Jack Monroe #141 Who dat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asimov fans UNITE!

(i nearly just burned my dinner making this)

Reactions: 27
Yeah, you missed a consonant there, mate.
Possible early #threadtitle nom: Jackie M - Honorary Unt

Reactions: 139
Oooooh another over 40k follower vegan account has weighed in on the sausage abomination on Linda McCartney insta, and even better, Jack follows the account
Quite shocking actually - I’ve just looked at her comments and she notes that she (a Black influencer) has been offered freebies in exchange for promoting Linda Mc products but never actual payment.

I wonder what Jack’s thoughts on this are given her monetised support for BLM (including the hoo-hah over them supposedly threatening to cancel her contract for said support through which we found out that she was paid over £10k ) and her performative commentary on things that are “qwhite interesting” etc...?

I don’t expect people partaking in paid promotions to be 100% cognizant of ethical issues but it’s always fun how Jack likes to make a huge song and dance out of her commitment to social justice while she’s quite clearly elbowing people from minorities out of the way while hoovering up the fees that they don’t have the bargaining power to request (see Roadside Mum; Alexis the conspiracist; Black vegan blogger).

A nasty business.

Reactions: 68
Genuinely, Thank(space)you

Reactions: 44
How long was she on for before it started? Heading off for a bathroom break on a zoom call sounds bizarre unless it went on for hours
I got on about 10 mins before it started and she was there, and asked about 3 mins to start if there was time for a quick wee, it was only 1 hour long. She seemed very nervous, if I didn't know better I would say it was the first or second time she had ever done anything like this! She was better by the end though

Reactions: 34
OT but I want to go and live in the place Bob Ross is painting right now.

A million miles away from Jack and all her shit.

Reactions: 24
I can't stop laughing at the Begbie comparison . You lot really make me laugh sometimes!

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.