Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still on previous thread and I'm sure this has already been covered but by others...

But I've just received a response from the ed's team at the Graun. Basically the use of the word 'feral' was justified with 'it makes sense in context of the interview even tho derogatory' but they did agree to remove it from the photo caption as that had no context.

Apparently they received a few complaints so refresh your inboxes, cabal.

ETA - apparently its also OK cos its JM's first hand experience.
If she'd been describing some incident that couldn't be traced back to specific children, for example "I got off the bus early because a crowd of feral schoolchildren got on and starting wrecking the place" that'd be fair enough but people who lived in that house are able to read themselves being described as feral without any right of reply.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
You can bet if Boris Johnson or someone else called foster children 'feral' they would rightly be hauled over the coals for it. Jack gets a free pass as the Guardian's go to 'wheel out the acceptable face of poverty' spokesperson.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
God, I hate the slippery, disingenuous (as we know now, a direct synonym for "liar"), pass-ag way she ends her messages with "have a great day!" and "thanks!".

Such a bloody child.

1611064931823.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
And she can go to hell with “I put cheese on every bit of my tortilla” yet serve my dishes in saucers and my recipes have a tin of tomatoes between 4.
It's so annoying that she criticises other peoples' food! I've never, ever heard of her making a quesadilla despite the fact it would probably be right up in her niche (other than having texture and taste). THAT MAN made them on one of his most recent programmes, though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Isn't it weird that she can afford cheese, cheese, more cheese, EXTRA cheese but can't afford butter?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
04AC2F1A-568D-41A6-B4DB-633A87BCB3C7.png
She’s back and she is wrong as usual!
I actually tried the TikTok version and it was not dry at all.

shs is also on Instagram with the sporefilled rice

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
So glad she’s finally shared her opinion on the tortilla Tik Tok craze that’s been going round for weeks. Can’t to hear her views on the Harlem Shake and the Mannequin Challenge.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Corporate Instagram accounts? You mean like Linda McCartney? Del Monte? Yours? Pick one.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
So glad she’s finally shared her opinion on the tortilla Tik Tok craze that’s been going round for weeks. Can’t to hear her views on the Harlem Shake and the Mannequin Challenga
Maybe the weird sleeping photo was her entry for the Planking Challenge? it was popular in 2011 so seems about right on time for Jack to be catching up now

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Maybe the weird sleeping photo was her entry for the Planking Challenge? it was popular in 2011 so seems about right on time for Jack to be catching up now
I'd be more than happy to help her out with the ice bucket challenge when she hits 2013.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Me, laughing along at the jokes about how outdated Jack's references are despite never having seen a quesadilla tiktok myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
I got that reply re feral and also :

Regarding your other concerns about the choice of the interviewee, that is not something the readers' editor's office deals with - our job is to consider corrections and clarifications. That said, the head of features did read your anonymised concerns and acknowledged that Monroe is a person in the public eye about whom many people have strong and divided views. However, she said that didn't make her not worthy of interviewing and that the overwhelming feedback about the interview had been positive. If there is anything in particular within the article that you believe to be incorrect, please provide further details and we can look into it.

We have had a few other complaints about the same issue and will be sending a similar response to them too.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
God, I hate the slippery, disingenuous (as we know now, a direct synonym for "liar"), pass-ag way she ends her messages with "have a great day!" and "thanks!".

Such a bloody child.

View attachment 391635
duck off Jack, you bitched about trifle and now you’re having a pop at other people’s creations.

Have a look at some of the stuff you’ve presented as ‘food’ before you tut at others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 50
May 2019. If only she'd stuck to her guns, we could have been spared her spaghetti hoop pasta e ceci, her halloumi carbonara, her butter sausage curry and now her hot take on quesadillas.

Screenshot_20210119-154027_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
May 2019. If only she'd stuck to her guns, we could have been spared her spaghetti hoop pasta e ceci, her halloumi carbonara, her butter sausage curry and now her hot take on quesadillas.

View attachment 391688

"If I can help it".

I'm sure the cuisines of the world are so grateful for your circumspection.

Get in the fricking sea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I got that reply re feral and also :

Regarding your other concerns about the choice of the interviewee, that is not something the readers' editor's office deals with - our job is to consider corrections and clarifications. That said, the head of features did read your anonymised concerns and acknowledged that Monroe is a person in the public eye about whom many people have strong and divided views. However, she said that didn't make her not worthy of interviewing and that the overwhelming feedback about the interview had been positive. If there is anything in particular within the article that you believe to be incorrect, please provide further details and we can look into it.

We have had a few other complaints about the same issue and will be sending a similar response to them too.
Maybe instead of such a pathetic response, having had a few other complaints about the same issue, they should get the person who said such a hateful word to apologise.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.