Jack Monroe #14 Tweet, delete, check Tattle, repeat? Yes, absolutely x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She implies, but doesn't actually say, she was diagnosed by an EP when she was eleven, and noone bothered to say anything.

Now, anyone who has sought a diagnosis for a child will know it doesn't happen like that. It's called a pathway for a reason. Added to that, in 1999 when she would have received the diagnosis virtually no girls were diagnosed (girls present differently etc
I dont understand her diagnosis timeline at all. If she was given it at 11 I find it hard to believe a clever 11yo wouldn't A. Question what she was doing with ed psychs, pediatricians etc. B. Ask what her diagnosis meant C. If she has the sorts of sensory processing issues she describes, why on earth wouldn't her parents ensure she was given the right support in and out of school?

My son is 11 now, he was diagnosed as being on the spectrum at about 6 and a half. He is clever, attends mainstream school, but being autistic still affects him daily, he's well aware of it, and the issues it presents. His school are excellent, and provide extra support. I just cannot imagine how after being given a diagnosis JM wouldn't know about it and be aware of what it meant.

Reactions: 15
Also, got the green roasting tin today and immediately made the baked rice with squash and broccoli. Delicious! And so easy. Have my eyes on the miso aubergine and Dall next. Thanks so much to all of you who recommended it.
Is it good for us vegans?

Reactions: 2
First post here! Hopefully I’m doing this right! Stumbled on these boards after one of her meltdowns on Twitter! The 12 min ballet thing is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. I literally cannot fathom it (previous ballet dancer here as well!) absolute codswallop!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Uh oh, I think Phil Vickery may now be at the top of Jack's hitlist! Just seen this ad on insta stories, how dare he advertise tinned food!

Fun fact: I worked in a supermarket in my late teens/early twenties, one day while working in the petrol station Phil came to my till. He was very friendly, apparently he has family in the area

20200507_175539.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
meant to say happy anniversary for yesterday, but the thread kept moving too quickly for me to quote you!

Funnily managed an Ocado delivery today so I’m spoilt for choice! Naturally I’m opting for a classique - rinsed beans & diced anti constipation pregnancy prunes, passionately garnished with some toothpaste as I don’t have fresh mint x
Thank you so much. My suggestion is cheese on toast with pickle. Save the rinsed beans for a cassoulet. Snicker. xx

• Haha
Reactions: 7
First post here! Hopefully I’m doing this right! Stumbled on these boards after one of her meltdowns on Twitter! The 12 min ballet thing is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. I literally cannot fathom it (previous ballet dancer here as well!) absolute codswallop!
Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

I thought it was just me until I came here.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Uh oh, I think Phil Vickery may now be at the top of Jack's hitlist! Just seen this ad on insta stories, how dare he advertise tinned food!

Fun fact: I worked in a supermarket in my late teens/early twenties, one day while working in the petrol station Phil came to my till. He was very friendly, apparently he has family in the area

View attachment 125157
Oh I saw this on Instagram today and I could almost hear Jack typing furiously at her worn keyboard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
What in the fuckety duck is that outfit?!
Someone who got dressed in the dark. Obvs.

I would add that not only am I an ex ballet dancer but I’ve taught fitness classes for 20 years and have no disabilities. Still can’t stand on my toes for 12 minutes..
Nor can Jack. Heheheh

I dont understand her diagnosis timeline at all. If she was given it at 11 I find it hard to believe a clever 11yo wouldn't A. Question what she was doing with ed psychs, pediatricians etc. B. Ask what her diagnosis meant C. If she has the sorts of sensory processing issues she describes, why on earth wouldn't her parents ensure she was given the right support in and out of school?

My son is 11 now, he was diagnosed as being on the spectrum at about 6 and a half. He is clever, attends mainstream school, but being autistic still affects him daily, he's well aware of it, and the issues it presents. His school are excellent, and provide extra support. I just cannot imagine how after being given a diagnosis JM wouldn't know about it and be aware of what it meant.
But she stated she was diagnosed by her GP.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why more people don't wonder about her.

This is a pointless lie. Noone has taken a bed home alone on a train, even from IKEA. Their smallest beds still come in two boxes (bed and slats) will be minimum 6ft and over 15kg. The logistics of a 5'1 woman transporting this doesn't work. And I say that as someone who once carried a 15kg bag of dog food home because of hubris.

Why tell this lie? Why?!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Also, got the green roasting tin today and immediately made the baked rice with squash and broccoli. Delicious! And so easy. Have my eyes on the miso aubergine and Dall next. Thanks so much to all of you who recommended it.
I am waiting for my cookbook wish list sucky up postie note list to appear. Have a feeling that all of you have ordered them and I have lost out.

I am absolutely FIZZING at your praise! If you would only reveal yourself as being Nigella Lawson or Emma Freud, I would leave Louisa for you in a heartbeat!
Speaking of Nigella. I have a few old tweets of our pal praising. Morning posts :)

Reactions: 3
But she stated she was diagnosed by her GP.
I've just read an article on iNews (I Googled Jack Monroe autism, its not very far down in the search results). She says she was diagnosed at 11 with ASD and ADHD, but that her "nice all girls school" said she had to either bury it, or leave and go to a special school.

If that is what happened, and her parents allowed her to go through school without having appropriate support, that is shocking.

ETA a link, hopefully it works

• Wow
Reactions: 10
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why more people don't wonder about her.

This is a pointless lie. Noone has taken a bed home alone on a train, even from IKEA. Their smallest beds still come in two boxes (bed and slats) will be minimum 6ft and over 15kg. The logistics of a 5'1 woman transporting this doesn't work. And I say that as someone who once carried a 15kg bag of dog food home because of hubris.

Why tell this lie? Why?!
It seems her whole life is a figment of her imagination.

Attachments

Reactions: 24

Why tell this lie? Why?!
That would have to be Lakeside then. From the train station at Lakeside it is a good tromp to IKEA. 20 minutes at a good hump (I did it). There is no way anyone can carry a bed that distance.

Only a matter of time before one of her pissed off followers tweets the URL to here. I have bought all the popcorn available in the world.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
What is the point of wearing that skirt with muddy, dirty trainers?
@skronkywildcat - my teen and I are having pizza tonight too. She has just anchovies on hers, and mine is cheese all the way home. Yours reminds me of the one they used to do in Pizza Express, I think sadly departed now, I want to say Veniziana or something like that. Pizza Express lunch was always my treat after having my braces tightened.
Yes it was inspired by the Pizza Express Venezia (20p from every pizza donated to the Venice in peril fund).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.