Jack Monroe #139 Paging Dr Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And I'm sorry, but bleeping Vogue? :ROFLMAO:
It's super-cheap to buy space in an advertorial in Vogue and then you can say your product/book/company/blog is 'as featured in Vogue' for ever more. I've been quoted in Vogue, it was lifted straight from an article in the DM. They seem to like a bit of low-input content. No idea if other glossies are the same.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
There was discussion recently about JMs rabbit so I am convincing myself this is not off topic. This video of a heroic rabbit just came up in my YouTube recommendations. It's two years old so you may have seen it already!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
How much might one particular urchin be paid by Vogue?

Rug of chances absolutely must become cabal parlance 🙏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I had a little think about Jack and her origin story and when you actually look at it, the way she behaves now has it's roots long before "the poverty".

Jack grew up believing the false narrative that people on benefits have it easy. She believed the trope that single mothers get free houses, money thrown at them, free food, and get everything for doing nothing. She was taken in by all the right wing lies and thought her life as a stay at home single mum would be just peachy. I wonder if this is the sort of bullshit that was bandied about at home, with reference to the parents of the children they fostered.

She walked away from her well paid job because she thought she would get money for nothing. It came as a shock when she was confronted with the reality, that life as an unemployed single mum is not easy, it is really difficult. She couldn't get over the reality of what it was truly like. That is why it hit her so hard. She is still shocked that the right wing lies were not true. She feels betrayed by those people she believed growing up. (it could even explain why she was reluctant to ask for their help)

It is why "the poverty", as short lived as it was, still defines her to this day. It was not what she was led to believe would happen.

Off to have a quick skim of the last few pages.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 114
Oh Lordy, there's yet another rehash of the Origin Story written by Jack herself for Vogue. I tried to read it all, but I had to stop to do a small wee in my pants at the first mention of fire service traaaaaaazers and I found myself unable to carry on.

Please, go on without me, ninnies.

68E9B706-4E15-4E90-92C8-D11727C2B6F9.jpeg
6B57FC1B-399D-415E-9729-09BCF951699F.jpeg

Both these pics are in that article. Really? Why?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Oh Lordy, there's yet another rehash of the Origin Story written by Jack herself for Vogue. I tried to read it all, but I had to stop to do a small wee in my pants at the first mention of fire service traaaaaaazers and I found myself unable to carry on.

Please, go on without me, ninnies.

The first 567 words are almost entirely irrelevant to the actual issue but I guess Jack will get handsomely paid for those words donate the fee to charity (please do and provide a receipt). I stopped counting at 'And on Tuesday 12th January' but there was still a lot of word salad after that.

ETA to add this gem I just noticed:
Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.27.20.png

Warning: May contain writing issues.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
We aren't imagining are we? She did 100% say she would chose the highest paid interviews and donate all the fees to Magic Breakfasts?
So there has been The Guardian (twice), Vogue - would she get paid for TV appearances like GMTV?

Reactions: 56
Just had a closer look at her 'recipe chaos' photo. One of the recipes is for a pear and marrow tart. Is it just me, or does that sound absolutely rank?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Just had a closer look at her 'recipe chaos' photo. One of the recipes is for a pear and marrow tart. Is it just me, or does that sound absolutely rank?
Being 90% vegan, I'd assumed that Jack was referring to bone marrow, than garden marrow. You never know though 😨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
This reminds me of other classic Jack lie. She can't swim because her maverick quirky body *LITERALLY* can't float

surejan.gif

eta of course deleted but the remnants are still there
On a grunka, but my partner does the same thing. I used to swim for a club so I'm pretty proficient. Went on holiday with him for the first time... I have never ever seen someone literally sink when they don't move their limbs. He just lies on the bottom of the pool rather than float, it's really quite bizarre. I tried holding him up and as soon as I let go he just sank!

He can swim though if he actually swims, not just lies there sinking. So she is capable of swimming. Another lie exposed by a mithering ninny and her sinking partner!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I had a little think about Jack and her origin story and when you actually look at it, the way she behaves now has it's roots long before "the poverty".

Jack grew up believing the false narrative that people on benefits have it easy. She believed the trope that single mothers get free houses, money thrown at them, free food, and get everything for doing nothing. She was taken in by all the right wing lies and thought her life as a stay at home single mum would be just peachy. I wonder if this is the sort of bullshit that was bandied about at home, with reference to the parents of the children they fostered.

She walked away from her well paid job because she thought she would get money for nothing. It came as a shock when she was confronted with the reality, that life as an unemployed single mum is not easy, it is really difficult. She couldn't get over the reality of what it was truly like. That is why it hit her so hard. She is still shocked that the right wing lies were not true. She feels betrayed by those people she believed growing up. (it could even explain why she was reluctant to ask for their help)

It is why "the poverty", as short lived as it was, still defines her to this day. It was not what she was led to believe would happen.

Off to have a quick skim of the last few pages.
I think you might very well have hit the nail on the head there. It explains so much of her attitude towards the poors, the mummy and daddy issues, the struggling to cope, the not so closet Tory-ness, and a lot of other things.

• Heart
It must further enrage the vegans that when you go to the recipe post on her page for the sausage slop abomination, the suggested recipes at the bottom of the page are all non vegan sausage monstrosities with pics that look frighteningly like Brenda's bangers.

Weirdly the Vogue article gives me hope because she has literally nothing new to bring to the conversation. She obviously sees herself as relevant but the more she pipes up the more apparent it is that she is anything but.

"Fake poverty origin story rehashed in surprising places"

• Heart
Helo all, I needed a break when all the FSM stuff was going on. Thanks to all you lovely ninnies that showed concern by sending messages. When I looked again at tattle last night, the DM's were a lovely surprise. Contrary to Jack's suggestion that everyone here are nasty, trolling bullies, you are all wonderful caring people.

I did consider mentioning that I was leaving, but realised that tattle isn't an airport. (Though at most airports they no longer announce departures or arrivals. Jack once again showing how she has her finger on the pulse of current practice). Sorry if anyone was worried by my disappearance, I shouldn't have taken any notice of a Jackism and just mentioned I was taking a break.

I have met many people like Roadside Mum in both my professional and private life. They have a legitimate grievance but when it is acknowledged they are never happy with a reasonable solution. They think that they are being assertive, but they go too far, become aggressive abusive and vexatious. They say they are "strong women" or "strong men" but in reality they are just uncooperative, obstinate, nasty people who are never satisfied with a sensible solution. That combined with Jack tit stirring in the background was the perfect combination to tip me over the edge.

Then Jack stuck her neb in to make her front and centre of a campaign that was nothing to do with her, instead of giving those affected support and a platform. On top of this, it was Jack that profited from a campaign that was not hers, writing articles, TV appearances and making money off the backs of those that truly were affected. This had me screeching, howling and clawing at the floor with anger.

During my many, many years of LGBT equality campaigning, one of the most frustrating things was non LGBT people trying to take over instead of showing support. Just as Jack has done with the FSM campaign. There is nothing more annoying than having your campaign hijacked by someone not directly involved.

Anyway, I am now back, but have decided not to read the past week's goings on, as I would no doubt want to comment on issues that are now concluded.

Thanks again for all the lovely, supportive, caring messages. You have made this past year bearable in what has been almost constant lockdown here "Up North"

Sorry (not really) for the long post.
Good to have you around again!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.