Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes if you ever get the twinge or guilt, remember the boundary testing and the flexing of the last few days- retweeting the (monetized? Am not sure) sexy kitten video and then the Nazi poster chaos.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
This is quite spectacularly tone deaf.

Two of my work friends have disabilities: one is a wheelchair user and the other has a visual impairment. A couple of years ago they organised a day with various academics, artists and activists and included activities which sort of ‘placed’ and made very real the accessibility issues they face daily (e.g. group guided walks around unfamiliar buildings where we had to close our eyes, etc).

Putting aside how much emotional labour is always required from marginalised groups to articulate their lived experience in order to receive the most basic empathy, accessibility in this country and even in supposed equality champion workplaces is absolutely abysmal. Every single day these smart, accomplished people face dozens of ostensibly small, but significant, barriers to accessing information and support needed to do their jobs: building designs which require lift users to traverse an entire horseshoe shaped building to go up one floor, scanned articles flummoxing screenreader programmes, lines of sight or accessible entrances blocked by temporary erections (lol sorry 🍆) etc etc etc it’s endless. And other than to occasionally vent as anyone would, and spend their own time and energy educating the rest of us, these things don’t interfere with the quality of their work or research. People with disabilities have to work thrice as hard to overcome these barriers constantly thrown into their paths.

Jack, bleeping Jack, is able bodied, self-diagnosed ASD and doctor-shopped for ADHD meds. This in no way precludes her from achieving anything she wants or needs to. Apart from giving her an excuse to be unspeakably rude to people online, it hasn’t stopped her getting book deals, newspaper columns, TV gigs or corporate sponsorship. Where, other than the supposed arthritis which conveniently flares up when she is under scrutiny, is her life or lifestyle really hindered? If anything she uses her neurodivergence as an excuse to do even less work.

I say this as a certified neuro-atypical myself: the wheelchair emoji isn’t for us, Jack. Stop play acting and enjoy your relative health and good fortune while you’re young. Get help for your personality disorder. Take accountability.
She's had so many opportunities to be a more compassionate person, and use her supposed 'disabilities'/conditions to advocate for better mental health care and awareness. It's actually pathetic at this point that she's just adding labels to the pile instead of doing anything meaningful, and downright insulting to people who get very little from actually dealing with the issues she claims to have. Safe to say I've started to properly dislike her over this last week. The fact she continues to have support and media appearances is an absolute waste of time-slots and money that deserves to be in the hands of someone vastly more competent and professional.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
yep, I occasionally feel a bit sorry for her, then I remember the kitten, the appropriation of numerous identities, the complete fabrication of "origin story", the constant tipjar rattling while living in a massive house full of luxury goods, the whole "SB did x y and z for me" etc et bleeping cetera

not to mention the massive list of jobs left undone taking up *so much* space in my notes app 🙃

now, give us the orzo video!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Why do people buy tit they don't know how to use?

I don't get it. I only buy food I can use or if someone gifts me something random, I tend to use Google ask a family member to would know.

I couldn't imagine going the shop and buying something and then bringing it home and declaring here is the food now what the duck do I do with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
These are the people who have to be told NOT to take the toaster in the bath with them.
The sort of person that 'serving suggestions' that show an open tin of corned beef on a plate with a slice of tomato next to it were invented for

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
In case anybody gets a twinge of guilt about criticising Jack (does anyone anymore?) then just remember that she has deleted an anti-Semitic ‘quip’ without dialogue/apology, and yet has taken the time to put symbols of oppressed/marginalised groups in her bio. In case anyone pulls her up on last nights disgusting behaviour. She’s no innocent pixie, she’s more calculating and conniving than anyone I’ve ever come across.
I needed to hear this, thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Sometimes I feel sorry for her. I have put my foot in it loads of times. Usually drunk, stupid, ignorant rather than being malicious. And I would hate to be lambasted for innocent mistakes. But, I don't put my every thought, photo, intetaction, past, future plans and present on social media.

She invites criticism by a) broadcasting her opinions constantly and b) acting holier than thou. She is desperate to be more "woke" than anyone else. And lying... Constant lying will not help.

