Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't be surprised if a squiggle had something to do with it...
They are not happy over there

Jack Monroe? Whose food looks consistently disgusting? Whose tip is about being kind but in her recent guardian article describes foster children as "feral" and instigates twitter pile ons? Who uses low quality meat and lard (not butter though, she can't afford that even though she's being paid by Hellman's, Del Monte, Linda McCartney, and receiving royalties from her books, and being paid by The Guardian, countless TV shows and receives a minimum of £1,500 a month from suckered in patreons)? DHer "butter chicken" curry made with Linda McCartney sausages and beans is completely unappetising.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Aw! Isn't Flooflebot ADORABLE*. He can join Grifty Shades in the long list of things you can send Jack money for and get the square root of duck all in return. I do think he should be named after his main function like all the other Smol pricks so I suggest Fleecebot.

*Not really I want to boot the twee little prick up into the air.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Morning frauen...

On the subject of lactose intolerance - it is possible to be intolerant and still be absolutely fine. I am a living example of this! The production process for making most cheese generally removes the lactose that causes the gut issues.

I cannot go near milk, cream or ice cream (nor can I touch non-cow-milk substitutes because one look at anything resembling milk makes me want to boak) but I love cheese.

As a child of the 70s / 80s I spent quite a lot of time religiously throwing up after being forced to drink the warm milk bottles at school (I know many of us did because they were never properly stored) and being given hot milk by my grandparents...I had not idea it was an actual thing and I just refused to consume it from age 7...before I knew I was intolerant.

Obviously that doesn't negate the fact that SHE MAY BE LYING but I do have to just stand up for the old factettes here :).
I was what my mum describes “fondly” as exorcist level lactose intolerant as a very small child, but have mostly grown out of it now as long as I don’t overdo it (the day I ate a whole tub of B&Js as a student because it was the thing everyone did will haunt me forever). I still can’t tolerate a glass of milk or milk sub though as I just associate the smell and taste with being sick.

Lactose particularly seems to have the biggest possible variation, and I’m generally happy to take peoples words about intolerances or something not agreeing with them. It’s when they claim allergies that gets my goat, it undermines it and ends up being quite dangerous for people with real allergies.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Between fish, eggs and excess lactose whilst having an intolerance her bathroom must be a fun place to visit 😳

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
So I can only see 20 odd comments on Linda mcs IG out of 66 majority of which are negative.

can anybody see them all?

Reactions: 15
Between fish, eggs and excess lactose whilst having an intolerance her bathroom must be a fun place to visit 😳
Don't forget her tomato allergy that her sympathetic doctor gently, softly consoled her about when she wailed that life wasn't fair.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.