Jack Monroe #14 Tweet, delete, check Tattle, repeat? Yes, absolutely x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just started my first thread..not sure if this got the most votes but it will be time for a new one tomorrow anyway. X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Thanks, @OhhBacon. Here we are! I've stuffed the kids into the living room where I'm letting them watch their screechiest youtubers so I can catch up with Tattle, uninterrupted. I didn't drink booze last night in the hope I'd feel a bit more alive. It worked, to an extent, until about 5pm when I wanted to just flop down and not move but I had to unload a wash and make tomato sauce to go under the cheese. Luckily husband is better at stretching pizza dough than me so I did all the prep and left him to cook it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just read that guardian article. She really does take herself as some kind of savant doesn’t she. The Raymond Babbitt of the food world.
Also says she’s got autism. Doesn’t say how she got diagnosed. I recon she’d be the first to shout from the rafters about how bloody hard it is to do. I doubt she will either, in case it comes back as a no.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
God that tweet about “Y'all need to learn some manners because I'm running out of crappy spaces to revamp” really got on my nerves. 99% of the tweets she gets are sycophantic guff from her thousands of fans, yet she feels the need to position herself as the eternal victim. See also that pool video someone posted earlier (why did I watch that?!). She describes twitter (or the internet - can’t remember) as like walking into a job where everyone is whispering how crap, fat and tit you are. Er no, most people are slapping you on the back telling you you’re amazing and handing you ten pound notes!!
FFS

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I have just started my first thread..not sure if this got the most votes but it will be time for a new one tomorrow anyway. X

Good to see #14 up and running. Right, off out now to get my Benylin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think (my opinion) its actually really disrespectful of her to think about dumping a dishoom recipe in a slow cooker. I know someone who worked on making that book (extremely hard and put a lot of effort into) and i just cringe thinking about how they worked out timings, flavour etc for her to bastardise it in a slow cooker???

Part of me thinks she's just mentioning the book for them to notice the mention?

It is an amazing cookbook, its also one that tells stories of the creators back in india and cultural points of view. It is definitely not for those who want a quick meal, it is about preparing the food, putting the time in and getting some really wonderful flavours. Completely the opposite of 'stick in a pan and mix together' which we know someone is fond of.

Also find it incredible rude to say 'y'all need to learn some manners'....these are your fans Jack? Imagine what the people who you pit against them get in their inbox?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
To bless this thread, I give you peak Monroe. Ex-ballet dancer, stands on tiptoes to give talks (despite arthritis), wore a skirt because she was feeling 'suffragetteish', *may* earn commission from promoting skirt because of affiliate link. Come now, you know in your heart of hearts that lies, manipulation, grifting and glittery skirts were at the core of the Suffragette mission.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 19.27.30.png
Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 19.27.40.png

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I have honestly never, ever known someone so full of themselves. How her partner puts up with it I have no idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Great thread title @OhhBacon !

I've read that article and it had me grinding my teeth.

I get really annoyed by the "Autism as Superpower" trope that gets pushed in the media. I mean, whatever gets you through the day but it feels really reductive and patronising. Now tbf that's not JMs fault but it's annoying to see her trotting it out. And BTW you don't get the diagnosis from your bloody GP!!

I'm pretty high functioning (thank goodness) but it's impacted on my life in all sorts of not - great ways.

Sorry, gone a bit off topic. As you were.

(edited - added a bit)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
LOL. Ex ballet dancer. After that cringey dance video that passed by my eyes yesterday, your parents wasted their money.

Ex ballet dancer here. Can’t stand on my toes for 12 minutes.
LOL. We had the same brain wave at the same time.

I'm pretty high functioning (thank goodness) but it's impacted on my life in all sorts of not - great ways.
Have a hug or 2 xxx You are In good company

What is the point of wearing that skirt with muddy, dirty trainers?
Is that a fleece on the chair behind her? If

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.