Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I’MBUSY!

Chatty Member
Good morning I was all fired up to post the COVID timeline but you are all on it. Skilz.

I am thinking after looking at the rice that SB might prefer proper meals to a promise of a big house in the future... omg give him a proper dinner, maybe some fish from the freezer?

In other news we lined up at a dusty PCR test centre yesterday to get my kids tested and they both got their negative results in the night, so we are just looking at a few more days in quarantine until we can go back to school, thank goodness.
Really pleased to hear that, waffle maker! Good news x

• Heart
Reactions: 24

bladiesla

VIP Member
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
I really think Jack's writing has become worse over the years, she could do with an editor (plenty of professional boggers have editors)

• Haha

jenny2603

VIP Member
This is the one time where I'll defend Jack. Peanut butter added to some instant noodles is delicious and really elevates the flavours!
I've been known to add peanut butter to a stir fry sauce for noodles myself but I will not stand for Jack violating the Bombay Bad Boy - the finest of all the Pot Noodles.

• Haha
  • Heart
While Jack is off saving the children, can I interest you in what may be her worst piece of prose ever? It's her tribute to Nigella, written in Nigella style.

TRIGGER WARNING: it contains a direct reference to her fingernails: I carefully underscored words with an absent-minded fingernail (imagine the state of the book after that). Also her seduction technique is mentioned. Tread carefully...
Oh my. I wonder if Nigella has ever read this 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
I love pinapple fried rice (which I make whenever M&S has fresh pineaple as their fruit on offer :)) ! Actually made it yesterday night :) (with cashews, red pepper, spring onion, garlic, lime, tofu,soy sauce and some coriander leaves).

Her fried rice looks boring. Nothing interesting going on. It's like she doesn't even try to make it look appealing
Pineapple fried rice is absolutely gorgeous with a bit of satay sauce. One of my favourite things.

• Heart

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
why does this matter?

Thing about Roadside Mum is she’s someone who’s relying on these free school meals and has been shafted. Even if she’s problematic, in whichever way, I feel uncomfortable with a lot of the posts being made about her because she’s not the focus of this thread and is someone who took delivery of a couple of warm frubes and a carrot etc to feed her child/ren with, whether that was for 5/10 days it’s not a space you come from with a sense of self respect and dignity so if she’s fire in her belly I don’t blame her. Jack getting in her head yeah we have a legitimate cause to rail against that, but the rest? I feel like we are punching down.
I respect your opinion.

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Actually less complicated than a Jack style Pot Noodle which horrifyingly includes peanut butter because she is a horse bothering kitchen liability.
This is the one time where I'll defend Jack. Peanut butter added to some instant noodles is delicious and really elevates the flavours!

• Wow
  • Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Gosh it's all getting messy. I'm such a wimp if I was her I would have just called it a day refused the parcel from them , asked my friends who could to boycott and make my kids their own sandwiches with what I could.

I'd avoid courts and lawyers at all costs. It's just not worth it if you lose and against people like them it's usually the case.
It’s very messy.
I know we’re all cut from a different cloth and some thrive on confrontation but there’s no way anyone can take on Chartwell, their connections and money without having some of the same.

• Sad
  • Wow

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I had a quick peek at Roadside Mum's Twitter page. She uses the word "chumocracy", which Jack has been very fond of this week. I haven't lived in the UK in a very long time - is this word commonly used? Because if not, I get a bit of a sinking feeling...
I've honestly never used it, nor heard it used 🤷. WTF does it mean anyway? 😂

• Haha