Jack Monroe #135 No measurable outcomes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not hurt in the slightest here are 50 thousand reasons why

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Another thread already- thanks @Pocahontas!

so to continue the things that don’t add up... left fire service Nov already has no stuff by Xmas? Then enough stuff including a piano and two guitars by the summer. Receipts end of last thread and here.

View attachment 385710
You need a hell of a lot of stuff to sell to make £3K. I don't know if I could do that with my possessions given second hand prices. Even my laptop (a fairly nice one purchased with disabled student allowance about a year ago) wouldn't raise much more than a couple of hundred second hand. I can see things like my corner sofa and chair making less than £100 and items of high street clothing would get a couple of quid each.

So she is saying shemade her child sit in a flat which was empty apart from a couple of beds and some kitchen essentials?

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I would have thought that Linda McCartney would want to approve the recipes before she posted them. It is hard to imagine a group of people looking at this and saying 'Oh yes, this sounds lovely'.
Linda McCartney is DEAD!

• Haha
Reactions: 80
I'm glad she's praising off RM as it should be. She's done a blinder.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You need a hell of a lot of stuff to sell to make £3K. I don't know if I could do that with my possessions given second hand prices. Even my laptop (a fairly nice one purchased with disabled student allowance about a year ago) wouldn't raise much more than a couple of hundred second hand. I can see things like my corner sofa and chair making less than £100 and items of high street clothing would get a couple of quid each.

So she is saying shemade her child sit in a flat which was empty apart from a couple of beds and some kitchen essentials?
The whole selling off toys thing sounds like bollocks. Has she never been to a car boot? People won't spend more than 20p on that sort of stuff. It's also ridiculously hard to get rid of things like furniture, even at a fraction of their new price.

But then, she did get a Nicole Fahri jacket for 50p right? So maybe she just has great luck with the buying and selling of second hand goods.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
There are even some really lovely fish curries out there (Thai curries and also a Goan curry I remember seeing in a cookbook somewhere?), but nah, slop is always on the menu.
Yes, there are! I cook a Madras Fish Curry frequently and it looks and tastes lovely and not like 'bung it in a curry'. It is also fairly cheap if you cook it with any frozen white fish.

Reactions: 18

Yes.

She also claimed to have nothing worth selling (May 2012).

Then she claimed to sell everything except 2 mugs, 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 glasses, 2 knives, 2 forks and 2 spoons (July 2012, the infamous Hunger Hurts).

Then I suppose she must have discovered her long-forgotten stash of guitars and fancy crockery under the bed, because she sold enough belongings in the Open House Sale to make 3 grand (August 2012).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
I am fascinated by the fact that she’s never been called out on her bullshit by anyone who’s known her in real life.No old school friends,no ex colleagues, family. Nothing,nada.
It would be bleeping glorious if someone turned up on a thread to spill the tea 🤣
Remember a month or so ago someone came on here claiming to have went to school with her? Who knows if it was legit or not, there was definitely no mention of any expulsion or scalpel theft though.
I sometimes wonder (just my thoughts, your honour), if her immediate family are in on it with her? Like at the start she quickly realised the image she‘d falsely portrayed was what got her attention, and asked them to keep quiet so she could continue to make money based on this lie?

Also, this is old news now, but I can’t believe she said she felt like a “character from Gogglebox”! They’re real people you ninny!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.