Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yorkshires need rested fridge cold batter and very hot fat. Sizzling. I use lard because my grandma did but any fat that has a high smoke point will be good (in my opinion). Three christmases in a row my Yorkshire’s have been majestic, I rarely make them, so these are my tips. For batter recipes, Nigella and James Martin are approved (all v similar tho)

Reactions: 31
Most of her recipies are like what a group of students would think up at 4 am drunk with the reminents of their cupboards.
Chickpea, sausage and custard with a chopped tomato roux on a bed of suopernoodles.
Can confirm, this is exactly how my wife cooks when she comes home after a night out, and she's basically a career student

(she's highly qualified and i'm very proud of her but god the stuff she comes up with)

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She's using that vegan bacon pointlessly on the hummus to make the point that being a vegan is expensive isn't she?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
People are just not taking her tit today.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 19.56.56.png

ETA on a Grunka so didn't realise it has already been shared!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Why doesn't she just STFU and go watch Ski Sunday?

I'm sure she'll have some anecdote about having to ski on tea crate planks whilst all the posh kids had Salomons and Kneissls at the local dry slope. And if that's all too traumatic, Antiques Roadshow is on BBC1.

Know your demographic, Jack. The little old ladies will love that.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Good grief. I started the weekend yesterday absolutely outraged that Jack had my favourite bridge of all time in her mouth (duck off Jack I geekily adore the Forth Bridge) and ended it shouting with glee & scampering with the viggles calmly taking her nasty arse to account. Destitute my arse you fraudulent 🛎🔚
What is this viggle exchange I keep hearing about? Have looked on insta but can’t see it?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.