Jack Monroe #154 The book has furloughed itself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just recently introduced v family to pan loaf. They were not fans which was fab as more for me. The non heel ‘heel’ the best especially toasted
Some of the square endy bits were the size of 4 slices! But the skinny ones were brilliant for fried bread in the absence of white scone. And the oblong shape good for a square sausage piece. I'm having a full Scottish breakfast including sliced haggis on Sunday now 😋😋

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just saw the new Airbnb ad that uses a version of Landslide and instantly started sniggering to myself because of Jack/Slopbot. I kept it to myself because really, where the duck do you start in trying to explain how hilarious it is?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Some of the square endy bits were the size of 4 slices! But the skinny ones were brilliant for fried bread in the absence of white scone. And the oblong shape good for a square sausage piece. I'm having a full Scottish breakfast including sliced haggis on Sunday now 😋😋
Haha not often I hear piece these days!

Reactions: 13
Yes, Money Saving Expert. Please do google Jack Monroe and her "years of foodbank use".

Stop by anytime you like.

View attachment 453827

Astonished that Jack does nothing to disabuse anyone of this. Astonished, I tell you!

Years of Foodbank use. Years.

What happened? Did she go once and they trapped her inside?

Reeeeeeeeead what she has written about it now and open your eyes Squiggles!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Oh, yes. As a displaced quine, I long for a proper Aberdeen buttery or rowie. Any that you can buy here in the south are like cardboard. I fear that I will have to up my breadmaking game and attempt them or spend a fortune on a precious box from an Aberdeen bakery (they do do them!).

A buttery hot and fresh from the bakery back door is a thing of joy in the early hours on the way home from a night out.
Fit like!....As a newly wed, I used to live in a flat on Chapel St in the late 1980's - just along from Mr G's night club and above an amazing bakers which sold lovely rowies now I want a buttery!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Mom’s recipe of the day. Pear Belle Helene, she says you can use tinned pears. Del Monte can only dream.
OT - I just adore the way she patiently explains what ‘link in bio’ means in every Instagram post she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Has it been mentioned how Not Jack has made a post about not getting round to making their own granola? Whilst we wait for Real (but 100% fake) Jack to give us a recipe?

My head is spinning.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Has it been mentioned how Not Jack has made a post about not getting round to making their own granola? Whilst we wait for Real (but 100% fake) Jack to give us a recipe?

My head is spinning.
This is the real Matrix

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Pan bread was a staple in my grandparents house. My grandad used to make us jam sandwiches that huge when we were kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The trifle was brown because of the (maverick) edible gold spray she put on

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
If someone was thought of as a bit snooty, ( in my childhood) they were described as "pan loafy"....as opposed to having a plain loaf 🍞 . I'm loving bread talk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
argh, for my sins, I put myself through the rest of the tedx talk. this isn't funny at all.

she was actually better on camera back then, you can see how people would be suckered in.

reading out other people's emails of genuinely troubling stories in a wavery voice. and a retelling of "weetabix mashed with water and mummy's not hungry" and then a description of a suicide and then going on to say "this was my truth".

she's such a bleeping ghoul, but it really is a prime example of how people will refuse to critically appraise her because she's the acceptable and, sometimes, articulate voice of The Poor

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
As it's time for new thread suggestions I think it would be utterly mendacious if @Lisbon wasn't recognised for the sublime "NarcUs Rashface."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Whilst waiting for the next chaos, I noticed in her final tweet on tattoos she claims that she can’t remember the ones she has off the top of her head.

Why doesn’t she just look?

Are they magic disappearing tattoos or is she making the whole thing up? View attachment 453319
To be fair, I sometimes forget about a couple of mine that I can't easily see.

Reactions: 19
I haven't listened to it but is that TED X talk the kind of thing you lads who have been suggesting I pull a Baz Lurhmann were envisioning? If that's the case, I hate to tell you but I SHAN'T.

Unless you send me a vegan butter potato pie.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I haven't listened to it but is that TED X talk the kind of thing you lads who have been suggesting I pull a Baz Lurhmann were envisioning? If that's the case, I hate to tell you but I SHAN'T.

Unless you send me a vegan butter potato pie.

I've actually been thinking, even though it's completely off-topic, I'd love to hear slopbot's take on 'UK Hun' ❤😭🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I've actually been thinking, even though it's completely off-topic, I'd love to hear slopbot's take on 'UK Hun' ❤😭🤣
I've never watched Drag Race so I looked it up and we cannot improve on that. I'm hooting at 'I like it rough but my lentils tender' thinking about how Jack always describes her lentils as 'swollen' :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Late to the butter pie party (but not late to the less than £2 Lidl Danpak!)... I will be googling and drooling. Droogling? I make cheese and potato pie which is probably the same. Make some buttery mashed potato, crack some eggs in little wells in the mash, dump truck worth of cheese on top and bake... serve with baked beans in their juice (or ‘jus’). Not for sharing a bed with someone who doesn’t want to be farted on. God I wish I could be arsed to make it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I've never watched Drag Race so I looked it up and we cannot improve on that. I'm hooting at 'I like it rough but my lentils tender' thinking about how Jack always describes her lentils as 'swollen' :sick:
I've never watched it either, it's just sunk into my consciousness thanks to twitter 🤣

I just love the idea of slopbot chanting "bing bang bong. sing sang song. ding dang dong" 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.