Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Headcount? Sounds interesting. Is it to establish ‘active’ members? From the teeny tiny short time I’ve been here and found you guys, it seems to me that more and more people are seeing the reality. The only ‘’bull(ies)’ I’m seeing is from the bull(shitting) JM.
If we have a poll, we can see the total number of people who answer, so it gives us an idea of how many people are here, even if only in a lurking capacity. Some people may not answer the poll of course (and some may be reading but not a registered member), but it gives us a minimum figure at least ☺.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Wait, so did #ThunderClap just disappear like a fart in the night? After all the fuss they made about being the founder of a hashtag, it lasted two weeks? Are they really just ignoring it in order to take fake photos of them and SB ''sleeping''?
WHY does nobody call them on this?
(edit for they/them pronouns, which I think are correct?)

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Using a word like that, which is so closely linked with Nazi Germany, in the week of Holocaust Memorial Day feels immensely poorly judged.

EDIT

In fact, she's got a bleeping nerve using that word so flippantly when she was sending tweets of solidarity in Hebrew to the Jewish community just six or so months ago.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
I am not here for messages in Deutsch aimed at the ultimate volksgemeinschaftthat is the canal of sadhausfraus und herren.
EDIT
I translated it! I didn’t know the history of the word else I wouldn’t have used it, I’ve blurred it

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That tweet‘s gone down like a thunderclap with these squiggles

5AC8885A-A4B3-4A9A-80D9-CCC36F882186.jpeg

edited because I hadn’t fully squiggled the squiggles, sorry

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
I would also like to say that her 'I'm unflinchingly, uncomfortably honest' comment is just another part of her autism cosplay. She read about the tendency towards brutal honesty on Wikipedia and is trying it on for size. What she really means is 'I want an excuse to be rude'. If someone is upset or offended by something I've said without thinking about whether or not it's hurtful, I feel horrible about it and will apologise. I certainly never make any excuses. Being a dick is being a dick innit.

The idea of mythologising every aspect of your life is so completely alien to me when I couldn't even be bothered to lie (or able to do so convincingly) about something mundane like what I had for breakfast let alone my entire childhood or the sudden appearance of luxury goods in my house. Like, why would you expend that much energy on making things up? 🤯 Blows my mind, I don't get it at all.
My mouth has got me into a lot of trouble over the years since I would always just say what i saw as the truth and argue with anyone when I saw things were wrong.

That's partly why I spent a hell of a lot of time learning better communication skills. Not being able to speak out when I disagree or see things as wrong is hard but I've somewhat learned to compromise.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Is she actually bleeping insane using that word?? She’s tipped me over the edge with this. No. No. No, Jack. You bleeping idiot.

I don’t believe for one minute she’s an anti-Semite, so then she should not for one bleeping idiotic minute, use words in completely incorrect context to make some (she thinks) wry or clever remark that conflates Tories and Nazis and whatever the hell it is you think you’re saying here Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
That tweet‘s gone down like a thunderclap with these squiggles

View attachment 408052
I’m with these guys. I find it quite baffling that she’s conflating German Volksgemeinschaft with what is clearly (and now hastily withdrawn) a poorly thought-out, very sexist and frankly old-fashioned visual representation of typical life in 2021. I’m happy to be told I’m wrong (and educated why) but I simply can’t correlate the two things in my head. :/

• Heart
Reactions: 50
It seems that the poster has been withdrawn already (unclear if the massive sexism was the reason) so Jack is as late as ever with the hot take. But some squiggles are saying it has shades of Nazism/gender roles. Most are saying it’s n appropriate to equate a bit of sexism with the Nazi regime.
🥕🥕🥕

Reactions: 38
Jack does not fail to disappoint with their full moon nonsense.

How do they consistently go lower than I thought they could go?

Reactions: 29
I’m with these guys. I find it quite baffling that she’s conflating German Volksgemeinschaft with what is clearly (and now hastily withdrawn) a poorly thought-out, very sexist and frankly old-fashioned visual representation of typical life in 2021. I’m happy to be told I’m wrong (and educated why) but I simply can’t correlate the two things in my head. :/
I don’t think you’re wrong at all.

These two things are very different kinds of fuckery. The poster, very wrong, sexist bullshit that needed addressing and changing. Everyone lifted their voices and said “this is sexist bullshit” and it was removed. As inept and despicable as Boris and co are, those of us in the UK as of 2021 are in a position where our voices are heard fairly often. We’re living in a society now that, despite being a shambles, sees a footballer humbling the Prime Minister. We have the right to have a go, to scream and stomp about what is right and wrong without fear of repercussions. For the most part.

For Jack to compare the idiot Tories to the Nazis (and their propaganda surrounding the Holocaust), during Holocaust memorial week, is just sickening.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Is it naughty that I’m glad she’s said goodnight? It gives more people time to see her hugely bizarre tweet. I imagine any Jewish readers will be stunned by her ignorance.

Visiting Auschwitz had a huge impact on me. As a visitor! What a bloody nerve I’ve got. My Polish heritage made me so sensitive but it’s an experience I think everyone should have. Humans have a lot to answer for.

Hmmmm. If vegans are viggles, could that make Jewish people jiggles? ;D

*Right. Bedtime MarzBarz*. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She doesn't understand the gravity of misusing that word so close to Holocaust Remembrance Day, does she? (It would make her look thick any other time but during this week? Beyond tone deaf).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.