Jack Monroe #148 Ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most soya is to me too, cheap own brands are the only ones I can get on with, presumably because there is less soya. Loads of people I know who eat dairy have switched to it or at least happily drink it in tea.
Is soya good in tea then? I love almond milk (the rude health one) but it's awful in tea. Tea is the only time I have dairy milk so would love to have an option to not bother buying it at all. I can't deal with any curdling

Reactions: 20
Just a little test. Can you heart this post if you are an actual vegan? Don't do anything if you're not. Cheers.
I don't eat meat or dairy but wouldn't call myself vegan. I guess plant based is the term, although I hate that.

Reactions: 18
Is it wrong to hope the two of them in one room creates such a strong concentration of grifting energy that it forms some kind of black hole that sucks them both into a different universe
It would be like two magnets repelling each other and they would be thrown apart to opposite sides of the room with such force they would crash through the walls.
That would be awesome.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve just had a thought <insert hilarious comment or gif of your choice>

She never seems to understand hubris; she makes these statements or proclamations about how she’s now doing this or that, she feels amazing, best ever etc and she does it again and again. It lasts approx 5 minutes and then it starts over. If I were going vegan or doing cold therapy or whatever, I’d do it a while before saying something like that. And she goes on to champion something that is in conflict with an earlier thing.

With Jack, I’ve just thought, because she is NPD when she finds some new BS, she’s not declaring this thing to say this is “her” going forwards- she’s using it to cover up the past. She’s “now” great because of snow therapy bollocks, before she was not great. They key take away she is pushing is that she is NOW great.

That’s why she gets so bleeping snippy when someone says “what about your arthritis that is apparently caused and made worse by cold and damp” she was not good before, she’s good now and a squiggle is failing to praise her greatness at bringing to their attention how great “snow therapy” is. It’s so good that she is promoting it, it’s basically as good as something she herself might have invented. It’s so her.

Jack is great, jack thinks “latest thing” is great. It is a natural fit that she, a great person, should discover a thing of greatness. She feels good. She shows off about feeling good. Some fool tries to burst that bubble FFS. Why don’t they understand that she is great, and the thing is great? They both great. They’re basically the same thing.

That was THEN and this is NOW anger ensues.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
This isn't a criticism of her feet, lord knows mine aren't the prettiest (though I wouldn't show them on social media?!) But I am baffled at the size of her left big toenail - it's huge!!

I'm also baffled at why she is doing this. What's the point? Go inside and put some slippers on you nobber.
Meanwhile in the real world it was - 6 where I live, I didn't prance about in the icy snow I pulled my warm boots on and went to work where I am working all day with key worker children supporting their learning. Personally I feel this is a more useful existence than hers.

And even if I could do that I wouldn't as I don't like cold feet you prune

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It's so ridiculous. The time for pretending to be vegan was over a month ago, when, you know, it was actually Veganuary and she was actually being paid to do a vegan collab. Why bother now, Jack?

Love how you used a Veronica Sawyer gif to illustrate your veronicaa post.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
So October Jack had to have three layers of thermal vests, socks and hats on in the house because she feels the cold (I’m sure there will be receipts as I distinctly remember seeing those posts here) - even though we have had quite a mild autumn and winter, in fact it’s only gotten really cold in the last week.

Yet standing bare foot in the snow - is snow problem. It’s healing! Cold is therapy. Cold heal all and not make joints stiff.
Yes, I don’t know about you, but I find that plunging my arthritic hands into the freezer really helps get them moving on a morning 🙄 Also, ive never heard of cold actually curing chilblains (and as a warm blooded Herr from a warm country of origin, it’s something I suffered with when I arrived here as a kid) 😳

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Having a Grunk before I start making my lunch and Pulp's Common People just started playing on my Spotify 90s playlist. You cheeky minx Spotify! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Is soya good in tea then? I love almond milk (the rude health one) but it's awful in tea. Tea is the only time I have dairy milk so would love to have an option to not bother buying it at all. I can't deal with any curdling
It’s better in tea than almond or hazelnut (which leaves a greasy film on my teeth) or oat (which is OK’ish). I find rice just too watery.

Reactions: 15
I don't have arthritis but I do have a dodgy knee from a running injury 🔺️ and it hurts like hell in cold weather, especially if the cold comes on suddenly. If it snowed here I would be deeply confused, but I would most definitely not be running out to play.

My dad had arthritis in one hand from getting shot 🔺️🔺️ and when we lived in England would wear a single glove 🔺️🔺️🔺️ for several months because of the cold. If only he had known to just rub snow on it...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Umm Pea milk. Methinks this a ploy for another disaster link with Alpro. ffs is nothing safe. My note file is in need of another page 👅
In all my 50 something years on this planet, it has never once occurred to me to milk a pea 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I live in the desert and my ankle 🔺is fucked from a running injury and terrible surgery. Anything below about 15° and it’s achy. You couldn’t pay me enough to stand in the snow. Today was about 27° and non uniform day as it’s half term starting tomorrow. Everyone was in jeans and jumpers because we have adjusted to the super hot weather we get for most of the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve just had a thought <insert hilarious comment or gif of your choice>
Jack is great, jack thinks “latest thing” is great. It is a natural fit that she, a great person, should discover a thing of greatness. She feels good. She shows off about feeling good. Some fool tries to burst that bubble FFS. Why don’t they understand that she is great, and the thing is great? They both great. They’re basically the same thing.

That was THEN and this is NOW anger ensues.
Yes and this can also work in reverse. Say in a week's time when she is in bed for days due to arthritis and someone will innocently suggest rolling in the snow in the nip and eating fish.
She will be livid about the bullying and trolling and the mean arthritis truthers.
She simply can never comprehend most people have memories better than that of a goldfish and are genuinely puzzled by her conflicting versions of so many things.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
BBC Breakfast had a feature about cold water therapy and exercise as a way of improving immunity and health yesterday morning so maybe that's what gave her the inspiration? Because she's not mentioned anything about it before now has she?
To be fair, “a while” in Jack time is about 24-hours for the rest of us

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.