Jack Monroe #133 Neither a celebrity or a chef

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
how do you have three gardens? Surely it’s just one duck off massive garden?

Landrover DISCOVERY not to be mistaken with another cheaper breed sweeties

Oh, some of the places in Plymouth are spectacular. Most have been knocked down and flats put in, converted into posh apartments/turned into overpriced student accommodation - but depending upon where it actually was and whether it was actually West Devon rather than the three towns, there is/were a lot of them with land enough to run a smallholding; the sort of places that would show up on Gardener's World and the like as home to a national collection of Campions or the like. (So not for mere mortals).

Reactions: 12
It never ceases to confuse me why, when Jack spends so much time moaning about how she has no money and no fowever home uwu, that none of the squiggles would ever just think "get a job"? Literally GET A bleeping JOB. If your "media career" has you working 42 hour days for so little pay you can't make rent and live on maize snacks, GET A bleeping JOB.

Her "£23k" is more than I make working full time and I'm not behind on the rent (and also just ordered myself the new Xbox 👀) so even if that were truly her income, she isn't poor - she can't bleeping manage her money. I have no idea why the squigs and blue-tickers can see someone moaning all bleeping day about being skint and never question why when every other post is sponsored/full of luxury goods/her talking about having so many media opportunities/writing books 19+20+21+22.

If any other normal random person took to Twitter to moan about being skint on 23k they'd get told to manage their money better or get a better job or move to a cheaper area. When Jack does it she's the bleeping people's povvo princess, surviving on scraps and championing the poor. Considering that her idea of poor people cooking involves 6 slow cookers and recipes that take hours, you can't half tell she's barely done a day's work in her life when she thinks people have the time for this tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Late to this but I can’t abide Poppy shaming. I completely respect people’s right to wear one but there are myriad reasons why people might choose not to.
Poppy shaming and writing for the Express? If it smells like a Tory, it’s a Tory

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Correct me if I’m wrong but Marcus Rashford has studiously ignored her and not referred to her at all regarding the food scandal , same with Tom Kerridge yet she states she’s going to be working with them in the near future.

Is she .....is she......lying again?
Absolutely

Reactions: 24
Sorry to derail the thread slightly, but a chef on insta has done some exceptional work on this food box issue. His shared actual facts, and proven by actual cooking that you can make hearty, nutritious lunches at home. Not one mention of being tired, being up for 42 hours or trying to sell bikini pics. The complete opposite to Jack, and he actually helped me understand the matter further. For anyone interested (the account is public) it’s chef_ash_hamilton

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Another one who got the Best for Britain email this morning. I've copied some of the text as it seemed quite jarring even for Jack.

I don't know if she's mixed up who she is writing for but the sentence with "not want any Brit to have to struggle" seems strange.

Does anyone refer to people as Brits? I have only heard it as a perjorative when in NI. It seems strange and unnecessary to me. Surely you want to help regardless of nationality?
I know what it's like to live on the breadline. It's why I started my recipe blog - to help those who may only have pennies to feed their family, to do so in the cheapest most healthy way. And I don't want any Brit to have to struggle to put food on the table, let alone those who are putting their lives at risk to keep the rest of us safe

Ewww, it's a bit BNP/EDL/don't worry, I'm not campaigning to feed foreigners/refugees/immigrants/travellers/etc, isn't it?

Reactions: 34
Another one who got the Best for Britain email this morning. I've copied some of the text as it seemed quite jarring even for Jack.

I don't know if she's mixed up who she is writing for but the sentence with "not want any Brit to have to struggle" seems strange.

Does anyone refer to people as Brits? I have only heard it as a perjorative when in NI. It seems strange and unnecessary to me. Surely you want to help regardless of nationality?
I know what it's like to live on the breadline. It's why I started my recipe blog - to help those who may only have pennies to feed their family, to do so in the cheapest most healthy way. And I don't want any Brit to have to struggle to put food on the table, let alone those who are putting their lives at risk to keep the rest of us safe
It is strange. Not everyone in this country is "Brit" or would identify themselves as such. Then again Jack isn't really interested in anything as an issue unless it relates to her.

