Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Edit: so she claims that she has a few extra hairs on her chin that will never go away. Has she not heard of electrolysis? Everything is so dramatic with her.
Chin?

More like your whole face when you hit 35.

Electrolysis hasn’t touched mine so the tweezers are out every time I pass a mirror few weeks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
@People-huv-tae-know
After reading the MN thread yesterday, I would suggest that Jack themselves struggles with who they are.
I honestly can’t comment on if they are non binary or trans and nor should I. But I can post a few ss that may enlighten.
I'm not an expert, just an observer through having supported my relative. I did attend appointments with them and acted as moral support throughout the whole process so I do feel I have more of an insight than the average person.
What I will say is that there is a difference between the NHS and private consultants. The NHS play it by the book and have various hoops to jump through this making the process longer and more thorough. The private doctors fastrack things and prioritise your case of you're paying for the privilege.

I agree that Jack has identity issues on many levels. I don't think she was truly trans but perhaps is gender fluid. Obviously it's not my place to comment (says she blethering on a gossip site) but Jack puts everything out there and misrepresents so many of the causes she claims to support. As we know she often does more damage than good. Her flakiness and bullying tactics when she adopts a new bandwagon play into the stereotypes that others are trying to dispel.
I have made my relative aware of Jack and they are not impressed to say the least. There are a lot of bandwagon jumpers unfortunately.

Going back to primary school, was it common for the word gay to be used as an insult? It was at both my schools. I think it started out as another word for lame in the US vernacular but by high school it was used in a homophobic way 🙁 I hope that has changed now, certainly my SB has not mentioned anything and he is quite good about calling out inappropriate behaviour when he recognises it.

Also did we know Jack had an allegedly bad heart?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I got as far as the second Diva article and...she's recently taken up knitting?

But...these articles are from yeeeeears ago, and she learned to knit last month?

I understand inventing interesting stories if your life is that dull, but why lie about absolutely bleeping everything?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
JAck seems to think the Home Office pop over from Croydon to prepare the meals.
Do you think she thinks they're all up in her niche? She's the only one allowed to produce cheap inedible slop for poor people.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm not an expert, just an observer through having supported my relative. I did attend appointments with them and acted as moral support throughout the whole process so I do feel I have more of an insight than the average person.
What I will say is that there is a difference between the NHS and private consultants. The NHS play it by the book and have various hoops to jump through this making the process longer and more thorough. The private doctors fastrack things and prioritise your case of you're paying for the privilege.

I agree that Jack has identity issues on many levels. I don't think she was truly trans but perhaps is gender fluid. Obviously it's not my place to comment (says she blethering on a gossip site) but Jack puts everything out there and misrepresents so many of the causes she claims to support. As we know she often does more damage than good. Her flakiness and bullying tactics when she adopts a new bandwagon play into the stereotypes that others are trying to dispel.
I have made my relative aware of Jack and they are not impressed to say the least. There are a lot of bandwagon jumpers unfortunately.

Going back to primary school, was it common for the word gay to be used as an insult? It was at both my schools. I think it started out as another word for lame in the US vernacular but by high school it was used in a homophobic way 🙁 I hope that has changed now, certainly my SB has not mentioned anything and he is quite good about calling out inappropriate behaviour when he recognises it.

Yep, heart attack and heart problems are already there .
Children can just pick up awful things from others without knowing the full impact of their words. When I was at primary school we used to pull our arms inside our jumpers and play being 'flids', we weren't really mocking thalidomide sufferers, we were just daft little shits copying each other.

Reactions: 36

Gay was definitely used as an insult when I was at primary (early 90's) and so was the word ******* and that thing when you would smack yourself on the chin at the same time as saying 'duhhhh'. I don't think I even knew what gay or ******* meant if I am honest and the word gay was used as 'lame', like you say. My daughter is at primary now and as far as I am aware they don't use those words as insults anymore. I really hope not anyway. My daughter knows what gay means but I have always normalised same sex relationships so can't imagine why she would even consider it as an insult?

Reactions: 34
Bandwagon jumping ; completed it mate.
Bandwagon jumping; Southend’s first and finest.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
What generation immigrant does she reckon she is?
Does she mean second gen coz her dad was first, and grandfather (the immigrant) isn’t counted? Because it seems it’s only her grandad that’s not from the UK originally.
Her mother is from the UK. If I went to live in Belfast I wouldn’t call it emigrating.

Reactions: 21
Have you tried IPL?
I’m obsessed with removing them. The problem is that by plucking them, the next pointy ended bristle is ingrown. I was told to use a little bit of salicylic acid in the days before it comes up. Lifechanging. Notice it coming, acid, next day it just hoofs right out, no bother.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Going back to this, one of forensic fraus identified her pyjamas as the source of the floffle, but I am gobsmacked that she has attempted to pass it off as an original, by her son, to the robot people, why would you do that?
I am possibly in a minority on this but I do think SB drew it and it’s not an exact copy (the tail is different on SBs) so I think Jack was probably so busy making up the clearly bullshit floofle backstory that she didn’t notice the resemblance.

Reactions: 20
Chin?

More like your whole face when you hit 35.

Electrolysis hasn’t touched mine so the tweezers are out every time I pass a mirror few weeks.
I have electrolysis, unfortunately most of them have tit technique. If the hair is plucked at all, they simply haven't killed the hair, and most of them pluck. You should feel no plucking at all. One electrologist told me that they have seriously downgraded the training to become one. I've had the best success choosing a practitioner who has done it for more than 20 years.

Also, the hair has to be zapped when it's actively growing, and it has to be zapped twice (after it has grown back from the first time). So it takes a long time, even if the electrologist is competent.

I had dozens of black pubes circling my nipples, and now only have one left, so it does work.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What generation immigrant does she reckon she is?
Does she mean second gen coz her dad was first, and grandfather (the immigrant) isn’t counted? Because it seems it’s only her grandad that’s not from the UK originally.
Her mother is from the UK. If I went to live in Belfast I wouldn’t call it emigrating.
She's third gen (maybe even fourth? Her Grandad may have been born here but not 100%) on her Dad's side and second gen Northern Irish immigrant on her Mum's. Obviously Northern Island is part of the UK and I think her family are Unionist too but that's all I will comment on with respect to those politics as I don't know near enough to make any statements.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.