Jack Monroe #147 We honestly didn’t expect the backlash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to thread 147 🎉 named by @TheDragonWithAFlagon who thriftily decanted the words of the PR dept at Linda McCartney (RIP) and with an amazing 119 votes!
Your prize is an extension on your book submission deadline (again).

In our last thread-

1 The canal still love a tune. Write some prose, there’s nothing to it- vogue
2 @SweetTransvestite lost it and cockified a squiggle
3 Jack ruined four different foodstuffs at once for a client - who manufactures prunes and pineapple
4 She’s written 3000 words of fury for a parliamentary magazine education special. Hope she remembered the fronted adverbials!
5 Lest we forget...we will remember her and her bum
6 Pantaloons? On a filly?
7 what the hell has she done to her rented kitchen NOW? Covered it in pics...of herself
8 Viggles gonna viggle just as salt is salt and beans are beans
Most importantly, we learned how to jizz up tinned chicken by bunging it into a curry with jam. Or Hot Buttered toast with prune bread, best eaten near the loo.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 excellent recap Hotes!! Genuinely laughing out loud here (sorry, again neighbours). “my bum hurts.” makes me HOOT every time, how to “jizz up tinned chicken” 🤣 and “cockifying a squiggle - I love being in a world where these words and phrases all make perfect sense!

And 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 @TheDragonWithAFlagon and Linda McCartney PR - perfect thread title! The DWAF and LMC have to be the unexpected cheeky little duo of the month!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Starting this thread plus a load of washing is all I’ve achieved today! I’m hoping she stays quiet tomorrow as it’s anti-natal sheep scanning day for @Falkor and I just want to enjoy it in peace tbh

Reactions: 58
What is the thread for off topic cabal chat? I have seen one mentioned. I would like to ask for inspiration for my avatar.

Reactions: 11
What is the thread for off topic cabal chat? I have seen one mentioned. I would like to ask for inspiration for my avatar.
It’s the food and drink thread in off topic, but to be fair you could ask that here and do a spoiler -off topic
Googly eyes on Jack food is always a good one

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Good morning, got my second vaccine, and poorly relative back home in the UK is out of Intensive care (minus one leg). Covid is rubbish.

Book deadline seems to be forgotten, like the floor in Jack's kitchen.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
She’s off again claiming she has do “hecking”everything.

Given that Coops woke her up 17 hours early, I feel that today is going to be a long day.

Oh, and Jack, some people in the U.K. have had snow for weeks *grumbles unhappily into flask of coffee that has been in the slow cooker for days*.

ETA There is a cinnamon, star anise, prune and vanilla bun on IG stories.

I am leaving it to the tech savvy frauen to ss.

Thinking the bakeoff comments may have got to her slightly.

🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
She’s off again claiming she has do “hecking”everything.

Given that Coops woke her up 17 hours early, I feel that today is going to be a long day.

Oh, and Jack, some people in the U.K. have had snow for weeks *grumbles unhappily into flask of coffee that has been in the slow cooker for days*.

ETA There is a cinnamon, star anise, prune and vanilla bun on IG stories.

I am leaving it to the tech savvy frauen to ss.

Thinking the bakeoff comments may have got to her slightly.

🤔
7DC70C0F-EB50-40F1-8261-E0520BED69A9.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Her and the bleeping ‘lil’😡.

Just ‘casually’? it doesn’t make any sense you dimwit!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Those prune buckwheat and star anise buns sound disgusting and not worth staying out of bed for. #adpartnershipdeadlinemissedagain

What an unpleasant “lil” breakfast surprise.

— I can’t bear use of the contraction “lil”. Particularly with regard to children. Irrational and carnaptious — must be Monday morning 😒

ETA: great minds and all that @LyraBalaqua and @Into_the_tunnel 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Did delmont only gift her prunes. Honestly prunes are not one thing I have ever bought. They look disgusting. 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I know this is squiggle’s doing but why are sleep and rest in inverted commas?

Am I missing something? Is squiggle not actually sleeping?
here's squig's full tweet and additional

20210208_072706.jpg

I'm sure they have some sort of point wrt how exhausting it is just to get through every day atm or something. i don't know, it's too early! 😴

it's just a bit galling to see it being co-opted by the queen of the dino nap

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.