Jack Monroe #137 NarcLife by Bootstrap Crook

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does southend run to a premier in perchance? If so, I'm up for it, I means obvs we could have stayed at her grandads place but I presume it's been sold
Probably for the best tbh, £10 a night and child labour cleaning the rooms would feel like

60161573-2FC4-483D-BA4A-872229D41FEF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Bored so had a look at the insta. On the pic of fish in bags (#gifted #rip) a squiggle has commented that the ‘rona can survive in the freezer so she better be careful if she still had symptoms when she bagged it up!
No worries there then.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Morning frauen...

On the subject of lactose intolerance - it is possible to be intolerant and still be absolutely fine. I am a living example of this! The production process for making most cheese generally removes the lactose that causes the gut issues.

I cannot go near milk, cream or ice cream (nor can I touch non-cow-milk substitutes because one look at anything resembling milk makes me want to boak) but I love cheese.

As a child of the 70s / 80s I spent quite a lot of time religiously throwing up after being forced to drink the warm milk bottles at school (I know many of us did because they were never properly stored) and being given hot milk by my grandparents...I had not idea it was an actual thing and I just refused to consume it from age 7...before I knew I was intolerant.

Obviously that doesn't negate the fact that SHE MAY BE LYING but I do have to just stand up for the old factettes here :).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Morning frauen...

On the subject of lactose intolerance - it is possible to be intolerant and still be absolutely fine. I am a living example of this! The production process for making most cheese generally removes the lactose that causes the gut issues.

I cannot go near milk, cream or ice cream (nor can I touch non-cow-milk substitutes because one look at anything resembling milk makes me want to boak) but I love cheese.

As a child of the 70s / 80s I spent quite a lot of time religiously throwing up after being forced to drink the warm milk bottles at school (I know many of us did because they were never properly stored) and being given hot milk by my grandparents...I had not idea it was an actual thing and I just refused to consume it from age 7...before I knew I was intolerant.

Obviously that doesn't negate the fact that SHE MAY BE LYING but I do have to just stand up for the old factettes here :).
So...cheese is okay but you probably wouldn't buy, say, a few litres of yellow sticker milk while on holiday in Edinburgh? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Morning frauen...

Agreed! It annoyed me when Ruby Tandoh (who normally I quite like) presented as a "gotcha" in her book Eat Up that her lactose-intolerant girlfriend reacts badly to milk but when they were in Italy on holiday, ate pasta with parmesan with no problems. That's perfectly possible!

Reactions: 33
I’m not sure she has arthritis because she has lied about so many different ailments. Her idea of arthritis is probably an ache in her hand.
Not being reductive to people who genuinely have arthritis.
Aching hand: arthritis
Being disorganised: ADHD
Getting ear worms: autism
Small birthmark: disfigurement
Thirsty in the night: Long Covid
Feeling farty: lactose intolerant

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Agreed! It annoyed me when Ruby Tandoh (who normally I quite like) presented as a "gotcha" in her book Eat Up that her lactose-intolerant girlfriend reacts badly to milk but when they were in Italy on holiday, ate pasta with parmesan with no problems. That's perfectly possible!
Agree. As someone who has family members with food intolerances, it is frustrating how many people are trying to pick holes when they don't fully understand the complexity. Coeliac and gluten-intolerance is another good example. Coeliacs are fully allergic and really cannot eat any gluten (even though they may actually feel fine if they do, problem is their bodies aren't fine and it can lead to bowel cancer, etc.). People with gluten-intolerance or sensitivities may be able to have some gluten, but wouldn't be able to eat a whole pizza, for example. Doesn't mean that their intolerance isn't real.

Yes, we all know that person who just uses food to be special and get attention, but I tend to believe people and accept that even when things may look inconsistent to me, I'm not with them every single time they eat and therefore I don't know the full picture.

Back on topic, Jack is still an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Jack thinking about the cheap wet ham and milk she devoured in her Edinburgh hotel room.
She's so incredibly vegan!

I can't shop laughing at the utter morons over at Linda McCartney HQ who have PAID Jack Monroe to represent them for Veganuary. What the actual hell? Was there a work experience person working in their PR department who was left unsupervised for the afternoon and they ended up with Jack on their payroll? It would actually be funny if she wasn't being paid to do it. But of course I'm sure her next rent will bounce because she is POOR!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She's so incredibly vegan!

I can't shop laughing at the utter morons over at Linda McCartney HQ who have PAID Jack Monroe to represent them for Veganuary. What the actual hell? Was there a work experience person working in their PR department who was left unsupervised for the afternoon and they ended up with Jack on their payroll? It would actually be funny if she wasn't being paid to do it. But of course I'm sure her next rent will bounce because she is POOR!
I wouldn't be surprised if a squiggle had something to do with it...

Reactions: 20
Morning frauen...

Oh God I’m the same. Certain things I can digest and certain things not (milk and cheese the biggest culprits). Though I love cream and ice cream so will take the risk and accept the consequences...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She's deleted at least one photo from her insta grid - the orzo with cat poo. She might have deleted others but I have a very bad short term memory and can't remember what else was there.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She's deleted at least one photo from her insta grid - the orzo with cat poo. She might have deleted others but I have a very bad short term memory and can't remember what else was there.
Lots of photos of bowls containing things that looked like they had been previously digested?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Also looking over her twitter TL from last night and I know it's not Jack but what kind of dimwitted #journorequest is this?

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 09.47.21.png

'Can you name people who have a dog? Anyone, anyone?'

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Has she gone viral yet?
No and I don't even feel guilty taking the piss as I've just scrolled down that person's twitter TL and she's written a book about dogs (which, fine) but just a few days ago she shared one of those 'hahaha look at how cute and funny this dancing dog is' when it's clear the dog in question has a serious illness, and those are the kind of twitter posts which make me mad as hell from normal people never mind ~dog experts~. Sorry for slight rant but I had to get that off my chest. TWITTER IS THE WORST.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.