Jack Monroe #147 We honestly didn’t expect the backlash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it was with people in poverty, they might not have the means to. Although she probably had 100 other excuses lined up too
I understand not everyone has a phone, especially those in the most extreme poverty. But surely all of those people Jack is interviewing have contacted her with their poverty stories somehow?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Ya prunes! Indeed!
Who uses their cooking ingrediants as a term of insult?:unsure:🤷‍♀️
Must be Jack's finishing touch to things?
The signiture of the maestro?
Mind you her over usage of the humble prune is the only regular thing about her?:rolleyes:

Screenshot_20210208-214728.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Sorry newish here although have lurked for a while, but I am staggered at this way of writing a cookbook.So she knocks the buns up at 5am, doesn't let them cool enough before icing, takes an awful photo of them but bam it’s a great recipe, doesn’t need tweaking at all and it makes it into the new book by 9am. Madness, surely her chef/cook friends should have a word.
I have a chef friend, he is Italian and comes from a long line of chefs and has worked in the industry for years. He has heard of Jack, she is somewhat known in his industry presumably through Allegra or her difficult reputation but she is not rated whatsoever. He couched it in less than polite terms which was music to my ears ❤ He would have no problem telling her to quit while she is ahead either 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I have a chef friend, he is Italian and comes from a long line of chefs and has worked in the industry for years. He has heard of Jack, she is somewhat known in his industry presumably through Allegra or her difficult reputation but she is not rated whatsoever. He couched it in less than polite terms which was music to my ears ❤ He would have no problem telling her to quit while she is ahead either 😂
Although I know in my heart of hearts her food is gash. It's always nice to have a professional confirmation.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Erm a cheap handset and a sim only sim with a months calls and internet would cost the same as a return train fare from Sarfend to Lahndan. Let’s face it Mackie has to meet the poors in person to look them in the eye and put the glamour on them before swooping in to emotionally vampire their stories and then ensuring that they feel sorry for her before she leaves.
I don’t want to upset any dear leaders or bitcoin millionaires so if any are watching, spasiba! Is Vlad taking the piss with these chonky tripe and poo trainers
434CFFB9-3798-4373-A8FE-C9F78C33F274.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I understand not everyone has a phone, especially those in the most extreme poverty. But surely all of those people Jack is interviewing have contacted her with their poverty stories somehow?
If you had in good faith given your story and details to be part of her book, wouldn’t you feel incredibly vulnerable that she still had all this personal info in a bloody lever arch file (not appropriately protected data!) and hadn’t done sweet FA about writing it?
Could have sold your story to Closer magazine and got £100 for your troubles ...

Reactions: 41
While we've got a quiet moment, if you're interested I have completed part of the onion police investigation into Jack's activities. Unfortunately we can't yet hold her to account for all her crimes because it's a very time consuming process and I'm busy (I've got to BREATHE and BLINK and WEAR CLOTHES ffs).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 141
While we've got a quiet moment, if you're interested I have completed part of the onion police investigation into Jack's activities. Unfortunately we can't yet hold her to account for all her crimes because it's a very time consuming process and I'm busy (I've got to BREATHE and BLINK and WEAR CLOTHES ffs).

Can't wait for the album to drop ❤🧅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Omg, I've had to have a break from watching because I'm coughing/laughing/weeing at the lyrics! You tried to kill a man with stuffing in a soup.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Oh my god my sides ache!
I’ll say this for the Pet Slop Bot album, it’s all killer, no filler

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Bravo @traumatised sideboard, bravo!
Would I be allowed to have the onion police as my avatar? I feel they need celebrating

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
What's more full of bollocks? Jack or them sausages? Shes a walking/or not depending on the day/ailment contradiction. How anyone can take her seriously is a mystery. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when her family read the latest chapter in the jack poverty shitshow book of bullshit
Hold on, whaattttt? Overheard? Are you an ex friend of Jackie’s? The tea must be spilled, forthwith! 🙏🏻
No, not a friend but work in the same industry. Don't want to reveal who I am tbh. There are a few of us who are very cynical about her claims to poverty, her ability to cook, all the 'illnesses'.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 98

I’m howling and clawing over spending the rest of your natural life in onion prison 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I've had such a tit day but now I can't breathe for laughing. Actually snorted at ~granular solo ~

Chop chop it's the onion police......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I swear she lives in a fantasy world. Everything is exaggerated or a complete fabrication.

Omfg I’m sure someone has said this but...the same people as met her hanging about with her Dad at 7:

1. Thought of her as “the cook” (at 7. Long before she was the slop-slinger in chief)
2. Were still there to remember her
3. Epaulettes??

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@Astromum come on spill the tea!
another bit of gossip: speaking to someone at an event about how she learned to cook, Jack said she went to Waterstones and bought 25 cookbooks. This was when she was supposed to be poor. I think she is always in financial trouble because she simply can't handle money or budget properly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.