Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s already been pointed out that she’s blocked the viggle she came along to argue with, but here’s a screenie anyway, for our receipts.

View attachment 436641
That'll be the 'rejection-sensitive dysphoria' kicking in again.

Not to belittle people that actually have it, I struggle myself but she seems to have more of a case of 'can give it but can't take it' going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
When was bread ever grey? If enough people made that and the “cake” you could build a house
Her forever home?
This is the house that jack built?

That milked the horse
for lasagne sauce?
That tossed the salad
all forlorn
that kissed the girl
that ran away
that tormented and worried
the vegans anyway?
That made the bread
from the malt
that lay the foundation
for the bricks
to lay the house
that jack built?

etc etc

Sorry thats my own st valentine's day massacre 😁❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I reckon she has more people blocked than she has followers at this point.
She blocked me a few months ago simply because I liked a (very polite) tweet that suggested it may not be safe to use a camp stove in her shed. I’d not interacted with her at all! I think it shows she’s incredibly controlling, and becomes rather unhinged when she encounters even the very mildest dissent.
I think something has clearly happened re the Linda McCartney collab and so she’s having another one of her narc rages. She’s so unprofessional.

Well, you were being completely unreasonable, not wanting her (or any squiggles) to die of CO asphyxiation, after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Her forever home?
This is the house that jack built?

That milked the horse
for lasagne sauce?
That tossed the salad
all forlorn
that kissed the girl
that ran away
that tormented and worried
the vegans anyway?
That made the bread
from the malt
that lay the foundation
for the bricks
to lay the house
that jack built?

etc etc

Sorry thats my own st valentine's day massacre 😁❤

Jesus Christ 🤣 I envy the creativity of some of you people I really do

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Agreed. I've been a vegan for 14 years, and by far the absolute hardest thing about being vegan is dealing with the social consequences. It has got better recently, but people can be so nasty, judgmental, argumentative, unaccommodating, and will happily accuse vegans of all of the above while inflicting these very behaviours on us. Even when they are not being deliberately nasty, they will do things like telling us to "live a little" as if veganism is unpleasant, and shaming for not joining in eating animal products, blaming us for their own lack of accommodations.

This is a long way of saying that there is no way that Jack is tough enough to withstand the social consequences of being vegan, even if she was interested. Unlike me, she would have had the added pressure of being part of woke circles, where veganism is unpopular and shamed as being for the privileged.
I've been vegan for 14 years too, was veggie another 10 before that as well. The bit in bold is so bloody accurate!!! Do you also get accused of jumping on the band wagon too? Yet you can't defend yourself because arrrgh you're militant!! Annoys the hell out of me!!

Also, due to all the hummus talk, I have eaten a whole pot of hummus for me tea. I hope you're all happy!!! (I certainly am!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I think this was really snappy and uncalled for, targeting that squiggle who was just passing a comment like you do on twitter. I bet squig feels terrible :(
The thing is, there was absolutely no reason to put bacon/facon on hummus.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
this is all amazing! the drama, jack, I just love it! keep it coming.

think my fave bit is smol robot man heavily implying that he's seen slopbot and isn't best pleased (get to duck, slopbot's the best ❤) and jack's reply is basically "mememememe"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I’m making my own Yorkshire puddings for the first time tonight. Even if they don’t rise they’ll probably still be better than Jacks flaccid flan bases
Screaming hot oven and fat, room temp batter, don’t open the door until they’ve stopped rising for a good few minutes. Flaccidity must be avoided at all costs, otherwise, where will you put your Mel Donte fruit?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Foolishly made a new twitter a couple of days ago and very quickly remembered why I stopped using the old one...still, at least I get to share some of my suffering with you all.

20210214_194425.jpg
Can she be done for manslaughter if squiggle eats that?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
Most of her recipies are like what a group of students would think up at 4 am drunk with the reminents of their cupboards.
Chickpea, sausage and custard with a chopped tomato roux on a bed of suopernoodles.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Mate, get a hummus machine! We’re gonna need it. And x3 slow cookers full of tea!
I'm devilling 100 eggs as I type. Who's rinsing the beans?

Foolishly made a new twitter a couple of days ago and very quickly remembered why I stopped using the old one...still, at least I get to share some of my suffering with you all.

Can she be done for manslaughter if squiggle eats that?
duck me, even Jack didn't manage to make hers brown, and her output generally shares the palette of the Bristol Stool Chart.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.