book.

View attachment 455100

While she's at it, she could get those bloody sinuses sorted too.
You need to go and work for the making a murderer lawyer person you super sleuther you.

Or just sit back and watch some RH (New York obviously). You deserve it after the work you have put in today.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
How in blazes do you have six out of fourteen teeth removed as a teenager and still have enough molars to end up with the Wisdoms impacting on them when they come through to make the 16 adult teeth? For the Maths to work out (and going by her selfies), she kept four incisors, two canines, two of the four premolars and all four molars. Before the Wisdoms came through. And they can't impact upon teeth that literally aren't there, even if they grow sideways.

Although, it does explain the slop. She has no back teeth with which to chew anything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
You need to go and work for the making a murderer lawyer person you super sleuther you.

Or just sit back and watch some RH (New York obviously). You deserve it after the work you have put in today.

❤
I’m still stuck into MAFS! It’s the sweet spot of the day.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.