Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only last night I used some oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes to fry off some onion, but the filtering nonsense makes me want to die, to be honest.

Why would you mix old fish oil with other old oil? And the cheap sausage runoff 🤢 good god. A bottle of oil is not expensive if you just buy normal tit. Like a pound. Butter is not expensive, despite Jack’s obsession with lard. Why risk botulism to play at frugality?!

What the duck is the matter with her fawning fans?!
Looks like she's getting through a lot of kitchen roll there- that's neither frugal nor environmentally friendly. In know it's not super expensive but I imagine it cuts deeply into the margins for oil savings.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Today's episode of Poverty Street is bought to you by the letter F for febrile!

If only Jackie knew what it meant and how to use it in the correct context.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
yeah, it's not happening, is it? that relevant one is from last week. great activism jack!

20210121_202842.jpg

eta I may have misremembered the actual hashtag. anyone know who the founder is? 😳

eta2 i may have misremembered a hashtag, but at least I don't grift online for a living eh lads! and I am tired and hungry and have had enough!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
#THUNDER...???
...fail. 😞

The thought of the smell of the second hand fishy oil makes me feel quite wobbly. :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Hard relate.

ETA: I just had to ask “was Elton’s candle song actually about Marilyn Monroe?”
Response from the sofa: pause
Secondary response from the sofa “that is why it contains the line ‘goodbye Norma Jeane’”

What the f has life come to?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
A number of people are tweeting with the hashtag Thunderclap for Carers. Perhaps she will remember it if it trends.
Nothing so far. Just tweeting a load of bollox about Norma Jean (whoever that is hahahaha). Oh founder, where art thou?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 395733

Is this really a thing that happens in England?

PS This entire "woe is me" post, in which she's moving to a shoebox flat and she's gonna eBay her clothes because she's poooooooor was after the Kickstarter thing. 🙃
Yes, if you ignore the many letters with "FINAL NOTICE" in bold black and/or red, fail to contact them to explain your circumstances, fail to accept an offer to go on a payment plan, and subsequently fail to open the door when they send you written notice that they will be round, they can get a warrant.

ETA undoubtedly many vulnerable people do ignore post and knocks on the door and owing money is extremely frightening for them. I just don't think this has the tint of reality about it as it does take an awful lot to get to that point. Maybe they did come round and put her on a prepaid meter. (shrug)

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
What a surprise that the thunderfuck hashtag has been forgotten about. I'm sure I'm not the only Frau here who has friends and family who work in the NHS. I'm certain that we all know people who are nurses, doctors or healthcare assistants. It does hurt me to see the performative care. I'm not asking for her to tweet 24/7 about the NHS but if you have created a campaign because you care so much, maybe try and stick to it rather than tweeting pictures of Marilyn pissing Monroe? The people I know who are working on the wards at the moment are, to use a cliched phrase, truly at breaking point. If you say you're on their side, prove it rather than trying to create a hashtag to benefit yourself.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
She is now being asked why she is getting abuse.
10 mins no reply. I have not seen abusive remarks popping up in her replies. Perhaps she is concerned that the vegans will bring their chagrin to the source.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
As a huge MM fan who has read many biographies etc... What is the point of her latest post? Does she think people honestly don't know that MM used to look quite different in her youth? Bizarre.

As someone who calls herself a writer (not a chef!) I am baffled by her use of..........

If you wish to trail off for dramatic effect it is three dots, called, I believe, an ellipsis. I find several dots grating, but I suppose that's because of my forensic attention to detail. Disappointingly this isn't a quirky aspect of personality caused by ADHD, autism or OCD. It's because I like things to be well written.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
View attachment 395733

PS This entire "woe is me" post, in which she's moving to a shoebox flat and she's gonna eBay her clothes because she's poooooooor was after the Kickstarter thing. 🙃
No. You would not have your house broken into for an unpaid gas bill, and certainly not to change a meter. Ridiculous woman.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
View attachment 395733

Sort of. If you don't pay your bills, refuse to engage with them and/or reuse to continue a preagreed payment plan, the energy companies can apply for a warrant to enter the premises to fit a prepayment meter, rather than cut you off. The easy way to avoid that is to call them and agree a repayment plan. And in some cases, this may include having a prepayment meter fitted by consent - it saves you wittering on about tit like that word vomit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.