Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In these....moments of silence... I was thinking about the time someone on twitter was promoting their forthcoming book, and Jack said "want me to write something for the cover?"

The absolute arrogance! šŸ¤£
They obviously didn't take her up on the offer, otherwise she would have made sure everyone was aware of her contribution.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Petal you're not a fellow Irish. You are my your own admission half NORTHERN Irish. A few trips to see granny does not make you from that country and the fact you don't seem to know the north from the south suggests you know little about it.

Blaa is a bun bread made in Wexford.

Sorry when I am not at home I always refer to myself as northern Irish that is because that was the country I was born in. The Irish are people from the south.
You don't call north Korean people Korean because they are not. Same goes for South Koreans.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
Also I have medieval weapons and armour tattooed on me you bleeping weasel, I'd be more afraid if you threatened to force feed me some botulism-laced lard-based slow-cooked slop.

I really will stop tagging you eventually šŸ¤£. However I just have to say I very much approve of your tattoos.... I'm also wondering which weapons, please be a poleaxe (although I like to think it's a medieval tin opener šŸ™ˆ) so kinda jack related talk and not completely off topic lol.šŸ”ŗļø very closely linked to a hobby I'm sort of involved in.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Shaking my head in disbelief (again). No matter how many times I read this here - Iā€™m staggered. This is not us trolling her or lying.

She used a foodbank ONCE over 10 years ago and she remains the Twitteratiā€™s go-to ā€˜poverty expertā€™.

duck.
I use a food bank regularly and it's not in my FB bio :)When we first went into lockdown I put up a link to a service which will connect you with local charities so anyone struggling and unaware of where to get help would be pointed in the right direction. Should I edit my bio to include charity volunteer? Lol

Also at my house we refer to the food bank as the food library.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Jack Tweeted "We should all put our names in a hat, cook for our nominated person and leave it on the door step. Like a big Twitter come dine with me but without the snark, knicker rummage, and snake pissing on the table mid-meal"

Me and the neighbours on my landing have been making meals for each other and leaving them on the doorstep throughout lockdown. There are 4 flats on our side of the building, so we each make a meal when we feel up to it and can afford it. We hardly knew each other before the lockdowns, but we have got to know each other so much more chatting across the landing. At least something good has come out of this terrible situation.

Normally we make a meal once a fortnight each. It is always pre arranged, so the recipients don't cook that day. It is what is called neighbourly and thoughtful, something Jack would know nothing about.

• Heart
Reactions: 110
Jack Tweeted "We should all put our names in a hat, cook for our nominated person and leave it on the door step. Like a big Twitter come dine with me but without the snark, knicker rummage, and snake pissing on the table mid-meal"

Me and the neighbours on my landing have been making meals for each other and leaving them on the doorstep throughout lockdown. There are 4 flats on our side of the building, so we each make a meal when we feel up to it and can afford it. We hardly knew each other before the lockdowns, but we have got to know each other so much more chatting across the landing. At least something good has come out of this terrible situation.

Normally we make a meal once a fortnight each. It is always pre arranged, so the recipients don't cook that day. It is what is called neighbourly and thoughtful, something Jack would know nothing about.
Imagine being the poor sod whose name Jack pulled out of the hat

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 72
tit, Jack's just elevenerifed my Irishness despite me being born and raised in Ireland and living here now.

I'll admit my ignorance - never heard of a blaa before today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Would a goddess holding the earth, a god in the guise of a stag, a sheep and a wren (plus Scottish wild flowers, a pentagram, the Chalice Well symbol, and various bits of knotwork) beat that lot, eh?
Ooh they sound cool! I have a Lion King sleeve and Ralph Wiggum picking his nose.

We should totally have a fist fight.

ETA autocarrot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
tit, Jack's just elevenerifed my Irishness despite me being born and raised in Ireland and living here now.

Me neither, but maybe Iā€™m too far north being from Belfast šŸ”ŗ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
@FeelingPrawny I have a triple-spike-balled flail, a dagger and a gauntlet! I love how many spikes they put on everything in medieval times, they must have been constantly skewering themselves by accident.

I would pay a lot of money to see some sort of culinary cage match. Gordon Ramsay is a black belt in martial arts isn't he? That's the second time I've mentioned him today, I honestly don't normally talk about him this much. I would also back Delia but only if she'd had a few.

Yes @MaineCoonMama she has an entire cacophony of thunder tattooed, you mithering ninny!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Same, Veda is the height of fancy breads for me. In bread parlance etc etc
From a Google search, it looks like a floury bap

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.