Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THIS MADE ME RAGE.
ETA: I mean Jack not Charitas ❤

I was also anorexic and went to a grammar school 🔺 and I’m not entirely sure what a “grammar school anorexic” is, but if she does just mean she skipped a few meals here and there cos her ~vapid grammar school chums~ liked to compete over it then sorry but that doesn’t make you any sort of “anorexic”. duck off. If she actually did suffer from an eating disorder (and tbh she could have, it’s quite normal for people to be flippant about past trauma) (but that’s very much unlike her), then I’m glad she’s better now, but people who claim they had full-blown anorexia because they skipped breakfast once really grind my gears. Am not gonna speculate any more on the truth to her claim cos I don’t think that’s fair but I’m sensitive to this issue and she’s a known liar so yeah, kind of ruffled my feathers a tad.
I don't think she ever had anorexia. There are too many holes, as always - in one version of events, she walked a 14-mile roundtrip to school because she had an ED and was overexercising, in another she did it to save her bus money to buy coronation chicken. 🤷🏼‍♀️

She likes to sad fish about having an ED, but there's always something inauthentic there. I was bulimic and it took me bleeping DECADES to recover, reading a Nigella Lawson book didn't magically cure me so yeah, sensitive here too.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Knew they would say that it was reporting what Jack said.
This is the kind of thing that would enrage adopted/fostered children’s rights advocates
She should apologise
I haven't had a reply but will challenge it if a similar one comes my way.
Just popping in to say I haven't replied to it but will plan on doing so.
Also - insert big red alarming triangle (or essential fancy wooden one) but my line of work is actually in upholding rights and voices including those of children so I'll certainly be bringing that into future correspondence.

OT: but I had a thought the other night that the cabal are some of the people I would most like to sit around a table with, and unless we really do end up in court, it will never happen and sometimes it makes me wistful. You're all so insightful and everyones experiences e.g @colouredlines and her time in SA and all the other countless heartfelt responses just make me *feel* things. Not in a pants way, but in a unified way. Also, one of the few places were people can have differing opinions without all hell breaking loose and I really respect that.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Still catching up but I just want to ask if anyone, anyone at all knows why she holds the bowls like this? She has seriously ugly, gnarly old looking hands, they put me off eating this food and certainly don't enhance it in any way at all - quite the opposite. My hands look better than hers and I am 15 years older, how can she have such battered, sinewy looking hands for someone who is only in their early 30s and sits in front of a computer all day?! You are selling food love, keep your hands out of shot, between them and your mucky nails they are stomach churning.
She tweets 75 thousand times a day. Ages the hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I've just revisited Thread #31. Had to laugh when @MrsOgre asked (before the chaos) 'I hope I haven't missed anything exciting'?

Then @FrumpyCat referring to the This Morning gig as, 'the media equivalent to a pity duck'.

@Harrybosch wins legend status with all posts.

But I love @heretoreaditall2019 refer to Tattle as, 'our yard'.

Now I am off for a piss and a sandwich. Thank (space) you.
My favourite moment was @TheDragonWithAFlagon suggesting Jack grow a herb garden 🤣🤣🤣

And then the speculation over which ex Tattler Mrs J was.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Still catching up but I just want to ask if anyone, anyone at all knows why she holds the bowls like this? She has seriously ugly, gnarly old looking hands, they put me off eating this food and certainly don't enhance it in any way at all - quite the opposite. My hands look better than hers and I am 15 years older, how can she have such battered, sinewy looking hands for someone who is only in their early 30s and sits in front of a computer all day?! You are selling food love, keep your hands out of shot, between them and your mucky nails they are stomach churning.
I think part of it is genuinely her arthritis, but it’s not at all improved by whatever filter/editing she uses to make her food look “good”, but would make anyone’s hands look odd - and the dirty nails just 🤮

Reactions: 13
I wonder if Brexit tin thief Louisa Compton from channel 4 news really was on Tattle or if she just said it to shut up Jack who was banging on about the ninnies. “Yes Jack I went there and said some really good things about you but they banned me and deleted the receipts so you won’t see it”

