Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re a possible charity single Feed the children but to the tune of Feed the birds ala Mary Poppins??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Every day gets more exciting. Back in 2020 we would have written about that terrifying lunch she made all day!

I’m completely astonished by her mental statement about appearing to the prime minister- I picture it like the ghost of Christmas past. Maybe wearing all that makeup. Possibly the double shape wear, dunno.
I wouldn't put appearing and disappearing like the Cheshire Cat past her. It's the sort of creepy bizzarro thing she would do.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I completely agree. It’s unnecessary, and alienating to a lot of people.

Does anyone have any theories as to why she’s doing this? It’s the second time in two (?) days that she’s said this whole “we are a Christian country” thing. Before that she didn’t mention her religion much.
We know how calculating and manipulative she can be, so there must be some kind of angle she’s going for.
But even to her it should be obvious that it’s going to backfire, in the same way that her revolving door style Corbyn support did.
My mum was bipolar and a, not very regular, churchgoer, when she became very religious and started quoting or misquoting bible verses it was a sure sign she was heading for a massive breakdown.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
My mum was bipolar and a, not very regular, churchgoer, when she became very religious and started quoting or misquoting bible verses it was a sure sign she was heading for a massive breakdown.
I’m so sorry, I can’t even imagine how upsetting that must have been x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She chases anything and everything in the hopes that something will stick. I find the sheer amount of changes to her 'bio' to be seriously unhinged

Reactions: 27
I've gone into a cringe coma here. A statement!! What next? A press conference behind a lectern? The 'Leader of the Opposition' really went to her head.

I just looked up the verses in Matthew: 25
Feed and clothe etc etc
The preceding verses?
Ten virgins were waiting for the bridegroom, 5 were foolish and 5 were wise.
Don’t get me wrong. I love the biblical drama, Mick, but not sure policy should be guided by Matthew.

I think it reads like a combination of a love letter to LC or any future fiancée, along with a Ruby Rose vision of the future when justice catches up with her.

Matthew 25:34-40 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

Credit : @Marmalade Atkins 23/08/2020

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Can I j

Can I just ask is her Sunday background( church if you will) Presbyterian? Her Christian writings are very like there style. I know this because whilst not being one I used to attend their youth fellowship and was aware of their body off work.

By the way I don't care if she is or not, just a curious itch I'd like to scratch, I'm not reporting her to the elders?!
I think she's said in the past she's Baptist. Can't see there being any Presbyterian churches down in Southend.
She's far too showy for a Presbyterian ;-)

Reactions: 13
tom kerridge has just shared a very sensible looking letter to boris about fsm at half term.

it is co-signed by many people. has jack signed it?

no

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Fraus I'm coming from the past. I'm on Tuesday and she's just been on LBC. I'm grunking for my life. I desperately wanted to be back with you in time for the thunderclap but so much has happened since then I'm guessing SHE'S BUSY tonight.

Attachments currently not working so just having to guess what you're all angry reacting to in @Silver Linings wonderful screenshots.

The best bit has been seeing your avatars change and just knowing something exciting and beautiful is coming. First it happened with @HotesTilaire I was thinking who is this cute 'lil new slopbot-esque incarnation?! Then I discovered the utter joy of Psychic Slopbot! Well played @traumatised sideboard for this and so much else, we thank you.

Then @PoorPatrol had a new Jack avatar. At least I think it's Jack 🤔 Another one to add to the many faces of Jack!

She's been absolutely insufferable this week.
Mate, only Tuesday? I think that's about 100 years ago.
Buckle up and get snacks...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Urgh she's being such a twatty paternalistic twunt. She doesn't even get FSM or rely on meal boxes, yet she's elbowing to the front because reasons. "Feed the povvos".

Sit the duck down Jack you're embarrassing yourself again. You haven't a clue about what is going on in the lives of people who do rely on FSM, hampers, etc, and you are not giving them a chance to speak! Hogging the limelight and drowning out those who have real life experience of this. If only you'd finished your poverty tome, you might actually have something to contribute to the convo? Lol kidding.

PS. These threads are great for my abs and pelvic floor, between cringing myself inside out at JM and laughing myself silly at your comments. Thanks!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Jack seems to be missing from the signatories of this important letter, but she has been far too busy screaming LOOK AT MEEEEEEE on Twitter

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
We once had a very religious woman on our street she had big breakdowns and streaked twice, completely naked.

She ended up in a home bless her.

Also the next Christmas number one will be feed the kiiiidddsss let them know it was all my own work...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Absolutely the same with the ex-brother in law.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Jack seems to be missing from the signatories of this important letter, but she has been far too busy screaming LOOK AT MEEEEEEE on Twitter

NO, how could he???? he's....he's....tit, can't believe I'm typing this....he's only gone and teamed up with ......'THAT MAN'....

• Haha
Reactions: 60
THAT MAN 😂 Oh this is especially sweet. I love this. Huge pressure from important people PLUS Jack getting put in her box. Love it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.