Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And likely the Heimlich manoeuvre.

PS How much is a ‘fuckton’ exactly? I just need to know how much butter she’ll say she cant afford.
A fuckton is a maverick method that combines fractions and Pythagoras but most people, who don't use it on a daily basis do not give a duck about.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
For maximum effect, I'd say about two dessert spoons' worth/three quarters of an ounce on the surface. Cold/solid. They are particularly small (and dense, so very, very dense) slices there. Could probably get a similar effect with KY jelly. If that's vegan. Or Castrol GTX. Shouldn't affect the taste much - lubricant is lubricant, after all.
Thanks so much. I have a glut of equine jizzle at the moment (haven’t been in a lasagne mood recently due to a swollen jaw and the fact that my lasagne tends to be dry as duck and really chewy) - can I substitute with that?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
View attachment 422529
*This annoyed me to the point I've had to cockify the squiggle.
Did they just make up ‘foodograph’ as a word? I bet she starts using it now 🤮

Saturday Spot the Difference Competition:
View attachment 422567View attachment 422570

Honestly, the palpable relief that she’s tweeting shite again is almost too much.

View attachment 422595Yeah, we all are, sunshine, but probably in different ways.
Is she trying to channel her NI heritage and make wheaten bread.... except hers looks tough as old boots.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Did they just make up ‘foodograph’ as a word? I bet she starts using it now 🤮

Is she trying to channel her NI heritage and make wheaten bread.... except hers looks tough as old boots.
That ain’t wheaten bread like ever lived before.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What the squiggle asks:
5C1A76C3-E7F1-400E-B41B-966D93195BC3.jpeg

The actual question that gets answered:
89704BF5-929B-43E5-A8EA-4BD3BF3AA315.jpeg

And of course, a ‘fuckton’ of curry powder is the order of the day. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
I must admit I occasionally draw a spurting cock and balls on random things at work. anon naturally. not proper vandalism just stuff that will be recycled anyway.
My husband is the same!
At least you only scribble it on random things at work anonymously and not all over a teddy bear st valentine's day card :oops:🐻!
Needless to say he will not be getting one (or the other!) this year! 😘

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Marmalade? In tinned chicken & white sauce, with curry powder?
She's lost her bleeping mind...I can't breathe. Actually crying here🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 82
bleeping sheep. I think some people just like thinking they are talking with celebs. no matter what the content. i am surprised someone hasn't asked about the way to hang bog roll.
Oi, unfair to sheep! ;)

@SweetTransvestite - that cockified squiggle was a work of artistic genius.

Totally here for the Ronnie O'Sullivan love, I adore him. My ex-boyfriend (who's from Southend, coincidentally) used to do a lot of the video copying for Ronnie's dad's shop in Soho. I never got to meet him though :(

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Why the duck is that top left photo worthy of a place in a book or as part of a campaign?
Hang on. So all this frantic recipe testing was for “the client” (Del Monte I assume) and not for the book?
That book is never going to see the light of day, is it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I like prunes, and we often have them here in stew. I didn't even realise you could get tinned prunes until Jack started posting about them, and I don't want to try them in bread, ice cream, or anything else she comes up with. 🤢🤢🤢

BTW from a friend I sent Jack's "Catalan-style stew" to - she is horrified by the thought of "stew with tinned sardines" which sounds even worse every time I say it.

20210206_204205.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
found it! she is so bleeping embarrassing i can't bear it sometimes

View attachment 422568
Why not either say nothing, or "thank you for taking the time to make a comment. I'm sorry some of my recent stuff hasn't quite been up your street. I have a couple e of recipes for X and Y planned that I really hope you will enjoy."

Not to triangulate myself but I am setting up a new business (fancy) and mentioned to lovely friend who is doing all our design work, not to take criticism to heart. Unless they are sweary or rude we will be completely polite to everyone who interaxts with us, no matter what. It's professional, innit.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.