Jack Monroe #139 Paging Dr Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another thread title for @SoulRebel 🎉 you’re on a roll! And credit to @ReginaPhalangee for the words. Your joint prize: a chance to submit your best frugal tips to Jack’s latest quixotic opus (fee/credit: none whatsoever).

Recap of thread #138

1. She continued to be a point of contention on the Linda McCartney Instagram page.
  2. Monopoly Jack was here.
  3. Her rag rug is the stuff of nightmares.
  4. Then we had Mug Jack.
  5. She was on James O’Brien’s podcast.
  6. She filters oil because she’s ‘super frugal’.
  7. Thunderclap, she does not know her. She seems to have forgotten her own hashtag.
  8. She promises Cookbook 7 will be ‘like a modern day Mrs Beeton x Mrs Hinch but without the parakeet pie and steam cleaner’.
  9. She’s ten days off deadline but she wants to ‘garner lots of fave frugal hacks and tips’ from people who ... actually have needed to be frugal.
  10. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
    ‘I did a chaos’
    ‘My maverick brain’
    ‘My sad little face’
    ‘I’m BUSY’
    ‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
    ‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
    ‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a ÂŁ4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.
    [*]
    Use the pink link tab at the top of the thread to find Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, where you will find all episodes of Daily Kitchen Live.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.
    [*][*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
Grunking from previous thread.
She didn't know Marilyn Monroe was called Norma Jean?
Really Jack?
Elton John literally wrote a song about it.
Idiot woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Grunking from previous thread.
She didn't know Marilyn Monroe was called Norma Jean?
Really Jack?
Elton John literally wrote a song about it.
Idiot woman.
“And it seemed to me, she lived her life like a grifter with a tin...”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 148
Oh, I am honoured beyond belief, dearest racoon botherer. But must share this noble position with @regin@phalange who came up with the phrase which I bumped.

PS, my money saving tip is don't piss your money away on tat you don't need.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 10.25.22.png

Someone is offering to do her work for her, for free. Surely typing them in is the easy part? It's organizing them and writing "interesting" introductions that would take the time? When I am procrastinating (also ADHD), something like typing stuff in is the easy gateway I use to get me started.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
I hope her money saving tips will be like Take a Break magazine where they use sanitary pads for everything from slippers to cleaning cloths.

Oh tit. I forgot she can't afford sanitary pads. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I might resume my countdown now that we have a new extended deadline for the book. 9 days Jack. 9 days.

What calamity do we think will befall Jack in the next 9 days that will stop the poor thing from delivering on time? I think she will be decluttering her minimal and neat home and will fall and land on her hand, specifically the one she writes with.

Place your bets! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 68
tried to listen to the O’Brien podcast- I know! I like to challenge my bull tolerance level. Had to stop after the 1st horrific sniff. Jeez she must have done ‘Charlie’ proud over the years to create a nasal orchestra like that 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Does it not occur to her that maybe she's just tit at public speaking?

I hope her money saving tips will be like Take a Break magazine where they use sanitary pads for everything from slippers to cleaning cloths.

Do you follow British Goop on IG? Some corkers on there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I might resume my countdown now that we have a new extended deadline for the book. 9 days Jack. 9 days.

What calamity do we think will befall Jack in the next 9 days that will stop the poor thing from delivering on time? I think she will be decluttering her minimal and neat home and will fall and land on her hand, specifically the one she writes with.

Place your bets! 😂
I bet she's wishing she'd put off Covid until this week. I'm really hoping the inevitable ouchy involves a strong element of slapstick.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Place your bets! 😂

I think something a little bit like this... but in the crappy Bungalow of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Does it not occur to her that maybe she's just tit at public speaking?

Do you follow British Goop on IG? Some corkers on there.
Yes! It's hilarious. I think someone on these threads mentioned it many chaoses ago, and it always brightens my day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Her socks are going to get a battering, aren’t they?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe this book is where she finally explains what she's using those bloody rubber eggs for.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hello!

I'm an angry vegan squiqqle and have spent the last couple of days reading here since a kind fellow squiqqle urged me to have a forensic google. As seems common, I was generally kindly disposed to Jack (Katie Hopkins case, popping up in the Guardian etc) until I came across a lot of vegan community anger and disappointment around Vegan-ish (bleurgh). Then I heard her on a James O'Brien podcast (not the current one, this one went out over a year ago, I think) and the whole narrative started to feel really inconsistent and odd. She started to remind me of a grabby, narc-y ex-friend at the same time I started noticing the disappearing tweets. I avoided her until she started popping up re the FSM news and then the Linda McCartney Insta posts were my last straw, especially hearing about the disgusting and criminal animal abuse.

Reading here has been an absolute shocker. I love the support and kindness and the clever in jokes but am horrified by her absolute cuntiness. I've also nearly thrown up reading about the hoarded sardine oil, the rug of biological horror and crowd sourcing recipes for the latest book (10 days until deadline, WTAF???). Has this been a particularly busy week for demented fuckery or is it really always like this? The mental picture I have of her house is like those crime scene photos of Jeffrey Dahmer's apartment but with more ceramic unicorn tat. I'm also really sad about the idea that she might have a rabbit held hostage in her garage.

Hopefully I've got the spoilers right and I'm not abusing the amazing Jack coping language you've created ('squiggle', 'slop' and 'forensic' make me howl). I am looking forward to hanging out with you all and really hope more squiggles have had their eyes opened to this horrible, cynical woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 203
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.