Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's odd to me but when I worked with high net worth people there were always little gifts here and there to make things run more smoothly. I have a small online business and yesterday a customer asked if there was a way to send me some extra money for a nice bottle of wine to thank me for quick turnaround - I price quite competitively and I am guessing this customer is better off than my core mid-20s customer base, for some people it's just how you do business.

I said that it was a lovely thought but the best reward is a nice review and repeat custom, which I hope wasn't rude - such a minefield. I feel awkward with the whole online tipping culture/gifting culture especially with the advent of things like Only Fans but I get that a lot of people want to reward good service or entertaining chat or ladies showing them their feet on the internet with a few quid, especially when there's very little else going on at the moment.

Some people are givers and it's what makes them feel good. Of course it's problematic when the people who are giving can least afford it and the people receiving it are on the grift. Having said that, I have a friend who is an activist and campaigner and does have a PayPal link for donations, it mostly goes on web hosting and essential IT equipment e.g. when her laptop eventually dies she'll have enough for a new one, not Apple watches, but it also frees up her time a bit so she can present well-researched arguments, contribute to academic books etc I know she's genuine, but anyone who supports her and doesn't know her is essentially taking a massive gamble. I do think it's another area of the internet instagram YouTuber spectrum that needs regulation (and dare I say taxation).
This is true. Where I like it’s a status thing to ogive crazy gifts. I taught 20 years in the UK and would sometimes get a card or Easter egg, nobody gave us stuff when it was tricky to pay the mortgage as I was working part time and both kids were in nursery. Mainly as parents and kids were broke too. Nowadays I get gifted stuff all the time. A parent from work bought me (and another staff member) an iPad, I often get wine, chocolate, and candles that cost more than the £20 sho
Nearly a month. The Xmas covid and attempted long covid is the last malaise, unless we count the weird gland chin thing that occurred the other day when SB didn’t face tune her. Total lack of Jaccidents, I suspect BB is there

🥕 he gaslights me I type covid and he changes it to civic.
+earache on deadline day.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Why the duck is that top left worthy of a photo in a book?.
I would guess its a tea bread type thing for the Del Monte collab. Poss with prunes. I cannot figure out what kind of fruit she could get into photo 4.

Reactions: 25
Maybe the 3000 words is a tribute to Captain Tom.... she doesn’t seem to have mentioned him yet

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I thought it was a hazelnut. But you rub the skin off and toast them if you’re putting them in a salad surely?

• Haha
Quarter of a Linda McCartney sausage gone rogue?
Hahaha.

my favourite part of the Linda McCartney debacle was someone commenting to say the dumplings looked nice and I think theywere serious!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Maybe the 3000 words is a tribute to Captain Tom.... she doesn’t seem to have mentioned him yet
“I, like, Captain Sir Tom Moore, am military round the edges. I didn’t serve in Burma during World War Two, as a tattooed lesbian this would have been perniciously tantamount to treason, and anyway, the Recruiting Officer turned down my request to change my wardrobe saying “Good lord, pantaloons on a filly? Balderdash!”

I think, had he lived, Captain Sir Tom Moore (RIP, Viv) would have loved my maverick take on a Burmese Biryani, in which I substitute the rice for the shredded Lino from my kitchen floor and lasciviously combine it with the dark art of Mel Donte prune juice and a dead pigeon glove, found wounded on a paddy field in deepest, darkest Southend”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
I've looked at all those photos in full on Twitter on a decent-sized computer monitor and I still don't know what the duck they are. Like the first one is quite obviously some sort of shrivelled bread with grease applied but what's in the second one? There's raw hazelnuts with skin on (definitely not a snail 😂), spring onions and cress, are those potatoes and grapes? There's a single piece of caramelised something. Third picture it's a complete mystery what's under the pineapple. Could be some kind of cooking bacon monstrosity, sitting in a watery turmeric oil slick. Fourth picture looks like mixed nuts in Marmite on a mashed potato mountain à la Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Less an amuse bouche, more like a confuse bouche.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
apparently, the last pic is prune and treacle ice cream, covered in what looks like the chestnut/onion emoji I discovered yesterday 🌰

yick 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I thought it was a hazelnut. But you rub the skin off and toast them if you’re putting them in a salad surely?
It is a hazelnut and yes, you just bung them in, untoasted, just like ONION and garlic that go straight into cold oil.

• Haha
  • Wow
I also have to say that ugly stick-in-the-food cutlery made it into the pic again. Where does she get the crap from? Yes, her drawer, I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.