Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
Oh yes pagers (“bleeps”) are the bane of my existence in the NHS. Plus they try to threaten us with a charge of £600 if they get lost or damaged because they’re so expensive to replace as no one bloody uses them anymore!
Perhaps Jack could add that to her thunderclap tonight...
I seem to remember at the time that it was the medical profession that lobbied to keep the service as nothing else would do!

Poor SB's dad if that is true. But why would the media even bother? They were not interested in her nudes or anything else she has to say unless she is riding Marcus' coattails.
If that was true it would have made the press by now, however what Jack forgets is that SHE'S JUST NOT THAT FAMOUS

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Mustard

VIP Member
Mary McCartney has her own Instagram account. Wonder if they’ve gone there. Edit: I’ve checked and no sign of JM complaints. But, the last post was days ago.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄
Can we have a beamish thread please?(rave about obvs 🥰)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Smeghead

VIP Member
thanks very Bugger much, Bugger. But whyyy does she have them? She does not have chickens that need discouraging. She’s such a hoarder she’s collecting rubber eggs for which she has no use
Is the answer something to do with when she has the fake fox over for tea and scones?

• Haha
I know the conversation will have moved on massively from ‘the rug’ now but any fellow Geordies 🔺 do you remember at Beamish in the miners cottages they have those rugs? So I’m sure they were made by women in the late 18/early 1900’s as a rug.

God knows why Jack has one though 🙄
Called proggy mats up here though (I’m a North easterner, not a geordie though). You can still go on courses learn how to do it.

Reactions: 17

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
But I think they may have made up?
Because Jack told Nicola on Twitter (!!) that she had whatsapped her. Because obv you announce to the world when you send a private message.
I don't think that was NM? They're def not following each other on twitter anymore.

Ninch55

Chatty Member
Just checked out the replies to that Cambridge alumni (!) snitch tagging Jack about Tattle (of course you were looking for a recipe, hun. Grift slop, by any chance?) and found this one particularly hilarious:

View attachment 395276

The irony of someone ostensibly deploring unkindness, while using utterly dehumanising language (*cough Katie Hopkins cockroaches cough*) about a group of people she knows absolutely nothing about. Simply for daring to question the povvo queen of hearts.

We all know exactly why we’re here and most of us attempt to spread the word about Jack in our personal circles. You’re all fucking hilarious and compassionate (often where I find myself lacking). This place has a greater proportion of people with or working towards doctorates than I’ve ever come across outside of work or a conference. People here know frankly terrifying amounts about tech, healthcare, law, education, food, welfare, etc. But go off, Squig, we must all be terrible for having a critical thought.

Potential thread title: Jack Monroe #139 Exit via the Grift Slop.
St. Jacqueline of Southend. So perfect. So holy. Never put a foot wrong.

• Haha

moosesauna

Chatty Member
Unfortunately I
A) used my carrots today
B) don’t have any fresh ginger (I presume she means fresh, but she really should specify in the recipe otherwise BAD things will happen)
C) can’t be arsed ( too busy ironing watching Bling Empire)
D) don’t want to waste tomato purée on a shit soup

otherwise I would attempt it.
My tongue is shrivelling at the thought; your health deserves better than this one!!

• Haha

Whaa?

VIP Member
'You too could be the proud owner of a book populated entirely with random shit I hoiked out of drawers at the last minute and padded out with the Twitter equivalent of Reader's Handy Tips from Take a Break. Only £15.99 to you (and about twenty grand to meeeeeeeeee - ha, ha, aren't I clever and you are all so stupid as to think that I actually work at this shit!'
But not too long before its 99p on Kindle. Tin Can Cook published May 2019. Was available for some time recently at that price. Her Year in 120 recipes currently for sale . Should Vegan-ish appear at that price, I'll bite.

• Haha

Lanie

VIP Member
There's more than one out there? You wouldn't think the world was big enough.

How big is it exactly?
The one my neighbour has was not the biggest one they sold, but it takes up about a third of her floor space. I don't know if hers is the same one from the same shop but it's definitely a wool latch hook rug of some sort and is very very similar.

• Wow