I have been in therapy for 3 months and I can guarantee either Jack has had none, or isn't engaging with it. My therapy has been about it honest self assessment, challenge, growth.
Sorry. Rambling but essentially I do feel sorry for then I remember its all a choice. Everything is a choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
She's had so many opportunities to be a more compassionate person, and use her supposed 'disabilities'/conditions to advocate for better mental health care and awareness. It's actually pathetic at this point that she's just adding labels to the pile instead of doing anything meaningful, and downright insulting to people who get very little from actually dealing with the issues she claims to have. Safe to say I've started to properly dislike her over this last week. The fact she continues to have support and media appearances is an absolute waste of time-slots and money that deserves to be in the hands of someone vastly more competent and professional.
She simply seems to have no compassion and she is never wrong or apologises. This behaviour is really hitting home for me at the moment as I'm seeing the same in a close family member (remotely - not someone I live with). Obviously, they've always been like this but when it's someone close you do make excuses and try to pretend to yourself. This last year has made me face up to it though - both liberating and heartbreaking in equal measure. Jack's followers don't know her personally but there's the hero worship and adulation that comes with social media. Until something breaks through that shell they will continue to see her as she sees herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The sort of person that 'serving suggestions' that show an open tin of corned beef on a plate with a slice of tomato next to it were invented for
Or 2 weetabix in a bowl with milk.
That pic on the side of the box actually says 'serving suggestion' for those kind of people.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I thought I was going to log in this evening to major chaos yet I’m caught up already.
I was a good Frau today and made all my deadlines by staying off tattle all day.
Has anyone else got any top tips they could share for meeting deadlines?
I’m crowdsourcing for my next book and you can pay a nominal fee into my Patreon for me to use your tips.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I feel sorry for Roadside Mum (not that she requires pity - I don't mean that), but she was well and truly hoodwinked by Jack. And she trusted her. Jack swooped in and scooped up the exciting shiney (paid) bits of the campaign like a magpie. We all sat here knowing full well her interest was beyond superficial and greedy and fleeting. She has form. Now she has dropped the whole thing because presumably paid offers around it have dried up. Such a charlatan.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I mean, absolutely everyone has done regretful things.

it's how you deal with it and move on that counts.

Jack just doesn't learn from anything. or she does but doubles down on the lies. the whole, "yeah I duck up but that's cos I'm autistic/have adhd so you can't be critical" line is just so offensive

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Has the Linda McCartney Veganuary partnership ended early? 🤔 No post so far.
Yes, I noticed that too. No new posts since 27th.

I’m very interested to see what the PR team at Linda McCartney decide to say about this fiasco, especially considering Veganuary’s published statement regarding Jack.

Reactions: 37
I feel sorry for Roadside Mum (not that she requires pity - I don't mean that), but she was well and truly hoodwinked by Jack. And she trusted her. Jack swooped in and scooped up the exciting shiney (paid) bits of the campaign like a magpie. We all sat here knowing full well her interest was beyond superficial and greedy and fleeting. She has form. Now she has dropped the whole thing because presumably paid offers around it have dried up. Such a charlatan.
I’m new here and I’ve had my concerns about JM for a long time (way back to when the two guinea pigs mysteriously died.) When the FSM debate kicked off, I saw a squiggle on twitter gently warn RM about being involved with JM, which was met with serious hostility from lots of people. There’s usually no smoke without fire and it reminded me to look her up again and I found the wiki here. Turns out my spidey senses were correct. How does she get away with it? 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Or 2 weetabix in a bowl with milk.
That pic on the side of the box actually says 'serving suggestion' for those kind of people.
The box that my fake Christmas tree came in had a photo of said tree (once pieced together and erect) with lovely, boxy presents all around the bottom of it, your typical Xmas tree set up, if you will. Also on the box were the words: ‘product does not include presents’. There was me expecting them to fall out, wrapped in gold paper and ribbons after I slid the tree out in 8 pieces. Silly old bollock sausage!

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.