Jack Monroe #136 We lived in a house, it had a roof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a grunk of RM’s twitter and it looks like there is a hoo-har about which charity gets the promised “soz” donation off Charty Charlie. She couldn’t say off the top of her head in the call on Friday. There are charities she wouldn’t donate to because of how they have treated travelling communities. It’s all a bit random and “let’s wait til tomorrow” and loads of piley-on “eat the rich” stuff
Edit 🥕hello carrot my old friend...
👋👋 hi
too short

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
ETA this tweet. I feel for her.

View attachment 389718

but you started saying some very angry aggressive and threatening things about Chartwells Charlie and having a go at anyone so maybe people thought you had a thick enough skin for Twitter scrutiny. Twitter is the worst, it’s full of trolls and argumentative eggs who can say what they like, the mainstream Wild West of socials. Isn’t the first rule of social media don’t read the comments?

sorry deleted quote by accident

Reactions: 29
His nose looks better. Being a doubter, did it heal naturally? Did she take him to the vet for topical meds? Or did she touch it up in photoshop?
He is no longer sunbathing, unfortunately skin cancer is a real issue for animals, some horses require sunblock on their noses in summer and cats do lose their ears 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I'm sad to see how quickly Roadside Mum seems to have changed. It's definitely seems like it's no longer about feeding children with her, and it never was with Jack anyway. Hopefully their actions don't hurt the actual campaigners too much, because they're rapidly dragging it down to angry toddler level 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
One squiggle on twitter said Jack Monroe isnt doing Veganuary anyway. Dunno if that's right but they really should have checked
No she isn't doing it - that revolting raw scrambled egg was in January.
but you started saying some very angry aggressive and threatening things about Chartwells Charlie and having a go at anyone so maybe people thought you had a thick enough skin for Twitter scrutiny.
I think this is right - you set your own tone on Twitter and then people respond in like and think you are up for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Thing is JM doesn't actually GAF about this campaign, which is why she's happy to try to torpedo it by making it all about drama, clout and pile ons, turning RM against MR, and happy to tit on MR, TK, et al's letter in her little article today in the Guardian that she is pretending didn't happen.

I said it before and I will say it again - bleeping plank.
Who is TK please?

Reactions: 6
BTW, I do think there is a place in protest for anger (because ther is so much right now to be angry about as well) and dismisisng people because they are not expressing themseves eloquently enough can be a way of repressing their voices. And social media, despite being the open sewer that it is, has made some voices more easily heard compared to just having traditional media.

But then with protest on social media and the dopamine hit you get form likes (I would be totally sensitive to that, knowing myself) it can get ugly without it being effective, and damaging to yourself as well. Never mind that hot takes on Twitter rarely change the world.

(Can't remember the point I'm trying to make, haha).

• Haha
Both Jack and RM have children but are spaffing their energy up the wall on Twitter rows. It’s pathetic.

I always believe you catch more flies with honey and people will listen to you if you put your point across calmly and with respect - I accept you might need a bit of jumping up and down to get to the right ear but, once you are there, there’s no point continuing to wail and scream because people don’t want to listen to that and your message is lost.

Look at MR. I haven’t checked but I hazard a guess that he will get some horrific and vile abuse on Twitter, yet we don’t see him engaging with it or having a tantrum.

Shouting loudest doesn’t mean you have the best point. It just means you don’t understand the best tactics.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wonder how her chat with Chartwells will go today..

View attachment 389725
I am more concerend for her than them. They will have had training on difficult conversations and wil have a desire to not escalate. Or they will know how to disengage themselves 'gracefully'. If RM on the other hands wants to pick a fight but goes in full throttle like she did on Twitter, it could turn out quite dissapointing for her. Hope she knows what she wants to get out of it while goign in and is realistic about it (rather than fuming)

Guys I joined this thread way back in the autumn and everytime I go to treat myself to THE thread 31 a chaos ensues ! 😂😂😂😂 I will get there I will get there 💪🏼
My insomnia was raging last night so I treated myself to a rerun. Even though I knew exactly what was going to happen I gasped out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
And here comes Jack trying to insert herself into things and take credit again, “I didn’t tag you” is just to make sure people know that it is one of Jack’s tweets that started this. 🙄🙄
Honestly, these two are as bad as each other.
Shame she tweeted the wrong Boris 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The spiraling on SM reminds me of the episode of I Will Destroy You. The on where Arrabella goes down the black social media hole, allienating friends while being high on likes she gets while lashing out at strangers online.
Yes! And she gets incredibly self righteous with people including those who are trying to help because the social media love makes her feel like she can do no wrong. Very good exploration of the perils of this sort of thing, Michaela Cole is a genius.

Reactions: 24
Both Jack and RM have children but are spaffing their energy up the wall on Twitter rows. It’s pathetic.

I always believe you catch more flies with honey and people will listen to you if you put your point across calmly and with respect - I accept you might need a bit of jumping up and down to get to the right ear but, once you are there, there’s no point continuing to wail and scream because people don’t want to listen to that and your message is lost.

Look at MR. I haven’t checked but I hazard a guess that he will get some horrific and vile abuse on Twitter, yet we don’t see him engaging with it or having a tantrum.

Shouting loudest doesn’t mean you have the best point. It just means you don’t understand the best tactics.
The replies to anything Marcus tweets that aren’t football are always the most sick making, soul destroying things you could ever read, and there’s literally hundreds and hundreds of them, from all over the world. He quite rightly totally ignores them.

edit to add I just looked again and more recently they’ve been much better. But a few months ago I read them and felt sick.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Quite. One can only imagine the appalling tit he must receive on a regular basis.

Jack and RM have to move past the emotive 'children are going hungry and this is wrong' level of debate. We all know this. That is the 'sexy' easy part - therefore the most tempting part to dwell on for 'likes'. The hard work begins when the tedious grunt work kicks in without fanfare. It involves being sensible and accepting inevitable compromises. And dealing maturely with people you probably would rather not have to.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I hope Jack has slept. I hope she spends a bit less time on Twitter this week. I hope RM gets some training in social media and media before she goes much further down this route. It’s very sad to see how it’s playing out to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
This is making me uncomfortable.

Just want Marcus, Tom and That Man to quietly handle the issue so we can go back to the wholesome hilarity of grated corned beef tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.