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Is it bad that I saw that one of my daughters has decorated her son's bedroom and I thought of you?
(I have no idea what your teeth look like, rest assured, dear heart).
Also, when Ms. Monroe was talking about looking at corporate pages on Instagram etc etc, has she cast her shark eyes over the Linda McCartney one recently, only 62 comments and most of them are scathing. Lots of squiggles joining the dots.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It's the Oliver Twist 'please sir, can I have some more?' vibe that does it for me. It's such an unnatural way to hold a bowl. I've honestly never seen anyone hold a bowl or plate in that way and I've seen some sights.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
My favourite moment was @TheDragonWithAFlagon suggesting Jack grow a herb garden 🤣🤣🤣

And then the speculation over which ex Tattler Mrs J was.
I’ve got my emergency questions™️ ready if she ever comes back. I wish I’d been here but I think I would die of second hand embarrassment- I can hardly watch the YouTube singing.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think part of it is genuinely her arthritis, but it’s not at all improved by whatever filter/editing she uses to make her food look “good”, but would make anyone’s hands look odd - and the dirty nails just 🤮
She claims EDS and the appearance of her particular hands would support that 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve got my emergency questions™️ ready if she ever comes back. I wish I’d been here but I think I would die of second hand embarrassment- I can hardly watch the YouTube singing.
You’re going to ask her whether she wants a hand made of ham or an armpit which dispenses sun cream?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Just popping in to say I haven't replied to it but will plan on doing so.
Also - insert big red alarming triangle (or essential fancy wooden one) but my line of work is actually in upholding rights and voices including those of children so I'll certainly be bringing that into future correspondence.

OT: but I had a thought the other night that the cabal are some of the people I would most like to sit around a table with, and unless we really do end up in court, it will never happen and sometimes it makes me wistful. You're all so insightful and everyones experiences e.g @colouredlines and her time in SA and all the other countless heartfelt responses just make me *feel* things. Not in a pants way, but in a unified way. Also, one of the few places were people can have differing opinions without all hell breaking loose and I really respect that.
I hope someday the cabal can have a meetup, whether on an assigned bench by the sea, in our second home of Edinburgh, picking lemons in a Cypriot grove, or in the Groucho craning our necks at Redcar. Someday!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
@discokebab thank you. I think the “feral” label was emotive because in the context of the information it was “blaming” the child for behaviours which are known to be related to either neglect or disability.
It is not the child’s fault if they have not been previously adequately cared for. That does not make them a hilarious oddity.

• Heart
  • Sad
I just saw that the ADHD comic person Jack was responding to wants to make the "wrong assumptions about ADHD" series into cards to hand out to other people.

We all know that's right up Jack's alley (see: her alcoholic phase), but Christ, what a weird idea. I have GAD and I can't imagine how embarrassed I'd feel passing out "wrap me in cotton wool and never criticise me" cards.
I’m now reminded of a customer in a restaurant I used to work in years ago coming in with business cards with her list of food allergies one day (which isn’t the worst thing), however when she ordered a lamb dish once we then served it without the sauce as it contained peppers and paprika and she got really huffy about it as she seemed to forget previously giving us the card which made me think some of the allergies were self diagnosed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm keen to find out if Caroline (who has hands) is actually the Broccoli Casserole thief who is friends with Doris.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m now reminded of a customer in a restaurant I used to work in years ago coming in with business cards with her list of food allergies one day (which isn’t the worst thing), however when she ordered a lamb dish once we then served it without the sauce as it contained peppers and paprika and she got really huffy about it as she seemed to forget previously giving us the card which made me think some of the allergies were self diagnosed.
I wonder if you served one of my former colleagues. Made a big fuss about going to a particular Indian because it was trusted for nut free as she had a peanut allergy, which was fair enough until someone from her department told us all she frequently sat at her desk eating a snickers(!).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I hope someday the cabal can have a meetup, whether on an assigned bench by the sea, in our second home of Edinburgh, picking lemons in a Cypriot grove, or in the Groucho craning our necks at Redcar. Someday!
I refuse to meet anywhere less clean and organised than the home of @MancBee

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.