Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Mum used to work in Tesco and I did my work experience there on a till for a week. My extensive experience then continued in Morrisons, where I worked for two months before quitting. Does anyone want to hear about my time as a cashier and all of the forensic things I observed whilst there?

Just off to add 'former supermarket cashier' to my Twitter bio. Buzzing for all of the interviews I'm gonna get about this tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Rolling my eyes so hard at Jack putting ex fire service in her bio. Absolutely delusional!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Did Jack actually directly say that she only went to the food bank once? I was under the impression that this admission was inferred from Jack saying The Destitution ended when her parents discovered that she’d been at a food bank, and her wording implied that this was her first time there?
On the SEB podcast Jack says that the first time she went to a food bank she saw someone from her parents church. She told her parents and they came round with food. She does not say that was her only visit to a food bank.

Reactions: 28
I find her fascinating. That ex fire service in her bio is just bizarre. She knows that's not what she was doing. Another day, another grossly exaggerated story or event, not a clue how disrespectful it is.
Not only was it a long time ago, she was so bad at it they wouldn't let her retract her notice! 😂😂

Had she been a valued member of the team, they would have jumped at the chance to take her back. If she were even moderately good at her job, they would have kept her in employment. It costs a lot of money to recruit and train staff. Even her father being in a senior position within the service wasn't enough to convince them to take her back.

She doesn't realise what it says about her that they wouldn't let her cancel her resignation, does she? Well, we know she reads here, so Jack, for the avoidance of any doubt........

THE FIRE SERVICE DIDN'T WANT YOU.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I worked in a Wimpy while I was at school and a couple of summers while I was studying. Do I put cook or chef?
Chef dahling, professional chef. I worked at a Little Chef when I was a teenager and am also a professional chef, and literal food expert 💅

She really is a ghoul. The irritating thing is that most people won't even notice that she's changed her bio. Just one of the many subtle, disingenuous actions she gets away with on a daily basis.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
On the SEB podcast Jack says that the first time she went to a food bank she saw someone from her parents church. She told her parents and they came round with food. She does not say that was her only visit to a food bank.
Thanks. So it’s inferred from other retellings that since The Poverty only ended after her parents found out, then, as per SEB podcast, if her parents found out after the first food bank usage, then she must have only used the food bank once.

Chef dahling, professional chef. I worked at a Little Chef when I was a teenager and am also a professional chef, and literal food expert 💅

She really is a ghoul. The irritating thing is that most people won't even notice that she's changed her bio. Just one of the many subtle, disingenuous actions she gets away with on a daily basis.
1. Little chef. Those were the days.

2. That is why she hates us so much. We notice things no one else does and we don’t let her get away with it. It must drive her mad that every little thing she does is picked up on so her efforts to further herself fall flat (in our eyes at least).

• Heart
Reactions: 52
2. That is why she hates us so much. We notice things no one else does and we don’t let her get away with it. It must drive her mad that every little thing she does is picked up on so her efforts to further herself fall flat (in our eyes at least).
Plus she hasn't once posted a direct PayPal link since March, which is coincidentally when these threads took off. It means the begging has to be more insidious, which does have it's downsides... but overall, I expect the number of unaware sods tipping a poverty stricken chef who is significantly wealthier than them has probably dropped.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Thanks. So it’s inferred from other retellings that since The Poverty only ended after her parents found out, then, as per SEB podcast, if her parents found out after the first food bank usage, then she must have only used the food bank once.
She ties herself up in knots. One of these days she will come unstuck......I hope.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I don't know. Her use of language allows for a number of interpretations, as has been noted here. I don't want to go back and listen to the podcast again - so much wittering!- but I think she says she had been destitute for about a year before the foodbank visit. I also think I saw in print where she says she used a food bank for about six months.

I have read so many bits of info that don't add up in the last few months that the only way to keep up would be with a spreadsheet or a series of notebooks. She mentions in the podcast - or was it the one with Will and Chris:eek: that journalists are afraid to do negative pieces on her now because she successfully sued. This perceived fear and her habit of making so many almost the same but slightly different statements, and deleting so much, makes it difficult to keep track.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Urgh, what an opportunistic ghoul.

Imagine those cold, dead eyes on BBC Breakfast as she talks about the trauma she endured as a fire service worker, skilfully avoiding mention that she never left the call centre. It’s actually sickening. People died horribly and in the ham-fisted aftermath of government response people have lost everything, yet here she is pretending she can talk with authority about building regulations 🤯
I think it’s just me and I’m an overly sceptical/suspicious person...But even if I was a Squiggle who followed Jack on Twitter snd saw that every part of her life, every job she’s ever had, every illness and ailment, every cough and fart was shared on Social Media, I would be wondering why I hadn’t seen at least one exaggerated story from every shift, endless selfies of her in her in uniform sliding down a pole and frequent “I’m a hero, where’s my MBE” tweets yet she is insistent she was on the frontline.

I don’t get why nobody pulling her up in her frequent implications that she was more than a Call Handler! It’s probably because she posts and deletes and posts and deletes 😴😴😴
(I want to emphasise that I fully appreciate the work CHs do and how tough a job it is however it’s not the same as being a Firefighter)

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I don't know. Her use of language allows for a number of interpretations, as has been noted here. I don't want to go back and listen to the podcast again - so much wittering!- but I think she says she had been destitute for about a year before the foodbank visit. I also think I saw in print where she says she used a food bank for about six months.

If anyone had the time or the inclination a 'Jack Monroe contradicts herself' page would be useful.
There is a list of contradictions on the Wiki that people can add to, I'm sure it's missing a lot!

6CF9EA6D-FF1D-4BB7-91F3-AC5B4E20C5C9.jpeg
B9F8E116-197C-4213-9EDA-A14EA1776B8F.jpeg

Big day for Jack today! She’s made it into Fail Blog, which was - for some reason - a suggested post for me today on Facebook! All about humblebrags.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 126
Urgh, what an opportunistic ghoul.

Imagine those cold, dead eyes on BBC Breakfast as she talks about the trauma she endured as a fire service worker, skilfully avoiding mention that she never left the call centre. It’s actually sickening. People died horribly and in the ham-fisted aftermath of government response people have lost everything, yet here she is pretending she can talk with authority about building regulations 🤯
The only thing she talk about with any authority is slop an overflowing bins 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 454382View attachment 454381
Big day for Jack today! She’s made it into Fail Blog, which was - for some reason - a suggested post for me today on Facebook! All about humblebrags.
Oh my god I am cringing. I know this is old but she is just awful. Also, I genuinely thought it was going to say "you scoop him up and tell him it's fine because..." something to do with him being her greatest achievement. Optimistic, I know. But urgghhh

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.