Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aaaargh! I've just gone back to #132 to catch up and attachments are back, but they're all wrong and random!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
It does read like a puff piece written by an agent.

Just my opinion of course!
I still haven't read the whole thing but the snippets that have popped up on here do come across like that. The article doesn't seem to have any point other than to boost Jack's image. A hastily knocked together bit of damage limitation perhaps, given her behaviour over Twitter in the last week, and the amount of people she's managed to upset?

Not sure why else they'd give Jack yet another opportunity to regurgitate her origin story yet again.

Reactions: 27
SB's birthday is 31st March, @Blurp.

View attachment 386743
So around 19 months old when she resigned. Depending on how much maternity leave she took, she must have been back at work for 6 months to a year. Wonder how much of the childcare is related to the break up with her partner (Hazel the police officer or SB's dad given how het her column about dating as a single mother is?); police do shifts too.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Do you work for Companies House by any chance?
I paid my accountant to set my business up as a Limited company because I wanted it to be done right and he listed my date of birth incorrectly. Apparently you can’t change it so he had to resign me as a Director on there and add me as a new Director. It annoys me so much to see on there, but I found I couldn’t open a business bank account until it was changed because my details didn’t match up. So I’m surprised JM has been able to just leave her DOB on there, incorrectly, large as life!

• Wow
Reactions: 46
The narc high is rising again this morning, wherever will this day take us?!!

Absolutely fascinating re: her old blog posts. In my (obviously speculating) mind this is how I imagine it went: Jack got job with the fire service because Daddy put in a good word for her, Jack then had a big strop in her usual Jack fashion and quit, Jack was furious with Daddy for not helping her get said job back (probably because she was a terrible employee and nobody wanted her back), which was compounded by her general fury at the fact that her parents dedicate so much of their time to these 'feral' foster children and Jack, being a pathological attention seeker, wants the focus to be just on her. Jack envies the foster children from difficult backgrounds and deduces that having a difficult life is the best way to be the centre of attention. So Jack 'shows them' by cutting them off for a bit and then making as VERY big song and dance about how poor she was to any local paper that would listen, until somehow it became national news: and thus a monster was born.

Spot on I reckon!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’d say that’s a waste of a bleeping decade, Jack. Imagine what you *could* have done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Aren't supermarkets being forced to hike the prices of certain fresh produce because of the nature of our exit from the EU? Y'know, the referendum she didn't participate in.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Oh dear, trying to provide (an unwanted) catch-up to mr v on all this khaos 😆- quote ‘feel like I’m living with her’ - luckily the slop I provide is sometimes edible 🕵🏻‍♀️🕵🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.