Jack Monroe #147 We honestly didn’t expect the backlash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 427829
Fraus. I’ve gotten confused somewhere along the line (even tho I am neither autistic nor have severe anything......) but I’ve rescued some birds, and now I’m drying them out on the radiator in my crappy house that doesn’t have mushrooms on it. Then I’m blitzing them with these mixed herbs (in my power blender) to later add to my bath. That’s right isn’t it??!!
Almost there. You need to decant the jar of mixed herbs into another jar. Then use a label maker to write “MIXED HERBS” on the new jar. It doesn’t work the same unless you put stuff from one jar into another jar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I don’t think it’s really anything as “sinister” as people who cross her having to wear concrete slippers and sleep with the living fisho’s. Or the dead fisho’s in the silicone freezer graveyard.

The thing is like any workplace there’s always that one hole who is seemingly tolerated despite draining the living joy and all profitability out of that office. Whether it’s friends in high places, or just that nobody wants to stick their head up and accuse the ADHD tattooed lesbian single mum of being a lazy disruptive waste of space, it goes on for ages. Like the emperors new clothes, everyone thinks someone else likes her and nobody wants to be a pariah by calling her out.

Except the canal of bullying ninnies, who, whilst we may listen to electroslop and get excited by clean spoons, are also forensically wondering why someone who has received so much money needs to rattle a tip jar? Why people in food poverty are encouraged to cook recipes that don’t work? Why someone is allowed to be “actually autistic” because their GP mentioned it in a chat?
On a grunka and deliberately waiting to add my thoughts while reading in an unusual wise attempt and there you said it, (completed it). She is exactly that kind of colleague. Sometimes the nasty one, the lazy one, sometimes not even nasty but definitely a waste of space and the equivalent of the Hausfrauen whispering to each other "why on earth is she allowed to be here?" I especially remember Ms. Ailment, who was also very slow and a bit dim. Management (definitely no nepotism) outdid themselves to look after her, make new rules, defend her and most of all enjoyed all of it because they had found someone to express their caring, compassionate, equal opps side in a fashion that was a bit like 'put all your eggs in one basket'...as the general working environment was harsh and she was there to demonstrate that they too had a soft and fair side.
JM has banged the drum so much for her own poverty story, it is difficult to break though that and change your own behaviour accordingly once you felt a bit sorry for the poor pixie. Maybe she simply is their mental health case...that might work, otherwise I can't explain why they can approve of someone would add a wheelchair to their bio and is not in a wheelchair. But the latter really makes me question the people who protect her, because this is too much!

Edit: spelling and making it make more sense

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Her attempt at humour isn't even a dad joke, that's offensive to dads (and my dad is DEAD!). It's a reference that makes 0 sense, just purely based on the fact that Papa John's has Papa in the name. It's as funny as if I were to reply to a random tweet of hers with "Jack and Jill went up the hill. BECAUSE YOUR NAME'S JACK GEDDIT LOL HILARITY ENSUES"

It's actually the kind of "humour" that irritates me the most, people making unfunny references that have nothing to do with anything...so well done, Jack, you are as tit as jokes as you are as cooking, money management, and cleaning your nails.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Jack's Yorkshire puddings look truly, honestly awful. Like...I can't believe she thought they looked decent enough to post online!

Reactions: 33
JM has banged the drum so much for her own poverty story, it is difficult to break though that and change your own behaviour accordingly once you felt a bit sorry for the poor pixie. Maybe she simply is their mental health case...that might work, otherwise I can't explain why someone would add a wheelchair to their bio and is not in a wheelchair. But the latter really makes me question the people who protect her, because this is too much!
Also it’s easier to go along with it than admit you back a duffer. She acts out, well she’s political. She hasn’t yet done quite enough to damage other people’s brands. And other people are lovely, why would everyone turn on Mom because of Jack. Apparently people prefer to maintain the toxic status quo.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
With regard to those flan bases JM thinks are Yorkshire Puddings just remember her quote from earlier in the thread.
Here is another quote to add to the collection...
brought to you by the maverick genius food expert Jack

Screenshot_20210209-214950.jpg

Yep there really is method in her madness?

Chop it up and stick it in the oven?
#Another Jack Hack maybe?
Save time by putting in zero effort and making crap food on a low budget?
#Completed it mate

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Re useless colleagues....someone I worked with insisted they could no longer come in to the office, and wanted to work from home. ( This was 3 years ago, before everyone else was...)

They gave a few quite strange reasons, and then relocated to ... another country... whilst still supposedly working from home on full pay.

My employer bent over backwards to accommodate her increasingly odd demands... They could only work evenings as they had sleep issues ...

Reader, you are ahead of me:. This person actually had another job, and was doing duck all, without actually being rumbled. They kept it up until a couple of months ago

I feel that Jack would be....that kind of colleague.....
Nah, that's too much work for Jack 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Lads has this been shared?
Eats fish regularly 🥱🙄.. <insert Kandi the lies gif>

ETA..this nonsense

The best-selling author clarified that she went fully vegan for around two years but now eats white meat and fish two to three times a week out of a potential 21 meals.

She said: ‘Regression wasn’t a flippant decision; I have arthritis and other health conditions which means I need the complex omega structures that fish proteins provide.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
I could cry. We used to have the loveliest lady next door. She was always growing weird and wonderful looking vegetables in her garden, I was more a bit of salad, rhubarb, herbs, and we used to swap them with each other. Language was a bit of a barrier, but once in a while she would knock on the door and shout out “Ok! Punjabi food!” and hand over a tray full of the best food I’ve ever had. She was so pretty and graceful and always wore the brightest dresses. I’m getting the eye wets™️
Back in the day, when I was ill with v severe depression, and just out of hospital,my neighbours used to knock on my door with curries, biryanis, stews etc. Iwouldn‘t have survived without them, they were amazing, and I am also getting emotional, remembering this. My neighbour’s dad found out that I loved his green chutney and sent me pots and pots of it😁 People are amazing - pay it forward wherever you can ❤❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.