Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooooh! Allegra and her very cluttered kitchen on BBC Breakfast right now! She really comes across as very personable and a good communicator.
I like Allegra , she did a cooking show a few years ago about making food stretch further but it didn’t last long iirc.

Reactions: 22
It still blows me away how different she looks in every single article or photo. She is a year younger than me 🔺and I know I'm pretty boring, but I find it quite staggering how many different looks or images she cycles through. Often she's radically changed up her look in a relatively short space of time. Each to their own and all that but literally everytime someone shares a new article I think "she looks different here again!".

Reactions: 36
My daughter called me by my first name a lot before she started school because that's what she heard other people calling me - husband refused to refer to me as mummy because his mum had a massive tantrum over him using that word in the general direction of someone other than her.
(And they wonder why I'm on a thread about the queen of the narcs...)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
My kids call me Mum, and a lot of teenagers at work have accidently too over the years, they used to be mortified when I was younger and cooler. My younger daughter once loved her Year 2 teacher so much she used to call me Miss Lewis by accident. My older daughter once called her male class teacher grandma. SB mixing up names is probably still a lie though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Omg that 'Say my Name' one. Poor little boy. He calls her Melissa and they both 'cry hard' and he is ashamed. She then says 'I forgave him'. The child is 5. She is showing him dead naming is trolling. The child is 5. Imagine even saying of your 5 year old 'I forgave him' as if it was bleeping optional and she is so magnanimous.
Those columns really show her up for the self absorbed, tedious and quite unpleasant individual she really is.
The whole thing is so fucked up. I'm very good friends with a woman whose wife transitioned when their kids were little. There was none of this nonsense. Both adults made the children their priority. Kids have the right to ask questions and use language that they are familiar and comfortable with when one of their parents goes through a big change. There is nothing wrong with that! There is nothing to forgive!

I don't believe a word in those columns. They don't ring true in the slightest. My son was about the same age when one of his closest friend's mum became a dad. There were surprisingly few questions, but the ones that arose did not involve the word '******' or wild speculation about genitalia. But even if he had asked about whether X's mum now has a penis and not a vagina, well, I think it's a normal question to ask from a child, given that their reference point is 'boys have a penis, girls have a vagina*.

*Frauen, please don't come at me with vulva talk, ok? I'm in my 40s. It's all vagina to me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I like Allegra , she did a cooking show a few years ago about making food stretch further but it didn’t last long iirc.
I saw a couple of them and whilst I'm sure the recipes were great, when it came down to things like 'spend £60 on a beef joint so you have leftovers for other meals', it was so far outside what I could justify, I didn't watch again.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Those Diva articles are something else.

I’m now convinced she plucks an ‘outrage of the day’ from a salad spinner when she sits down at the keyboard to start her writing day.

She also writes Southend as if it’s a hick town in the Deep South in the early 60s.

An ex boss who is now a good friend of mine was a Labour Party activist and out lesbian in Southend before Jack was even born. Simply put, she’s nowt special and people have (generally) seen it all before (especially when it’s just an undercut and a few tattoos).

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Does anyone know where @Alansbigplate is? I feel like we need some Jack/Strictly reface action right about now. Please do her as Len Goodman 🙏🏻 Or Bruno when he's going off on one.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Omg that 'Say my Name' one. Poor little boy. He calls her Melissa and they both 'cry hard' and he is ashamed. She then says 'I forgave him'. The child is 5. She is showing him dead naming is trolling. The child is 5. Imagine even saying of your 5 year old 'I forgave him' as if it was bleeping optional and she is so magnanimous.
Those columns really show her up for the self absorbed, tedious and quite unpleasant individual she really is.
If that genuinely happened, then it’s horribly abusive. Same for insisting he called her “Mamapapa” instead of “Mama” 🤢 It’s such a bewildering thing to do to a five year old. What a horrible narc.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Did we really only get one mention of The Earache today? It's like even she realised after the fact what a crappy, low-effort excuse it was. Probably still didn't stop her trying to wangle another deadline extension with it though.

View attachment 414415

My favourite part of the whole thing is her apparently giving SB that extended Wikipedia entry explanation on UNICEF statistics...when he was 5.
to be fair I have been known to over explain stuff to my kids. Note to self when a toddler wants to know how the radio works they don't have a burning desire to understand the similarities between radio and light waves

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Of course no proof. It doesn’t even make sense. People being in unstable housing can of course cause a lot of moves, but 18 moves in six years is ridiculous. From all the interviews during/after The Poverty™️ It adds up to about 5-6. She caused two of those moves by moving her young son straight in with Allegra after the first date. She then obviously needed a whole new place after leaving. Although maybe a certain tea giving Essex Girl can verify?
I’ve been counting and I think it’s 10 moves since 2009. Could be 11 but I don’t have any more fingers:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I saw a couple of them and whilst I'm sure the recipes were great, when it came down to things like 'spend £60 on a beef joint so you have leftovers for other meals', it was so far outside what I could justify, I didn't watch again.
That’s the one , she talked about buying a big piece of salmon and creating gravlax with leftovers or something similar , I enjoyed it but it was a little unrealistic to say the least.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I've been thinking about all her train tales and have now decided that I do believe that people stare angrily at her while she drones on. Imagine being a commuter and being subjected to her adenoidal, cat-scratching-a-chalkboard Janet Street Porter voice every single day banging on about the time she went to Tanzania to her primary school aged son. I would probably quit my job.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I’ve been counting and I think it’s 10 moves since 2009. Could be 11 but I don’t have any more fingers:ROFLMAO:
Ooh! Did everyone in her family/friendship group strongly advise against it, when she announced she was moving in with Allegra after four days? Or was there no talking to her?

Reactions: 24
He was. He started Reception in London alongside Allegra’s daughter (they were the same age) and when when Jack and Allegra broke up they came back to Southend. SB was given a place at a school in Basildon, hence having to commute to school on the train. Then when a local school place was available he would have moved schools again. This all would have been before Junior school age (year 3) I’m guessing.
The school was near his dad’s house. Take from that what you will.

I agree, I think she is a terrible mother. I had a narc mother. It sent a chill through me when @essexgirl101 said her son was very very quiet. 🙁

PS Where is @essexgirl101? Witness protection?
I’m here! Have been waiting for essexboy101 to go to work so I could get back on without his disapproving face glaring at me 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.