Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
When Trump lost the election someone called him a Tangerine Shit Gibbon 😂😂.

I love it and if it can be incorporated into our Jack all the better😊😊

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Bugger13

VIP Member
But not too long before its 99p on Kindle. Tin Can Cook published May 2019. Was available for some time recently at that price. Her Year in 120 recipes currently for sale . Should Vegan-ish appear at that price, I'll bite.
Trust me, don’t. It’s shit. Go for east by meera sodha or bosh or anything but that pile o crap.

• Haha

GoLando

VIP Member
Bling Empire? Completed it last week, mate. Not sure why it’s such a “guilty pleasure” I love that style of scripted reality!

That and the vegan uprising...
Isn’t “scripted reality” Jack’s forte?

Unreal Housefrau of Southend.

• Haha
But not too long before its 99p on Kindle. Tin Can Cook published May 2019. Was available for some time recently at that price. Her Year in 120 recipes currently for sale . Should Vegan-ish appear at that price, I'll bite.
It's so bad, you can't even get it on the Bay.

There's one user who has uploaded thousands of cookbooks, including the random back of the charity shop type ones and a load of popular food writers/vegan books/the first couple of books, but even they haven't bothered when there are gems such as Stock Your Crock and How To Write your Memoir In 30 Days they could risk everything to share with the world for free.

• Haha

I’MBUSY!

Chatty Member
Post 368 on this page is where Nicola Miller blocked her - it was to do with Ryan Riley and the whole long COVID taste loss thing. https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-123-carole-malone-is-away.12746/page-19

After that, Nicola subtweeted about Jack's trifle dissing (must have been Christmas Eve).
ETA sorry, I mean it must have been *before* that, that she did the trifle subtweets, as the blocking happened on the 27th.
But I think they may have made up?
Because Jack told Nicola on Twitter (!!) that she had whatsapped her. Because obv you announce to the world when you send a private message.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Is it possible to change keywords at all? Say, to Monroe + ('Grifter' OR 'Cunt'), for example?
It actually is, it’s useful if the person has a generic name so you’re not spammed with irrelevant stuff. You can test it out as it’ll preview the 3 last articles that’ll come up for your query.

Love a google alert tbh, set them up for anyone I wanna nose about 😂

• Haha

LucilleBluth

He really isn't. I think his credulous championing of Carl Beech and slating of other news outlets for being more cautious in their reporting shows that he'll believe in anyone who supports the position he wishes to take at that time. He's just an opinions guy.
To be honest, I’m a fairly new fan of his, so I’m sure you’re right. I disliked him at first but he won me over somehow and I heartily approve of his hearty disapproval of Boris Johnson. But yeah, this has disappointed me.

Praying she’s not on with Elizabeth Day next.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
]
when I was researching for the receipt of the “minimalist” claim I found this picture of what apparently amounts to less than 20% of her crockery. She says it is all necessary so she can stylise her food photography appropriately.View attachment 394932
looks like a table in a house clearance shop full of mismatched grotty tat

• Haha

moosesauna

Chatty Member
I co
I hate to defend her in any way, but I think it can go both ways. Both through my own experience and at work, a lot of people who get out of poverty will do stuff like impulse buy a Llama doorstop just because they can. Trainers as well is fairly classic, if they were unreachable as a kid while everyone around you had the designer ones the impulse to buy as soon as you can can be really strong. At one stage I had 5 winter coats because as a kid my mum couldn’t even afford one and now I could have them I wanted them. I had to make a real effort to stop impulse buying random shit that like the doorstop just because I could. Obv I wasn’t grifting for money at the time, but I think the impulse is fairly common and I’ve known people end up in serious debt because of it.

I don’t think poverty is Jack’s motivation but I’ve said before I wonder if her parents had strong ideas of what it was worth spending money on, and her impulsivity comes from that. One of the worst people I know for trainers grew up very comfortably but their parents didn’t believe in spending money on labels at all - so now they can buy them, they do.
'Take that, Mum, I can buy my own unicorn mug now!'

• Haha

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
This is actually quite embarrassing.

"What flavour of Ben & Jerry's ice cream did Jack allegedly eat two tubs of during the Poverty?"
"Which Oasis song did Jack accidentally conquer her fears to sing on Youtube?"
"What is Jack Monroe's favourite tank?"
Someone make us a JM quiz for Easter I'm begging you 😂

Edit: or a JM themed online board game/cards against humanity deck

• Haha
  • Heart