Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I've honestly never used it, nor heard it used 🤷. WTF does it mean anyway? 😂
I’d never heard it either! Apparently it is -
“a derogatory term for a ruling elite that is made up of people from the same background who went to the same schools/universities and know each other socially”

• Wow
Reactions: 25

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Making a slow cooker chilli and look what fucking happened. My ring pull! I don't own a can opener. I howled and clawed and screamed into the void. Then I asked if my neighbour had one I could borrow and she left it outside my door.

Woe.
The utter bastard , bloody ring pull!

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Congratulations to the three musketeers on the thread title and thank you @Pixieboots on creating the new thread and excellent recap 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Aug1977

I’m crying with laughter at outsourcing cuntiness. Thunderflap had me as well. A most welcome guffaw after the hell that is home Ed today.

• Haha

Fruitjack

VIP Member
Who does this? Seriously, who the fuck does this? No one does this, why does she make up such lies? Why?
Seriously? What actual adult hugs the telly? Fucking idiot.
Do you know who does this? Toddlers. Like when teletubbies started there was an urban myth going around that toddlers were being crushed by toppling TVs because they hugged the tellies when they said 'Big Hugs'

Ugh, I'm opening wine..
I’m not drinking in the week but I might have to join you.

• Haha

Flash123

VIP Member
97F5EB6C-DF23-4D06-B9D3-6FCB5580420F.png

Good old NI protestant Jack making an appearance- I’m meaning this in a lighthearted way obvs...

• Haha

Aug1977

What kind of saddo must you be, if the first thing you can think of to introduce yourself, is that you once used a food bank, 10 years ago? 🙄

Give her a few months and she'll be "on it".
Because she is utterly traumatized by it and still has PTSD. Clearly because she never ever thought she would have to stoop so low. It’s a real giveaway of her views about poverty.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Hi Fraus!
I deleted my old account but decided I couldn't live without you all...
Looks like I have a mega grunk ahead of me!
Hope you are all well and living the dream.
Hi, I deleted my old account too but couldn’t resist coming back , enjoy catching up😉

• Heart
  • Haha

sioc

Bored so had a look at the insta. On the pic of fish in bags (#gifted #rip) a squiggle has commented that the ‘rona can survive in the freezer so she better be careful if she still had symptoms when she bagged it up!
No worries there then.

• Haha

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Yes, I'd personally like to see all private companies out of school catering because I think the focus should be on health and equipping children with a good understanding of nutrition, developing healthy habits and so on. But that's a long term goal, the immediate focus needs to be on ensuring children are getting enough to eat.
Me too, I think there is a lot of work to do in this area. The challenge is huge as the picture is so mixed across different schools. There are also challenges surrounding what children will eat and the equipment and experience staff have.
I know of a school that employs a qualified chef, he cooks everything from scratch and the school accept additional food donations from a supermarket that would be binned. His food is incredible.

But these two thinking they can get rid of Chartwells with a few angry tweets in the middle of a pandemic is utterly ludicrous.

• Heart

Tabitha D

VIP Member
The whole episode is an embarrassment and a wasted opportunity. You cannot publicly call the MD a ****ing idiot for 'likes' and expect respect in return.

View attachment 391907

Whatever happened to Camila Batmanghelidjh? Hope no-one is uncomfortable with the question, but some treated her like a Goddess in these issues.

View attachment 391915
She was last heard of a couple of months back fighting court proceedings to ban her as a company director - she was citing all kinds of illnesses in court (sound familiar?).
I think the Charity Commission is still investigating the Kids Company shitshow but has been held up due to the court proceedings.