Jack Monroe #14 Tweet, delete, check Tattle, repeat? Yes, absolutely x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm probably slow on the uptake but when Jack was going to laugh up a lung if DK was recommissioned - is the assumption she really thought that was going to happen?

Maybe someone had said to her before that if it went well it might go on for weeks?

Or she thought other TV offers would come flooding in. Hence her shed studio ready and waiting.
Before DK Jack had been trying to get a series for over a year. She could have spent the time practicing presentation skills. Her big chance, and she blew it and no one to blame but herself. If she reckons her fans got her the first series, she.must be wondering why they couldn't put pressure on to get it renewed.

Reactions: 11
For £84 a month I want her to post me a bit of what she’s cooked tbh with you, I’m not bleeping doing it myself?!
Recipe testers actually get paid. It's a job. You don't have to pay to do it.

Also, it does involve a skill. You have to take notes and give clear feedback on how the process went/write up questions on anything that could be slightly ambiguous. I remember listening to a feature on a recipe tester many years ago on radio 4. Wish I could remember exactly what programme it was, but it was really interesting. Apparently most testers have a longterm relationship with one or multiple chefs.

Reactions: 11
Recipe testers actually get paid. It's a job. You don't have to pay to do it.

Also, it does involve a skill. You have to take notes and give clear feedback on how the process went/write up questions on anything that could be slightly ambiguous. I remember listening to a feature on a recipe tester many years ago on radio 4. Wish I could remember exactly what programme it was, but it was really interesting. Apparently most testers have a longterm relationship with one or multiple chefs.
I have always wanted to be a recipe tester. I would have *loved* it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
After reading that painfully cringe Scotsman interview I realised how much Jack mentions all the traumatised foster kids coming through her house during her childhood - makes me wonder if that explains her constant need to be the winner of the trauma and hardship olympics, as maybe she felt like she had to ‘compete’ with these kids for attention? Or maybe she’s just a bleep.

I do find it interesting that she doesn’t appear to be close with any of her siblings.
The other interesting thing is that, if her parents had those foster children while Jack was at home, they would have had 5+ children in the house. In one of the stories that she tells, her parents couldn't help her out because they had two of her younger siblings at home as well as two foster children, ie fewer children than when she was young. At the same time, her father had progressed up the career ladder in the fire service with consequent higher pay, and possible inheritance of property from his father. Hence, her parents would have been better off than when she was at home and more able to help her. Very odd.

Those who found the information about the property and landlord status, was there anyone else listed as directors such as possible siblings? Either way, it is probable that David inherited at least part if not all of his father's guesthouses (in the plural) business. They may still be guesthouses or now turned into rented flats, hence the landlord designation. Which makes it all the more odd when you consider how Jack was apparently living. Surely even a room in a family guesthouse, or possibly even a flat, would be preferable to living without furniture, fridge and light bulbs, even if there were no room at home?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Jack Monroe #15 I buy paint - 17 litres, I am snarky at my tweeters, I cut my hair to millimetres

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.