Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The tick after her message is grey, that means (I think) that they have not exchanged any further messages. It also possibly means that he hasn't read it but I'm not sure. In my Twitter DMs they have a blue tick next to messages that have been read/ responded to.
I'm willing to bet my Cotswold collection she sent that yesterday. Why else would she cut off the date mark?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Wonder if her landlord sees her lying like this. I wouldn't want someone like jack living in my house. Why does she lie so much its exhausting. Surely social services must think it's an unstable home for SB being around that woman🙄

Reactions: 20
Just seen Cold War Steve’s latest masterpiece on FSM on FB and one of the comments is ‘where’s Jack?’ 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Snow day for me! Plenty of work to do but I can be warm and comfortable at home whilst doing it.

Squigs waking up.
388473-52a5f6f336e6d2981aa4601f42f73920.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
388477-1bc56882bfa45b3bf27e1e4c8db4edac.jpg

This has just dropped in my inbox, from the Povvo’s Pwincess. Looks like Thundercunting is on tonight, but unfortunately I’ll be unsubscribing from the Best for Britain emails if they’ve got her on board...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I have a friend who used to stay up for days on a ‘project’, he was bipolar.
but I also don’t think he was lying when he did it. Also when he did his projects, he didn’t just bleeping tweet pretending it was a job.

If you can’t afford your rent, maybe move somewhere cheaper and get off bleeping twitter.

Reactions: 44
Out of interest does anyone know which thread is the SHE LEFT one? And the shiny black eye?

Reactions: 9
What an absolutely epic grunk!

All I have to say is JM is a bleep, that’s literally the post.

However, we were having the conversation at work yesterday and I tried to talk about JM pushing herself into the narrative and the £20 shop - and my Manager actually supports her, and went a far as to say that the £20 shop was only for JM and the boy. According to her, Louisa Compton, Head of C4 News and Current Affairs and Brexit Tin Thief, wasn’t in the property at the time. I would tell her to look at Tattle but she would totally realise through my posting style which account is me! So JM has convinced a successful, intelligent woman that she’s actually some WC hero, I went to sit back at my desk as I couldn’t deal with it any longer and I wasn’t backing down on the matter. She’s shameless.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
The capitalistion thing has always read to me as "incoherent internet ranting" rather than anything relating to dis/ability, but I guess there's a history I don't know about?

Like many things JM types furiously, it's got a 'tone' to it as it represents a particular way of speaking - in this case, unlike her typing in the voice of an angry African American Woman to Marcus, it's her putting on a whining, babylike voice with an element of mimicking the stereotypes of somebody mentally disabled, whilst repeating their words back to them, and pulling a face at the same time.

I might not be explaining it very well. I'm working, so I'm doing this in between other things; You know when you're a little kid and a bully (or your big brother) has a go at you with his mates laughing at you? And you say 'That's not nice, I'm telling Mummy', to have him repeat 'I'm telling Mummy' back at you with added facepulling and *that* look in his eyes? That's the voice.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
But but-the Hellman’s 5 figure sum, the DKL, this morning, articles...
Wtf is she spending it all on then?
Dinosaur stress balls 🙄, not 1, but 2 sets of Sophie conrad crockery. Smog, toaster, makeup, brushes, Ocado, sentient mirror, boooooooooks, Cotswold catalogue 🥱😴

Reactions: 33
I didn't realise Roadside Mum was a Traveller at first (admittedly the name is a big clue) but duck, that makes this so much worse. Travellers are one of the most marginalised communities in the UK, and for Jack to go barrelling in there shouting "this is MY story!" is sick.

I get that the lack of FSM is an issue for many people from different backgrounds - but the Travelling community in particular is often stereotyped as uneducated, withdrawing kids from school, refusing to engage with the system etc. There's a deeper story here, about the system refusing to engage with people like Roadside Mum, and Jack - despite describing herself as both an author and a writer - cannot tell it.

PS a little trip down memory lane, those authentic working class summers with Aunt Helen before she became dusty...
388481-b5c6b87444b9ffad1a9984663065b1f1.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
What an absolutely epic grunk!

All I have to say is JM is a bleep, that’s literally the post.

However, we were having the conversation at work yesterday and I tried to talk about JM pushing herself into the narrative and the £20 shop - and my Manager actually supports her, and went a far as to say that the £20 shop was only for JM and the boy. According to her, Louisa Compton, Head of C4 News and Current Affairs and Brexit Tin Thief, wasn’t in the property at the time. I would tell her to look at Tattle but she would totally realise through my posting style which account is me! So JM has convinced a successful, intelligent woman that she’s actually some WC hero, I went to sit back at my desk as I couldn’t deal with it any longer and I wasn’t backing down on the matter. She’s shameless.
Then why does she say on her Insta the shops are for 3 people? 🤔🙂

Reactions: 42
I've only been here before to read the juicy thread where Jack stopped by, but had to pop back after reading their tweet this morning.

Is Jack actually claiming to have led the troops on this meal voucher U-turn? It very much sounds like it.
Michael Heseltine described Boris Johnson as "a man who waits to see which way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says ‘follow me". With a couple of tweaks that quote would pretty accurately sum Jack up too. For anyone new to Jack watching you can spot instantly that Jack has not led this campaign because it's been successful in it's short term aim.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I didn't realise Roadside Mum was a Traveller at first (admittedly the name is a big clue) but duck, that makes this so much worse. Travellers are one of the most marginalised communities in the UK, and for Jack to go barrelling in there shouting "this is MY story!" is sick.

I get that the lack of FSM is an issue for many people from different backgrounds - but the Travelling community in particular is often stereotyped as uneducated, withdrawing kids from school, refusing to engage with the system etc. There's a deeper story here, about the system refusing to engage with people like Roadside Mum, and Jack - despite describing herself as both an author and a writer - cannot tell it.

PS a little trip down memory lane, those authentic working class summers with Aunt Helen before she became dusty...
View attachment 388512
how do you have three gardens? Surely it’s just one duck off massive garden?

Landrover DISCOVERY not to be mistaken with another cheaper breed sweeties

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Like many things JM types furiously, it's got a 'tone' to it as it represents a particular way of speaking - in this case, unlike her typing in the voice of an angry African American Woman to Marcus, it's her putting on a whining, babylike voice with an element of mimicking the stereotypes of somebody mentally disabled, whilst repeating their words back to them, and pulling a face at the same time.

I might not be explaining it very well. I'm working, so I'm doing this in between other things; You know when you're a little kid and a bully (or your big brother) has a go at you with his mates laughing at you? And you say 'That's not nice, I'm telling Mummy', to have him repeat 'I'm telling Mummy' back at you with added facepulling and *that* look in his eyes? That's the voice.
I've done this before taking the pee out of contradictory old Jack. I do apologise if I've caused offense to anyone. I love that SpongeBob meme! (Sorry)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
how was the anna soubry thing a joke? it makes no sense. she's literally done that thing where you call someone out for being offensive and they go "oh my god, it was just a joke"

also, engaging with the likes of karen ingala bleeping smith? yeuch :sick:

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.