Reactions: 31
Oh aye, I now see it has bounced every month? Is she a compulsive liar? Or is it just her style to always exagerate (whether she talks about soft soft crappy white bread, writes cringeworthy self-love stew recipes or responds to tweets)?
She said "bounced", which may not mean "unpaid". If she's just timing it wrong, the rent will be taken out of her account with no money in it, THEN she gets paid. So the rent shows as unpaid and bounced in the account. But then if she gets paid, and pays the rent again (things that bounce usually get "retried" 5-7 days later). There's a chance she's not poor, just unorganised.

Reactions: 41
Hold up was her segment on sky scrapped? They said 8.30 but I didn’t see it?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
It never ceases to confuse me why, when Jack spends so much time moaning about how she has no money and no fowever home uwu, that none of the squiggles would ever just think "get a job"? Literally GET A bleeping JOB. If your "media career" has you working 42 hour days for so little pay you can't make rent and live on maize snacks, GET A bleeping JOB.

Her "£23k" is more than I make working full time and I'm not behind on the rent (and also just ordered myself the new Xbox 👀) so even if that were truly her income, she isn't poor - she can't bleeping manage her money. I have no idea why the squigs and blue-tickers can see someone moaning all bleeping day about being skint and never question why when every other post is sponsored/full of luxury goods/her talking about having so many media opportunities/writing books 19+20+21+22.

If any other normal random person took to Twitter to moan about being skint on 23k they'd get told to manage their money better or get a better job or move to a cheaper area. When Jack does it she's the bleeping people's povvo princess, surviving on scraps and championing the poor. Considering that her idea of poor people cooking involves 6 slow cookers and recipes that take hours, you can't half tell she's barely done a day's work in her life when she thinks people have the time for this tit.
Agreed and suspect it’s her very affluent demographic, they’re likely giving pocket money (& house deposits) to their kids earning significantly more so are aghast poor smol Jack has to make it alone in the world in RENTED accommodation. It’s the same reason no one holds her account for the slop, very few of her fans are in a position where they need it but think it’s gr8 the poorsTM have a saviour.

Why none of them have the good sense to search for her on companies house is another thing that continues to elude me !

Reactions: 32
From my studies of her Twitter antics, I think when she says she is 'working with someone' she means tweeting them, or adding the charity (or whatever) to one of her lists. If she says 'working behind the scenes', she means she has sent them an [unsolicited?} email or DM. If someone likes her tweet she is their friend.
When I was a kid I delivered papers one day I got asked to do a fundraiser with the paper and go with a bunch other delivery people and give out free ones for a few extra quid. I did. That meant I worked alongside the news paper but I didn't actually work with the people running the fundraiser. I went gave out the papers got my money and went on my merry way. It was not mentioned I worked with them after that afternoon. That's how I take it when she says she works with people. She's been associated with something they are doing but as a bit part that's not really talked about.

Reactions: 28

At the very least, I'd expect her squggle army to start making noise at all the corporate accounts that clearly haven't paid Jack yet and left her struggling. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
She said "bounced", which may not mean "unpaid". If she's just timing it wrong, the rent will be taken out of her account with no money in it, THEN she gets paid. So the rent shows as unpaid and bounced in the account. But then if she gets paid, and pays the rent again (things that bounce usually get "retried" 5-7 days later). There's a chance she's not poor, just unorganised.
Wouldn't that play havoc with your credit rating or something? I mean, you always pay rent at the same time each month, it's not that hard to sort out if you have money coming in...

Reactions: 28
She probably finally, gently went to sleep just as they were going on air.
the tweet from sky about her being on has also been deleted. There are replies but the original tweet is gone.

something happened that made her unavailable, with 20 min notice that’s odd.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
the tweet from sky about her being on has also been deleted. There are replies but the original tweet is gone.

something happened that made her unavailable 😕
They could have just dropped the item to make way for something else but I'm hoping there has been a chaos.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.