Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is quite spectacularly tone deaf.

Two of my work friends have disabilities: one is a wheelchair user and the other has a visual impairment. A couple of years ago they organised a day with various academics, artists and activists and included activities which sort of ‘placed’ and made very real the accessibility issues they face daily (e.g. group guided walks around unfamiliar buildings where we had to close our eyes, etc).

Putting aside how much emotional labour is always required from marginalised groups to articulate their lived experience in order to receive the most basic empathy, accessibility in this country and even in supposed equality champion workplaces is absolutely abysmal. Every single day these smart, accomplished people face dozens of ostensibly small, but significant, barriers to accessing information and support needed to do their jobs: building designs which require lift users to traverse an entire horseshoe shaped building to go up one floor, scanned articles flummoxing screenreader programmes, lines of sight or accessible entrances blocked by temporary erections (lol sorry 🍆) etc etc etc it’s endless. And other than to occasionally vent as anyone would, and spend their own time and energy educating the rest of us, these things don’t interfere with the quality of their work or research. People with disabilities have to work thrice as hard to overcome these barriers constantly thrown into their paths.

Jack, bleeping Jack, is able bodied, self-diagnosed ASD and doctor-shopped for ADHD meds. This in no way precludes her from achieving anything she wants or needs to. Apart from giving her an excuse to be unspeakably rude to people online, it hasn’t stopped her getting book deals, newspaper columns, TV gigs or corporate sponsorship. Where, other than the supposed arthritis which conveniently flares up when she is under scrutiny, is her life or lifestyle really hindered? If anything she uses her neurodivergence as an excuse to do even less work.

I say this as a certified neuro-atypical myself: the wheelchair emoji isn’t for us, Jack. Stop play acting and enjoy your relative health and good fortune while you’re young. Get help for your personality disorder. Take accountability.

• Heart
Reactions: 120
Also it seems her invite to this year's Celebrity Bake Off must have been lost in the post ....bet she's fewmin ..or she completed it mate before they could ask her ...

Also WTF with the horse bollock pasta 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤢🤮
I don't think she would ever agree to go on Bake Off (on the slim chance she would get asked) as there is no place to hide her terrible cooking. With baking it would be so obvious she cannot cook to save her life. I have noticed she never to seems to make any sweet treats or if she does she certainly doesn't show it and I think it's because cannot disguise it as slop.

Reactions: 55
In case anybody gets a twinge of guilt about criticising Jack (does anyone anymore?) then just remember that she has deleted an anti-Semitic ‘quip’ without dialogue/apology, and yet has taken the time to put symbols of oppressed/marginalised groups in her bio. In case anyone pulls her up on last nights disgusting behaviour. She’s no innocent pixie, she’s more calculating and conniving than anyone I’ve ever come across.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 115
Its like she's trying to do lots of super offensive chaoses, so that they all just go unnoticed because there's just too much to unpack

Reactions: 29
It reminds me of the film with Bradley cooper in which he takes sort of performance enhancing drug to help him work in the stock market.

I get real vibes from this film when I read here.

Reactions: 27
I don't think she would ever agree to go on Bake Off (on the slim chance she would get asked) as there is no place to hide her terrible cooking. With baking it would be so obvious she cannot cook to save her life. I have noticed she never to seems to make any sweet treats or if she does she certainly doesn't show it and I think it's because cannot disguise it as slop.
She doesn't eat sugar (lie no. 2365789).

• Haha
Reactions: 39
In case anybody gets a twinge of guilt about criticising Jack (does anyone anymore?) then just remember that she has deleted an anti-Semitic ‘quip’ without dialogue/apology, and yet has taken the time to put symbols of oppressed/marginalised groups in her bio. In case anyone pulls her up on last nights disgusting behaviour. She’s no innocent pixie, she’s more calculating and conniving than anyone I’ve ever come across.
This is her safety net and it works, sadly.
Criticise her trans bandwagon hopping- “TERF!”
Criticise her hands- “RACIST, I’m half Cypriot!” Except when she’s white as mayo to sell........ mayo.
Call her out for general doucheness- “I’m #ActuallyAutistic/physically disabled/SEVERE ADHD!”
Criticise her money spunking ways- “I was POOR! I have PTSD due to the doorbell!
Criticise her tattoos- “WORKING CLASS LESBIAN HATER!” (not saying WC lesbians have those tattoos, most likely have much better taste!)

• Heart
Reactions: 71
That’s odd. Why would they be offering to buy the book with their Amazon vouchers, you’d think they’d actually have a stash of freebie copies they could send.
Not the amazon vouchers squig, Nancy B. Soz, misunderstanding.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Two of my work friends have disabilities: one is a wheelchair user and the other has a visual impairment. A couple of years ago they organised a day with various academics, artists and activists and included activities which sort of ‘placed’ and made very real the accessibility issues they face daily (e.g. group guided walks around unfamiliar buildings where we had to close our eyes, etc).

