Jack Monroe #138 Jack Monroe MBE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m aware of the botulism risks from making your own garlic oil, however I’m pretty sure that the shop bought versions have been treated. (I could be wrong. She is really giving guff advice about storing them all in the fridge for ages and filtering etc when realistically you buy a jar of sundried tomatoes and use up then a little bit of oil u can us in chilli or Bolognese etc. Why go to all the nonsense about filtering in kitchen roll. Just keep the jar in fridge and use up. So complicated!

Reactions: 28
Of course she needs the rug because it’s so perishingly cold underfoot and that plays havoc with her crippling arthritis leaving her a hobbling howling mess. Unfortunately she rents (you may not be aware) and there is no other solution to this problem (trust me, she’s tried them all). Socks you say? No, they have other uses.
She rents?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Helps mask the smell of hellrug and slop.
This really has me giggling into my glass of wine. Imagine: you start running away from the smell of stale fat to only then be met by the smell of dusty carpet. God help the asthmatics among us!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Just checked out the replies to that Cambridge alumni (!) snitch tagging Jack about Tattle (of course you were looking for a recipe, hun. Grift slop, by any chance?) and found this one particularly hilarious:

View attachment 395276

The irony of someone ostensibly deploring unkindness, while using utterly dehumanising language (*cough Katie Hopkins cockroaches cough*) about a group of people she knows absolutely nothing about. Simply for daring to question the povvo queen of hearts.

We all know exactly why we’re here and most of us attempt to spread the word about Jack in our personal circles. You’re all bleeping hilarious and compassionate (often where I find myself lacking). This place has a greater proportion of people with or working towards doctorates than I’ve ever come across outside of work or a conference. People here know frankly terrifying amounts about tech, healthcare, law, education, food, welfare, etc. But go off, Squig, we must all be terrible for having a critical thought.

Potential thread title: Jack Monroe #139 Exit via the Grift Slop.
We had "Exit through the Gift Slop" for #117. Do keep up ;)!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Mom's doing a performative piece right now that answers why the boxes of unused crockery are a thing. Apparently, she hoards boxes of novelty crockery in cardboard boxes on a filming set.

No sign of spiralisers in the Slop Kitchen, despite Mom saying they're the most common thing donated to Charity Shops (where? Haven't seen one once). But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if a Kitchen Aid complete with All of the Attachments is hidden somewhere where nobody ready to query the cost can see it.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Evening, you heartless creatures. Pleased to have arrived in the present just in time for the undoubted social media sensation the thunderclap will be this evening.

Did we know about the bailiffs being round four years ago in the middle of the Katie Hopkins trial? She says that she wasn't being paid her book royalties which resulted in the bailiffs came and when they saw her six-year-old son, crouched down and asked where his dad was. Her son said his dad was picking him up later so the bailiff said something to the effect of 'say goodbye to mummy then, you won't be seeing her again because she's going to prison for not paying her bills'. I wish someone would put her in prison. An actual prison, not Ruby Rose stand-in prison.
I used to know a group of bailiffs. One was a fairly close mate and the others were his colleagues who used to come into the pub I worked in for post-work drinks. Obvs, this is anecdata, but even after a number of pints they very rarely slagged off or judged the situations the people they had to visit were in, even amongst themselves. They'd share stories of difficult situations or get pissed off sometimes with the extremely angry/threatening people (who were v rare) but that was it. They were a good humoured lot who were v good with people as a rule. I can't imagine any of them saying anything like that to a child, they were all human beings with families, not monsters, just people doing a job because they needed to pay their bills. I'm sure some bailiffs are utter arseholes, but I imagine it's mostly in line with the general proportion of arseholes in the population and even they would presumably be in a lot of trouble for speaking to a child like that.

I don't think JM has a lot of ummm..... variety in her social circle.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Evening, you heartless creatures. Pleased to have arrived in the present just in time for the undoubted social media sensation the thunderclap will be this evening.

I used to know a group of bailiffs. One was a fairly close mate and the others were his colleagues who used to come into the pub I worked in for post-work drinks. Obvs, this is anecdata, but even after a number of pints they very rarely slagged off or judged the situations the people they had to visit were in, even amongst themselves. They'd share stories of difficult situations or get pissed off sometimes with the extremely angry/threatening people (who were v rare) but that was it. They were a good humoured lot who were v good with people as a rule. I can't imagine any of them saying anything like that to a child, they were all human beings with families, not monsters, just people doing a job because they needed to pay their bills. I'm sure some bailiffs are utter arseholes, but I imagine it's mostly in line with the general proportion of arseholes in the population and even they would presumably be in a lot of trouble for speaking to a child like that.

I don't think JM has a lot of ummm..... variety in her social circle.

Shows that Bailiffs only feature in her feverish imagination after reading tit about Debtors' Prisons at school, IMO.

By the way, does anybody think that she's given a moment's thought to what we would have done with Katie Hopkins at the peak of her social media fame? We'd have genuinely taken her down long before court action.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
tit, I missed this off my "bullies" post earlier.

the bullies who are just so vile (a very overused word imo) that she came and joined in for hours! the bullies that are mostly left-leaning, intelligent young-ish women who used to admire her, who she thought she could win round in the end.

also, there was a very intelligent sounding squiggle replying to the snitch-tag tweet earlier who made some very good points to the snitch-tagger. unfortunately, then a Known Troll showed up 😐

anyway, it's thunderclap time! whoo hoo!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
tit, I missed this off my "bullies" post earlier.

the bullies who are just so vile (a very overused word imo) that she came and joined in for hours! the bullies that are mostly left-leaning, intelligent young-ish women who used to admire her, who she thought she could win round in the end.

also, there was a very intelligent seeming squiggle replying to the snitch-tag tweet earlier who made some very good points to the snitch-tagger. unfortunately, then a Known Troll showed up 😐

anyway, it's thunderclap time! whoo hoo!
'Young-ish'? Oh, I do like you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
No mention of the Thunderclap over on the Twitter. Probably Dino-napping through it.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The bailiff story previously appeared in this begging post from 2018:

Screenshot_20210121-210322_Chrome.jpg

Interestingly, her legal battle to get that 50 grand never made the news, but the time phone hijackers scammed her out of 5 grand - when she had a much lower profile - did. 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Just dropping in to hatefully enquire after the Thunderflap. Have we had a message from the President, founder and treasurer?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.