Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum once worked in a factory and one night her line manager was being a dick to her for no real reason and she told him not politely to duck off and stick his job where the sun doesn't shine.

He followed her out onto the carpark grovelling to have her back because and I quote she was a fantastic worker and a valued member of the team. She did go back but not before make him grovel a bit more. 🤣
I had the worst manager in the world a few years ago which culminated in me absolutely losing my tit (it was very unprofessional, I cringe thinking about it now) and giving my notice stating her as the reason. They refused to let me go and created an entirely new role for me specifically so she wasn't my manager! If you are a good employee there are benefits to standing your ground. If you are not a good employee then just be thankful daddy got you the job and try not to make too much noise

As if a 7 year old would be distraught about that stupid award, I bet she guilt tripped him for ages about that. And then she even lost all the fawning letters! Remember the tweets begging people to send more?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
My Mum used to work in Tesco and I did my work experience there on a till for a week. My extensive experience then continued in Morrisons, where I worked for two months before quitting. Does anyone want to hear about my time as a cashier and all of the forensic things I observed whilst there?

Just off to add 'former supermarket cashier' to my Twitter bio. Buzzing for all of the interviews I'm gonna get about this tbh.
No, no, no, you’re a former key worker surely by Jack logic?!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The thing with the foodbank visits is that I don't care how often she needed to visit. It;s not the use of the foodback that is problematic with her. My problem is that she's milking that story for her own gain, and is prone to hamming things up for effect. And if indeed it was only once as implied it's a frigging disgrace the media keep making her the face of foodbank users. It's lazy journalism already to keep wheeling her out, the middle class bootstrapper, so palatable for Torygraph readers.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
The thing with the foodbank visits is that I don't care how often she needed to visit. It;s not the use of the foodback that is problematic with her. My problem is that she's milking that story for her own gain, and is prone to hamming things up for effect. And if indeed it was only once as implied it's a frigging disgrace the media keep making her the face of foodbank users. It's lazy journalism already to keep wheeling her out, the middle class bootstrapper, so palatable for Torygraph readers.
The thing is loads and loads of people use food banks it's not like she's the only person in the world who was ever that skint.

These people make less noise about it. They most likely see it as a very tit part of their life but move on. I don't get her wallowing in it, even if it's part of her career schtick it's not good for her mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Someone above said that she was the acceptable and sometimes articulate voice of poverty. I think thats it, the go to, put in front of a camera, better off ranting than cooking, voice of poverty. She promotes herself to fill that spot and make a living off it. Its her need to make a living off it that invalidates her. That and the fact that I fail to see what tangible work she has done with those in poverty in the last few years ( I do not include speaking about her time in poverty, for a fee, in this).During the free school meals tv spots, channel 4 stood out for me in interviewing other voices on the subject.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
And that Zoe Williams is the most complicit.

Reactions: 25
Sometimes, when I go on holiday I go snowboarding so if you really think about it, it's like someone is paying me to go snowboarding - ergo, I'm a professional snowboarder. Bio updated. And sometimes it's nice to go for lunch and when I get back to the call centre, often people will ask how it was and I just go ahead and tell them so, if you really think about it, I'm being asked for my views on the restaurants I eat at in work time - ergo, I'm a professional food critic. Bio updated. And sometimes, at work, the fire crew will stop by and chat to us phone bods about all of the crazy tit they do and will even talk to me about fire safety, so if you really think about it...

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Someone above said that she was the acceptable and sometimes articulate voice of poverty. I think thats it, the go to, put in front of a camera, better off ranting than cooking, voice of poverty. She promotes herself to fill that spot and make a living off it. Its her need to make a living off it that invalidates her. That and the fact that I fail to see what tangible work she has done with those in poverty in the last few years ( I do not include speaking about her time in poverty, for a fee, in this).During the free school meals tv spots, channel 4 stood out for me in interviewing other voices on the subject.
Which is odd knowing who head of channel 4 news is

Reactions: 40
Ha any recognition will do!
I dont even think thats the cringiest thing I've ever seen her tweet either🙈

Oh once I went to a charity day held at the local fire station and had my picture taken actually sat in the fire truck, surely I need to be adding Chief of the fire department into my twitter bio!
I've sat in the pilot seat of a Chinook, I hope Jack respects me and my RAF service as much as she does her brother.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
@Captainmouse . I wondered if that is the reason they featured other voices. Too close a connection, and open to claims of nepotism.

Reactions: 22
Her latest like. Slight feeling she is getting annoyed about the granola recipe.

Recipe Jack? (Can be applied to granola, pistachio milk, mysterious pudding)

852308D5-6920-4DF2-8B4D-E6C492BFBF9F.jpeg

(I have cut squiggle out due to editing incompetence)

• Haha
Oh Jack! Your woman of the year award! Kids break things all the time. One of my daughters has mild dyspraxia and she’s quite clumsy. I have never had to console her over breaking something, even when she broke several very sentimental Christmas decorations that we had transported thousands of miles (and she had been told not to touch). She was about 7, same age as SB in the story. I told her I was sad about the decorations and to give me a minute, and then later we put the rest of the decorations up. Her sister is smug because she is the only one with a ‘baby’s first Christmas bauble now’!

Kids who are scared of parents having a huge meltdown act like SB.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Which is odd knowing who head of channel 4 news is
I have a feeling that by this stage, there's one or two at C4 news who realise what a bad look it would be to get their Commissioning Editor's on-off BB on the programme to speak about poverty. Or anything else, for that matter.

It's sad to think she had a drawer full of letters from people saying she changed their lives that got lost in her move(s). She then decided to ask for all new 'fan mail' to be sent just last year.

But she had no problem transporting a pile of letters including some from HMRC that were years old. From house to house to house.

So bizarre that all of her fan mail would go missing but six years worth of bills wouldn't, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.