Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope I’ve done this right. I read the thread on the Forum Business section and I still don’t get it. I have over 200 posts and I think I am set up correctly but I don’t see any options to message anyone. Where would I do it? Could someone message me so I can see what happens?

Reactions: 10
I made the mistake of looking at that video again this morning. It has knocked me sick. Regardless of the health of the kitten, it is totally inappropriate to use a tiny animal in this way.

The viggles need to really double down on this now. It is animal exploitation, pure and simple.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I started following the Stephen Bear story as it was a good distraction to triangluate all the really tit places he was going in Dubai. Like Jack he is very selective about what he responds to and what he glosses over/ ignores. A bad man.

@Fruitjack I wasn't allowed to message you. Computer said no!

Reactions: 33
reposting the kitten video is just a massive two fingers to the people on instagram who've mentioned it. she really doesn't care as long as she's getting twitter likes and, most importantly, paid. and literally no one cares if you bought a "cupboard", but when you have a massive house stuffed with luxury goods and continue to plead poverty, yeah, people are gonna question it.

argh, it's far too early for all this bullshit and i've forgotten to bring teabags to work so i'm grizzly!

• Heart
Reactions: 67
argh, it's far too early for all this bullshit and i've forgotten to bring teabags to work so i'm grizzly!
Might I suggest you go outside and grab some twigs - stick them in a blender with orange peels from behind the work radiator? Brew it in a piece of scrap printer paper, et Voila.

Where I used to work someone used to fashion the citrus fruit peels from their lunch into penis shapes and leave them on top of the bin, sometimes with biro drawn additions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Once again she is pandering to the right wing portrayal of people on benefits.

It's a very fine line between "if you buy cheap beans you can have nice things" (Jack's reasoning) and "it's feckless spending that's the reason you can't feed yourself with the benefits you get" (right wing narrative)

Indeed isn't it the right wing that say feckless spending by the young is the reason they can't afford to buy a property?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
witch. She’s never going to get her comeuppance is she? She’ll carry on being a horrible twit, laughing in everyone’s faces and getting away with it. The resurfacing of the kitten video is so cruel, she just doesn’t give a damn about who she upsets - she didn’t care about her, she was just a marketing tool. I dislike her, I know hate is a strong word but I dislike her.

Sending love to @Scotty1976 and everyone else struggling at the moment 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I’ve got it set up so any member can. Anyone any idea? I’m scared of asking in that Forum Business section!
It’s just enabled me to message you - hopefully you receive it!

If you click into the users profile/thumbnail it should give you the option then. I lose track of all the rules as to what you can do when!

Reactions: 13

It's a very fine line between "if you buy cheap beans you can have nice things" (Jack's reasoning) and "it's feckless spending that's the reason you can't feed yourself with the benefits you get" (right wing narrative)

Indeed isn't it the right wing that say feckless spending by the young is the reason they can't afford to buy a property?
Yes, absolutely x

really crappy and dangerous of her to push this kind of narrative tbh. As bad as the £20 shops, really. Putting the onus on people on a low income instead of the system which needs to be better!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
AC345575-4933-4DA1-BF24-4AF41F981281.png

look what THAT MAN is up to. It’s like jollof rice all over again, getting up in her niche.... FOR FREE

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Can't she just let that kitten rest in peace? It's short life was to appease Monroe's need for attention and it has never stopped being used.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

The thing this div doesn’t seem to grasp (although she pretends to) is that you need to have the money in the first place. You can’t save if you’re on benefits, it’s allegedly enough to live on (it’s not) and that’s it. Nothing to do with what beans you buy. You’re right, you don’t have to scratch very far to reveal her Tory underbelly.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I just don't get why she seems to scrape every penny from everything she does.

She definitely not a happy person, she's will never be satisfied with her wealth and like it's been so many more times before she will ruin her relationships. Then on day she will realise she drove everyone who loved her away because all she cared about was money.

I get she is trying to keep her head above water, but if it was me I would get a proper job one with a salaried wage and carry on with that.
People mean more than money but she caught up in it and will only realise when they've gone.

SB doesn't care about money. He wants his mama. He doesn't want designer furniture
He wants to hang out with his mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This is hard to read without feeling a compelling urge to help - it's completely understandable. This lockdown must be a living nightmare. Nothing much of great use to say other than to send a virtual fist-bump and to wish you well - it's a patronising thing to hear but, things will get better. Look after yourself.
Thank you so much 💕. It's a struggle for so many people and so many have it much worse than me. I can only imagine how lonely some old people in care homes as they can be surrounded by people but will be desperate to cuddle their loved one's or people trapped in flats trying to homeschool and feed their children. I'm lucky I have my family around and my dog. For a group of bullying ninnies you are all so lovely and kind 🥰. I'm a bit of a luddite with technology so please forgive me always asking how do you do this or that . Big hugs to all 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm confused, is she implying that she is larger than usual because she's been recipe testing? After months and months of saying she's been really ill and thin? Who gains that amount of weight that quickly? I don't usually speculate on appearance but why is she saying these things? 🙄 Looks completely her 'normal' self to me. She's so damaging.
She does that a lot. In a THEN and NOW post on Insta/FB she refers to that "gaunt frail defiant girl" of The Poverty pictured and I was baffled, thinking she looks completely normal and healthy!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Re the recent footage on Twitter she for some reason has decided to share again, she has turned off replies. So she must realise on some level how immoral that all was...or is she just playing victim again??

• Wow
Reactions: 35
I just watched it for the first time and that video is awful awful awful. I would want all trace of it scrubbed from the internet for ever if that was me in it, not keep bringing it back. I can't understand how anyone look at themselves behaving like that and think, I know, I'll show the world! It's so creepy and unsavoury and cruel.
@Scotty1976 I was where you are now at the end of August, I'm a bit better but I know I could slip back into it at any moment, I hope you're feeling better soon. Having these threads and the cabal for company definitely helped, especially when calling out JM's ED triggers, it helped me realise it wasn't all in my head, that some of it was definitely being encouraged externally. Lack of control over the general situation must be impacting so many of us with previously fairly dormant EDs, much love to everyone struggling

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.