Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still on previous thread and I'm sure this has already been covered but by others...

But I've just received a response from the ed's team at the Graun. Basically the use of the word 'feral' was justified with 'it makes sense in context of the interview even tho derogatory' but they did agree to remove it from the photo caption as that had no context.

Apparently they received a few complaints so refresh your inboxes, cabal.
This makes me fume!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Yeah, I never cook rice specifically to make fried rice, it's something I do with leftovers. I mean, sometimes I'll plan a day or so ahead so that if I'm making rice for something else one night, I'll make double the quantity I need just so I've got some in my fridge the next day. Rice for (egg) fried rice should always be fried from cold anyway.
I always thought this too and I still only cook it from leftovers cold as it's what I'm used to but this guy insists that egg fried rice should be cooked from fresh rice and I'm inclined to believe him because all of his food looks absolutely unreal! Makes me wish i lived in Birmingham (i just wanted an excuse to share his insta...duck Jack and her poisonous looking brown sludge inexplicably served in a takeaway container...wtaf)

edit: oops can't share insta accounts. His handle is @oishinboy ... this is the start of his grid

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 1.40.42 pm.png

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Grandmother was English. I may be dreaming but certain she has said her granddad moved here and married 'someone local' before setting up his guest house slumlandlord empire.
Quite possibly got it wrong, but as others have said, she has never mentioned either grandmother.
Her grandmother was June Whitfield (RIP). It has to be true, the BBC told me.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I have a horrible feeling she's about to diagnose herself as having diabetes.
It would not surprise me tbh. Or at least go through the motions of being tested, and keep the squiggles all on tenterhooks as to what might be wrong with her 🙄.

I'll be glad if she has a quiet day, think we need the break! Pisses and sandwiches all round guys!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Still on previous thread and I'm sure this has already been covered but by others...

But I've just received a response from the ed's team at the Graun. Basically the use of the word 'feral' was justified with 'it makes sense in context of the interview even tho derogatory' but they did agree to remove it from the photo caption as that had no context.

ETA - apparently its also OK cos its JM's first hand experience.
Knew they would say that it was reporting what Jack said.
This is the kind of thing that would enrage adopted/fostered children’s rights advocates
She should apologise

• Heart
Reactions: 40

I haven't had a reply but will challenge it if a similar one comes my way.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Morning tattlers! Saw this and thought of Jack...
I hate this trend so much, so many middle class people use "We didn't have much growing up"

*smash cut to every sibling having their own bicycle, holidays every year, brand name clothing, plenty of food, tellies in their rooms and a fancy education*

It's jack to a T like, but also half the influencers in London and probably half the writers in the guardian

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
So not only is she trawling twitter, tattle, instagram but she also has time to trawl tiktok as well! What a life, gosh wish I could find someone to pay me to piss about all day at home 🤬
Be fair. She changed her twitter bio this morning and therefore deserves a rest.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
So not only is she trawling twitter, tattle, instagram but she also has time to trawl tiktok as well! What a life, gosh wish I could find someone to pay me to piss about all day at home 🤬
She's so so tired, though! Can't you tell from all the pictures she stays awake to take of herself sleeping?

She clearly needs a little downtime.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
making up ~controversial opinions~ of a viral cookery video just so people will disagree for likes... snore 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Is this something the press complaints committee would deal with?
No. A long and involved explanation is available.
The press self regulates. Some papers formed a committee.
The Graun regulates itself
And it’s a direct quote, the fault is with Monroe

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I'm going to crowd fund a can opener because it's always been a dream of mine to have one. My forever opener 😍
I think it would be wise to FORENSICALLY test a number of can openers before settling on the forever opener. I would also strongly recommend buying only the most expensive openers so you can hold a yard sale if there's a The Poverty style chaos with snarling bailiffs and brown envelopes of doom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Ffs this response makes so sense. It is pandering to her in every way. No point dignifying it with examples.

She will never apologise for using the word “feral”.

Ever.

And she can go to hell with “I put cheese on every bit of my tortilla” yet serve my dishes in saucers and my recipes have a tin of tomatoes between 4.

😢

• Sad
Reactions: 43
Has she got nothing better to do?
Feed children? Finish her book? Send out stuff people have paid for? Spend time with her son?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This makes me fume!
I've had the same response. :mad: You can call foster children 'feral' in MSM and get away with it. The term isn't general either, it is applicable to at least one of the finite number of children fostered by that family.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.