Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no.
Something just happened that I fear may have me thrown from the Cabal.
One of the mini Moos just made herself some lunch. Spaghetti hoops on toast.

SHE RINSED THE SAUCE OFF.

Where did I go wrong?!!! I mean, she's a good kid, but I've obviously made mistakes in her upbringing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
She and her £20 shops are literally cited by people as a reason to reduce things like the vouchers, and either she’s too thick to realise or she doesn’t care.
She does realise. I remember reading an article years ago where she acknowledged her budget cooking articles and blog back then were being used by some Tories to basically say, "see, it can be done". Yet she has been doing the same thing recently with these ridiculous, disingenuous £20 shops. We have to assume therefore, that she just doesn't care. Shocker ay?

Reactions: 51
She does realise. I remember reading an article years ago where she acknowledged her budget cooking articles and blog back then were being used by some Tories to basically say, "see, it can be done". Yet she has been doing the same thing recently with these ridiculous, disingenuous £20 shops. We have to assume therefore, that she just doesn't care. Shocker ay?
She's showing how clever she is at being poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She can't work in a workplace environment. The fact she had so many jobs in a ten year period just proves how crap at it she is.
Can you imagine trying to work with her? Christ almighty, would be a bloody nightmare. She's unreliable, unhinged, rude and has absolutely no clue to what she is doing.

Did Nigella ever respond to the creepy drawing request?
I believe that she softly and gently increased her home security behind the scenes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The performative home schooling tweets really really piss me off. I’ve got 3 primary aged kids and I work during school hours (from home at the moment!) 📐
One child in mainstream with an EHCP, year below her son: learning from home but managing really well with additional online support from 1:1 when needed. I don’t have to help her at all!
Another child in mainstream with no SEN - doesn’t need any input from her
Third child in special school - press says they’re open, reality is he is only allowed to attend a couple of days a week. He is non verbal, severely disabled and unable to access remote learning so requires a huge amount of attention from me (while I am working)

Yes although I’m not doing this alone, my husband is NHS and works long hours in a hospital 📐 It’s bleeping chaotic and nightmarish trying to work with all my kids here with no support. BUT I am mindful that this situation is tit for everyone! I know of people that have it much harder than me - why can’t Mack recognise that actually in some respects she has it easier? She’s said she has her weekends free for example, perhaps she could work then instead?!

sorry to rant. I’m just so sick of her poor me schtick. She really doesn’t have it that hard!!
Sending you lots of love @Buscake ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Major cat lover here so I have to admit I was really upset after last night's retweeted video. I hadn’t seen it the first time around - I knew the story but didn’t want to go looking for the images. Gosh, it was disturbing actually seeing it. Hit my heart with a thunk! Kinda glad I saw it though. She’s got away with things for so long that I think she believes all her lies and crap. She feels justified using her personas and adversity stories against the perceived injustices she’s suffered.

My resolve is hardened. I will never stop taking the absolute pissing piss and making a mockery of her shizzle at every given opportunity. 💪

But, of course, she’s already moved on and is faffing about with her Twitter bio and joking about double denim in her usual compassionless manner.
I wondered if she is so incredibly deluded she actually thought the video showed her in a good light? She thinks it will appease angry vegans commenting about kitten on the Linda M thread. 'Look! What are you complaining about!'
plus you can't see the poor things wee legs much in that sick fest

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Her version of being poor involves getting a rich fiancé every few years. Why do the poor not simply find someone to marry.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Oh no.

Where did I go wrong?!!! I mean, she's a good kid, but I've obviously made mistakes in her upbringing.
You'll have to make her look at some of Jack's food pictures - show her where that culinary slippery slope will lead to 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I wondered if she is so incredibly deluded she actually thought the video showed her in a good light? She thinks it will appease angry vegans commenting about kitten on the Linda M thread. 'Look! What are you complaining about!'
plus you can't see the poor things wee legs much in that sick fest
I think she is that deluded. The video is all about her – look at me being loving with a kitten, no one loves a kitten more than me and look how much the kitten loves me.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Oh no.

As long as she didn't add oil, hard cheese and plenty of black pepper and call it a pretentious Italian name, I wouldn't worry!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Thank you so much 💕. It's a struggle for so many people and so many have it much worse than me. I can only imagine how lonely some old people in care homes as they can be surrounded by people but will be desperate to cuddle their loved one's or people trapped in flats trying to homeschool and feed their children. I'm lucky I have my family around and my dog. For a group of bullying ninnies you are all so lovely and kind 🥰. I'm a bit of a luddite with technology so please forgive me always asking how do you do this or that . Big hugs to all 🤗
Just because ‘others have it worse’ doesn’t mean your feelings aren’t valid or not allowed. Please always ask how to do things because the fact that you’re even talking about how you are feeling - even if it’s to us non food experts who don’t dry orange peels on radiators - is really great.

To anyone who is feeling down or not themselves, please know that you can always DM me (I’m pretty sure I have that option ticked!). I can offer poor to average chat. You are important and you matter. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Oh no.

Quick, tell her to mix some table salt in the sauce and she will have an invigorating self tanning body scrub.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
She also acknowledged it on instagram in connection with her most recent slop - something like she hadn't been posting as much slop as usual because she didn't want it to be used to attack the poor.

Reactions: 31
Her version of being poor involves getting a rich fiancé every few years. Why do the poor not simply find someone to marry.
Yeah was thinking this earlier today - last night's little allusion to her being used to having 2 incomes coming in is surely another stab at Louisa Compton for having the AUDACITY to LEAVE and plunging our poor smol pixie back into poverty.

Reactions: 52
She also acknowledged it on instagram in connection with her most recent slop - something like she hadn't been posting as much slop as usual because she didn't want it to be used to attack the poor.
Which is BS, if she hasn't been posting as much slop it's because she's lazy, and will only do something if she thinks there'll be money at the end of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Yeah was thinking this earlier today - last night's little allusion to her being used to having 2 incomes coming in is surely another stab at Louisa Compton for having the AUDACITY to LEAVE and plunging our poor smol pixie back into poverty.
Slightly OT but I wonder what the last straw was for Louisa. The way Jack used to talk about her on Twitter was awful at times, really belittling stuff to read.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
the thing that’s really irritated me about the £350-£600 keyboard on top of the £500 sideboard, is that it needs a stand and a chair/stool. It doesn’t need a sideboard, and her kid will never learn to play the very expensive instrument without being able to sit with it properly. She’s got no respect for anything, she just buys and buys and buys with no thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
When Jack's one income is more than yours and you read her tweets complaining about how poor she is

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.