Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God can She ( sorry THEY) get any worse?? It’s not “cool” or “trendy” to be disabled, quite a few people in my family have life life limiting disability’s and it makes me so sad to see them in pain especially my dad who who is almost a different person now in some ways. But anything for her to be the victim am I right?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Where the duck is the orzo, Linda? My weekend won't officially start until the viggles are let loose.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Download the app lightroom it's free that's what influencers use
Thanks for this! Brilliant suggestion, I've just been looking it up, and found a tutorial on youtube.

There are literally channels dedicated to the art of food photography. Jack could so easily learn to do it properly if she wanted to.

Thank you also to the posters earlier who gave me helpful suggestions for period pain x

Reactions: 31
Frau @Veronicaaa busted her. It's all in thread #74 should anyone fancy a read 🙂
I read about everyone's disgust with the fake laugh and yet I still had to go and hear it for myself. Full body shudder. Terrible. How is it something to boast about when you're giving your son the scrappy bits of cooking bacon? Subtext: my child is not even worth a full rasher of bacon. You can duck off immediately with your egg and all. Is she trolling the vegans or is she genuinely that witless?

My favourite lies are the ones about her acquisitions of high-end possessions which never involve her paying full price for something e.g. the antique chair she walked home over several miles, the sofa the company accidentally delivered and told her she could keep for free and the gifted William Morris curtains that somehow perfectly fit the window they were put up across.
what in the name of holy funk is ‘cooking bacon’?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I wanted to clarify on my previous post where I said I helped run a Patreon since I got a few 😲 responses that made me worried! We have about 1000 members in a relatively niche community and people can opt to give as little as £1 on the Patreon and 100% of that money goes into buying prizes for contests and giveaways we do - we cover 100% of the fees on Patreon and paypal so all of that donated money is given away back into the group and it's all public what's given and how it is spent. It's entirely optional and Patrons get some minor cosmetic perks like their username in a colour of their choice.

IMO this is how a Patreon should really be run - it shouldn't be a secret how much you're making or what you're doing with that money. If you are asking people to give for little or nothing in return, the least you can do is be open about how much is made and where that money is going.

OT but I wanted to clear that up because it was eating at me! 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
Looks like she's 'quietly' DM'd the most offended of the squiggles to apologise rather than the public apology that should have been. Sneaky bastard.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Yes, I noticed that too. No new posts since 27th.

I’m very interested to see what the PR team at Linda McCartney decide to say about this fiasco, especially considering Veganuary’s published statement regarding Jack.
If they choose not to say anything then they will be complicit in helping to brush Jack's misdemeanors (for want of a better word) under the rug. And that in itself might help to delay Jack's career demise or it has the opposite effect and hastens it because the viggles are not going to stand for that.

Reactions: 37
To be fair this was probably a Jack apology, which to the untrained eye looks like a normal apology but very much ISN'T.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Oooooofff, I’m getting dizzy from keeping up with the latest. Jack really is an Unt who never apologises and never seems to ‘face the music’ either. Like I said the other day, Jack is like a cat with multiple lives. I do not feel Jack is capable of feeling any shame.

Reactions: 30
I can’t be the only one wondering why there are so many people wandering around with only one glove
I have a very large collection of single socks. Perhaps they all escape into puddles hoping to be mistaken for bubery scarves or pigeons

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I can’t be the only one wondering why there are so many people wandering around with only one glove
Perhaps it's a conspiracy linked to covid and 5g?!

In order to be immune to both you need only a singular glove.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I wanted to clarify on my previous post where I said I helped run a Patreon since I got a few 😲 responses that made me worried! We have about 1000 members in a relatively niche community and people can opt to give as little as £1 on the Patreon and 100% of that money goes into buying prizes for contests and giveaways we do - we cover 100% of the fees on Patreon and paypal so all of that donated money is given away back into the group and it's all public what's given and how it is spent. It's entirely optional and Patrons get some minor cosmetic perks like their username in a colour of their choice.

IMO this is how a Patreon should really be run - it shouldn't be a secret how much you're making or what you're doing with that money. If you are asking people to give for little or nothing in return, the least you can do is be open about how much is made and where that money is going.

OT but I wanted to clear that up because it was eating at me! 😂
Slightly OT - apologies. I think Patreon sites are a bit misunderstood by their very nature. A friend of mine does hours and hours of work transcribing old Scottish history records and has (self)published books that attracted a lot of interest. It took months to convince her to set up a Patreon site to at least cover the publishing costs. Finally, she has one and every contributor gets a hardback book of her latest work and regular updates besides. She was sooooo wary of being seen as a grifter and resisted Patreon for so long - but at least now isn’t out of pocket as the stuff she publishes is fascinating. In contrast, I’m unclear what jack’s patrons actually gain, other than the pleasure of financially supporting (to pay a mortgage deposit) a disabled, non-binary non-chef who is actually autistic with severe ADHD that used a food bank ten years ago, with a penchant for non-branded tins unless said branded tin organisation makes a charity donation of 50p/child for lunch AND wraparound support. Peaches, anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.