Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure she has arthritis because she has lied about so many different ailments. Her idea of arthritis is probably an ache in her hand.
Not being reductive to people who genuinely have arthritis.
I have an arthritic big toe - you can't 🔺 me from this because it's between me and my medical records, I don't think I've ever experienced such a lull in conversation that I've found the need to tell my husband or parents. I certainly don't go around telling people I have arthritis, which is a different thing entirely.

Reactions: 37
I will say this is the only thing where Jack and I agree. IDS is a vile man. Truly repugnant.
IDS gave a talk at my school 🔺 as he was walking off he knocked over a waste paper bin and didn't pick it up. Knob. In seriousness though totally agree with you, awful man.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
JM accompanied Allegra. Allegra did the cooking, JM did the twatting around. It was a prize at an auction.
For some reason this fact has stuck in my mind.
Aw bless. I imagine Allegra left Jack somewhere safe with her very own kitchen to play chefs in

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 22.31.03.png

I'm just imagining Mary and co pretending to drink out the toy cups and telling Jack she's a very clever girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Slop Jack is hands down my favourite. She's not hurting anyone, she's just showing how dreadful she is at cooking and I live for it. Her putting words in her son's mouth just to impress her followers is bleeping stupid, I'm not now nor have ever been a ten-year-old boy but they ring so hollow.

"Hey mum remember when that man at the pub said hello politely to you and you glassed him because you're so hard? And that other man who asked how you were and you broke his arm in six places and he went to A&E and they said it was so bad they couldn't do anything about it and now he has an arm like a bendy straw? And that man who offered to buy you a pint and you said I AM AN ALCOHOLIC YOU bleeping NINNY and headbutted him so hard he fell into the fruit machine and then everyone clapped?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Aw bless. I imagine Allegra left Jack somewhere safe with her very own kitchen to play chefs in

View attachment 392512

I'm just imagining Mary and co pretending to drink out the toy cups and telling Jack she's a very clever girl.
You can just imagine Jack holding court as she regales all the fancy people with her “origins story”. Allegra must look back and cringe at some of the episodes from this part of her life. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 41
JM accompanied Allegra. Allegra did the cooking, JM did the twatting around. It was a prize at an auction.
For some reason this fact has stuck in my mind.
You mean when Jack, in one of her numerous "Gotcha!" moments, tried to prove she's a good cook by saying she made a banquet for MARY PORTAS, she wasn't being entirely truthful? I for one am shocked - SHOCKED - by this revelation.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
You can just imagine Jack holding court as she regales all the fancy people with her “origins story”. Allegra must look back and cringe at some of the episodes from this part of her life. 😬
This is the reason she cleans her potatoes with a nail brush...Allegra made her do it, to get her out of the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I absolutely love the way we all discuss our favourite/least favourite Jacks so blithely. My power is going off for some electrical work outside 🔺 on Thursday so I might try and do a list of them. Wallpaper will not be involved. I’ll probably miss out about 40.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
IDS gave a talk at my school 🔺 as he was walking off he knocked over a waste paper bin and didn't pick it up. Knob. In seriousness though totally agree with you, awful man.
He was incredibly rude and nasty to my Mum once. I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire if I'm perfectly honest.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Is the Emin from a puddle? Or from one of her anonymous, uber rich friends?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Shes such a dimwit she's actually angry at IDS voting against supporting genocide through arms sales. I mean, I'm very cynical about his motives here but would she rather he support arms sales to genocidal regimes?
Her straw man arguments aren’t even that. They’re like gossamer not straw

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Is the Emin from a puddle? Or from one of her anonymous, uber rich friends?
It was a gift from a mate so she is unable to sell it because it is her policy not to sell gifts unless they are Omega Seamasters.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I don't think she ever had anorexia. There are too many holes, as always - in one version of events, she walked a 14-mile roundtrip to school because she had an ED and was overexercising, in another she did it to save her bus money to buy coronation chicken. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She likes to sad fish about having an ED, but there's always something inauthentic there. I was bulimic and it took me bleeping DECADES to recover, reading a Nigella Lawson book didn't magically cure me so yeah, sensitive here too.
Same here, though I feel for me it was a tad easier than most, and I feel almost inauthentic in the fact that I recovered without 'official' psychiatric help (even though I would definitely benefit from therapy and/or medication for other things now).
If she dwells on it any longer there's no doubt it'll rile me up, as the experience I had was too isolating, ugly and depressing to make me want to advertise it for social media points, or to feel comfortable with other people glamorising it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.