Putting aside how much emotional labour is always required from marginalised groups to articulate their lived experience in order to receive the most basic empathy, accessibility in this country and even in supposed equality champion workplaces is absolutely abysmal. Every single day these smart, accomplished people face dozens of ostensibly small, but significant, barriers to accessing information and support needed to do their jobs: building designs which require lift users to traverse an entire horseshoe shaped building to go up one floor, scanned articles flummoxing screenreader programmes, lines of sight or accessible entrances blocked by temporary erections (lol sorry 🍆) etc etc etc it’s endless. And other than to occasionally vent as anyone would, and spend their own time and energy educating the rest of us, these things don’t interfere with the quality of their work or research. People with disabilities have to work thrice as hard to overcome these barriers constantly thrown into their paths.

Jack, bleeping Jack, is able bodied, self-diagnosed ASD and doctor-shopped for ADHD meds. This in no way precludes her from achieving anything she wants or needs to. Apart from giving her an excuse to be unspeakably rude to people online, it hasn’t stopped her getting book deals, newspaper columns, TV gigs or corporate sponsorship. Where, other than the supposed arthritis which conveniently flares up when she is under scrutiny, is her life or lifestyle really hindered? If anything she uses her neurodivergence as an excuse to do even less work.

I say this as a certified neuro-atypical myself: the wheelchair emoji isn’t for us, Jack. Stop play acting and enjoy your relative health and good fortune while you’re young. Get help for your personality disorder. Take accountability.
❤ to you HF.
I have disabilities, none of them visible a couple are life limiting.
Even if Jack's health conditions were real, she doesn't need a bleeping wheelchair and using it as part of her disgusting cosplay is vile.
I use the sunflower emoji from time to time but wouldn't have it on SM bio. I would never use a wheelchair emoji because that would be crass and insulting to those who need it.
I have a sunflower lanyard for when I'm out and about, although it has been a good while since I left the house.
I occasionally have mobility issues because long term steroid use hurts your bones. Sometimes I struggle to bend joints, but I would still never use a fecking wheelchair as a symbol of me.
My biggest fears are collapsing (Vagus nerve damage due to stroke) and urgently needing to use the disabled toilet (Ulcerative colitis) Using a wheelchair as a symbol of either of these is just wrong. It also gives credence to the misconception that you can only be disabled if you are in a wheelchair.

Ugh. I need wine ffs

*eta when I say 'steroid use' I mean to treat my autoimmune conditions, not for recreational use!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
Took one week off Tattle (not by choice) and omg, the chaos keeps coming and it won’t stop coming.
That poster tweet was bleeping gross. Please mainstream media I am begging you, read our receipts and publish an exposé - it could even be a 3-part special (more like 5 seasons and a feature length film).

❤ to you HF.
I have disabilities, none of them visible a couple are life limiting.
Even if Jack's health conditions were real, she doesn't need a bleeping wheelchair and using it as part of her disgusting cosplay is vile.
I use the sunflower emoji from time to time but wouldn't have it on SM bio. I would never use a wheelchair emoji because that would be crass and insulting to those who need it.
I have a sunflower lanyard for when I'm out and about, although it has been a good while since I left the house.
I occasionally have mobility issues because long term steroid use hurts your bones. Sometimes I struggle to bend joints, but I would still never use a fecking wheelchair as a symbol of me.
My biggest fears are collapsing (Vagus nerve damage due to stroke) and urgently needing to use the disabled toilet (Ulcerative colitis) Using a wheelchair as a symbol of either of these is just wrong. It also gives credence to the misconception that you can only be disabled if you are in a wheelchair.

Ugh. I need wine ffs
Love to you. I have an ex colleague who’s working on understanding the molecular / genetic basis behind UC. He spent a lot or time with patients to get to know them, their concerns and so on. Just know that there’s good people out there working on a cure and effective treatment ❤

EDIT: a word

• Heart
Reactions: 57
duck me, what an amazing comment. Absolutely spot-on.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Squiggle's popped their head over the parapet on Facebook - now getting piled on by Jackolytes.

IMG_20210129_190103.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
This is her safety net and it works, sadly.
Criticise her trans bandwagon hopping- “TERF!”
Criticise her hands- “RACIST, I’m half Cypriot!” Except when she’s white as mayo to sell........ mayo.
Call her out for general doucheness- “I’m #ActuallyAutistic/physically disabled/SEVERE ADHD!”
Criticise her money spunking ways- “I was POOR! I have PTSD due to the doorbell!
Criticise her tattoos- “WORKING CLASS LESBIAN HATER!” (not saying WC lesbians have those tattoos, most likely have much better taste!)
Absolutely this. She has a label for every occasion and it's how she slithers out of her duck ups all the damn time. Often, leaving the other person feeling bad and profusely apologising. She's been doing it for years. Sly cow she is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

Love this/you 🙌🏻 It’s beyond comprehension that someone who isn’t a wheelchair user would put that in their bio alongside their actual identities, because the implication therefore will be.... they are a wheelchair user too? This is actually sick tit, like thoroughly weirdo territory it’s horror movie Jack outside ur kitchen window at 5am in the morning style. Again.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
That’s odd. Why would they be offering to buy the book with their Amazon vouchers, you’d think they’d actually have a stash of freebie copies they could send.
Think they are two different people, one is the author, the other, a gullible squiggle.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.