Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How DARE you ask Jack - a recipe writer - for a recipe?
argh ive noticed this has become a thing with food instagrammers recently. One local food influencer I follow (who is AWFUL and would deserve a Tattle thread if she were more relevant) is constantly moaning about the audacity of people asking for restaurant recommendations in her DMs. what exactly do you expect people to DM you about? You need a fawning message telling you how great you are first? The pay off is that you get #gifted meals you ungrateful knob

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I think the fact that no one in the press has looked into her too closely shows that really no one cares about her unless they need to wheel her out to pad out their comment sections.

She was maybe vaguely interesting as a story around the time of the Hopkins libel trial.

But they should care. Because every time they feature her, they give credence to her lies.
I think as well, she’s quite a convenient scapegoat for them. If they publish something (her description of the foster children for example or a recipe that doesn’t work) that doesn’t go down well, they have how well-known (🙄) she is to fall back on and can also point to her repeated claims of trolling to pretend like it’s not actually a valid criticism of how little research the journalist has done, people are just going after poor smol Jack.

ETA: in Uni I once helped set up the GCHQ stall at the careers fair, does this mean I can claim to be James Bond??

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Is there an opposite version of imposter syndrome? If so, she MUST have it. I did a PGCE ten years ago. Couldn’t tell you anything about it now except I did it and remember a handful of lessons I taught. Still can’t teach or do long division. Would never DREAM of inserting myself into a current conversation about them on SM or if I was a public figure as I know my knowledge is so behind current trends and dated. My ten year old experience of one year is not relevant to today’s PGCEs. You want to know about what’s going on with them now, you ask the current students and schools. Ask the current uni lecturers. Not someone who did one a decade ago! Arghhhhh!! She just... boggles my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
What the actual bleeping duck? I know I’m kinda new around here, but has she actually, like actually right now, changed her bio to say ‘ex fire service’ because she’s feeling delusions of grandeur / superiority in referencing it in conversation just now?

What a funny little human being she really is.
She changes her bio at least once a week, but can be as much as 4 times a day. Not even joking.
She does it to tag herself into whichever cause celeb is trending to ride the death out of a bandwagon.
Autism, poverty, ED, adhd, single mother, lesbian, Trans, Greek, Irish, Firemanlady. All are interchangeable, same with the emojis.
She is vile.

One thing I'm surprised I haven't seen from Jack is synaesthesia. Right up her alley.

There are so many forms of it, it would be easy for her to fake, I have it and I can usually tell if someone is lying about it.

I taste some words and associate smells with words, eg. cat poo smells smart and Alan is a really oniony name.

I stopped talking about it pretty early on because I just got blank stares from everyone.
Synaesthesia person here too *waves*
Pretty quickly learned to shut up about it after getting utter piss taken at every opportunity.
Also fed up with 'what does 'two' look like'

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
She changes her bio at least once a week, but can be as much as 4 times a day. Not even joking.
She does it to tag herself into whichever cause celeb is trending to ride the death out of a bandwagon.
Autism, poverty, ED, adhd, single mother, lesbian, Trans, Greek, Irish, Firemanlady. All are interchangeable, same with the emojis.
She is vile.
I've never known someone to change their Twitter bio so much. I only changed mine when I completely changed career, and even then, it took me months to get around to doing it.

I agree. She uses certain labels to centre herself in a conversation, or as a shield from criticism. If there's a lot of talk about foodbanks and FSM it'll be 'ex-foodbank user', if there's a thing in the news about autism, then that'll be the thing she leads off with. It's gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It's sad to think she had a drawer full of letters from people saying she changed their lives that got lost in her move(s). She then decided to ask for all new 'fan mail' to be sent just last year.

But she had no problem transporting a pile of letters including some from HMRC that were years old. From house to house to house.

So bizarre that all of her fan mail would go missing but six years worth of bills wouldn't, huh?

She claims to have lost loads of Moleskine notebooks filled with recipes in her moves too 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The Year 7 lesson currently going on in the Tunnel house involves why you can’t uncook an egg.

Everything is slowly sliding downhill.

(the granola recipe would make things much better- cooks/chefs 😘)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Squiggles Arising! This was on the back of a story about Marcus Rashford. Clearly lurkers.

1614253306355.png

1614253353289.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
She's a chameleon isn't she? Changing her stance to fit the current narrative to gain likes, validation and money.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I live next to a river, can I put 'Part-Time Otter' in my Bio?
Because dressing for the job you want, not the job you have would be great.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
She claims to have lost loads of Moleskine notebooks filled with recipes in her moves too 🙄
It would be Moleskine notebooks wouldn't it? Can't just pop to Wilko and buy notebooks for £1. They have to be ridculous hipster notebooks that cost about £15 for the small ones. If she bought the special recipe books they're about £25 each.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
I once filled up the paper tray in our research office printer (R.I.P. interaction with other people): just added “IT technician” to my Twitter bio. That’ll be £26k a year, please, uni.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
argh ive noticed this has become a thing with food instagrammers recently. One local food influencer I follow (who is AWFUL and would deserve a Tattle thread if she were more relevant) is constantly moaning about the audacity of people asking for restaurant recommendations in her DMs. what exactly do you expect people to DM you about? You need a fawning message telling you how great you are first? The pay off is that you get #gifted meals you ungrateful knob
I don't even get why this is annoying, or something that deserves a public rant?? Are these people really so entitled that they can't do something as simple as giving a fan a recommendation?? Takes less than 5 minutes, and wins you the support of someone who's probably paying you to sit on your arse and eat/review/take pretty pictures etc etc - and moaning about it only makes you look like a prick!

Reactions: 33
I once filled up the paper tray in our research office printer (R.I.P. interaction with other people): just added “IT technician” to my Twitter bio. That’ll be £26k a year, please, uni.
Nice one! When I was 14 I did work experience with a tragic record company that were trying to make a male pop band called 'The Knights' happen. Guess I can include music producer on my CV now?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I don't even get why this is annoying, or something that deserves a public rant?? Are these people really so entitled that they can't do something as simple as giving a fan a recommendation?? Takes less than 5 minutes, and wins you the support of someone who's probably paying you to sit on your arse and eat/review/take pretty pictures etc etc - and moaning about it only makes you look like a prick!
I can understand the bigger ones having some sort of general disclaimer that they can’t reply to everyone (especially the ones who either are just them or at least are pretending to be), but the ranting at people who have sent one message asking something has always seemed really odd to me. Even if someone was being overly persistent/entitled to an answer, surely you’d just block their account and move on.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.