Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The night she posted the bit about the thing for alcoholic people to focus on whilst in recovery ( was it a little squishy dinosaur...? Can't remember), I'd just come back from an evening with a friend who is having a terrible struggle with alcohol.

It was so awful to see her like that... I didn't know what to do... We did an AA zoom meeting, then I ended up calling a crisis team. No little soft toy, however cute, would have helped in that situation. I was terrified.

That's why, no matter how sorry for JM I might ever consider feeling, I just think she's a big ol' phoney.

Gawd, sorry to be a downer on a Friday.
She's such a bleeping hole (JM).

In other news:. Even tho I'm a big sweary Mary ... malcolm tuckerish... I hate it when the kiddies on junior bake off say oh my God instead of oh my gosh....😳😀

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 96
1. She has been an author for ages. That one makes no sense (and I doubt it was accidental, everything she does is calculated).

2. Surely it should read “low-budget recipe writer” ?

3. Where are her mysterious bylines? The Express? Because we should only expect her to write in the Guardian? Or am I missing the point?

She needs to stop dicking around with this; it looks really unprofessional and gives the impression that she has no idea who she is or what she wants to do with the platform she has.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
She hasn't got that many new ones recently, don't worry! She peaked at 366 in December, dropped to I think 357, and is now back to 362.
I’m sure it was 200 and something at the start of the week but admit my annoyance may have got in the way of accurate reading and I definitely didn’t know about keeping receipts. I do now though, thanks to everyone here. I’m actually glad if it hasn’t moved that much. It’s been enraging me thinking that this weeks performance has garnered so much more support. The whole thing is outrageous. For posterity (and my tit memory) she’s at 363 just now. How??? How the hell is she doing this?

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
The curry looks exactly how my placenta looked in the bowl when I excitedly asked to see it just after giving birth.

Sausage curry.
Absolutely barbaric.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
I am fascinated by the fact that she’s never been called out on her bullshit by anyone who’s known her in real life.No old school friends,no ex colleagues, family. Nothing,nada.
It would be bleeping glorious if someone turned up on a thread to spill the tea 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm still traumatised by the godawful blended beans and pickled onion 'soup' i saw on a Facebook group. What's the obsession with pickled onions ????
I haven’t seen this but I was making a tomato soup recently and I had the remainder of a tin of beans in and I fired it in (I didn’t rinse them) as just wanted to use them up. It actually tasted nice, plus was a bit of extra fibre for my veg dodging partner. Was just trying to avoid waste to be honest.

I’ve seen people make some sort of disgusting curry on slimming world with mushy peas which sounds rancid. Also I fail to see the point of Diet Coke chicken

• Sick
Reactions: 20
2021-01-15 23_23_06-Window.png

Just seen this from Bethany Rutter. Does this mean that Jack's also due a chunk of money around now?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
I’m sure it was 200 and something at the start of the week but admit my annoyance may have got in the way of accurate reading and I definitely didn’t know about keeping receipts. I do now though, thanks to everyone here. I’m actually glad if it hasn’t moved that much. It’s been enraging me thinking that this weeks performance has garnered so much more support. The whole thing is outrageous. For posterity (and my tit memory) she’s at 363 just now. How??? How the hell is she doing this?
If definitely wasn't 200. @colouredlines numbers are correct.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I am fascinated by the fact that she’s never been called out on her bullshit by anyone who’s known her in real life.No old school friends,no ex colleagues, family. Nothing,nada.
It would be bleeping glorious if someone turned up on a thread to spill the tea 🤣
Imagine the chronic Jack mania that she'd unleash.
I'm sure they just humor her poverty cosplay for peace and they probably know it brings her "success" & an income for her and SB.

Xx

Reactions: 21
Sausage curry.
Absolutely barbaric.
I would have thought that Linda McCartney would want to approve the recipes before she posted them. It is hard to imagine a group of people looking at this and saying 'Oh yes, this sounds lovely'.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Catching up. I had to stop watching the BBC appearance because it was too awkward. She really has no bigger ideas, does she?

I haven’t seen this but I was making a tomato soup recently and I had the remainder of a tin of beans in and I fired it in (I didn’t rinse them) as just wanted to use them up. It actually tasted nice, plus was a bit of extra fibre for my veg dodging partner. Was just trying to avoid waste to be honest.

I’ve seen people make some sort of disgusting curry on slimming world with mushy peas which sounds rancid. Also I fail to see the point of Diet Coke chicken
It pains me to see all of the SW recipes as they're mostly just low-fat, low-sugar, low-flavour versions of stuff that's already relatively low-calorie anyway. If you want a tin of tomato soup, there are dozens of brands and types to be found in stores, and none are very heavy. The amount of sweeteners in most of the recipes does tend to worry me a bit purely because I'm wary of artificial additives ...

I've added chickpeas and kidney beans to soups in the past, and I also hate wasting anything I've opened, so I'd say you're in the clear there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.